Same Old Boring Day

A Little Not Over You

Ji Hyo POV:

"Miss, it is time to get up. If you are late, you will be given an offence and your parents will be really unpleased with that! Please get up now!" I heard that so clearly in my dream, my characters in my dream woke me up, ending my perfect sweet dream. 

"Please give me 5 minutes! I do not feel really well!" I bargained, feeling a little drowsier than usual. 

"No! You give that excuse all the time to try to skip school! If your parents find out that I let you skip school, I am going to lose my rice bowl(get sacked). Hurry up!" The helper nagged at me as though she was my mother. However, gosh, wait till you meet my mother. 

Dragging my body out of the bed, I slipped on my bedroom slippers and entered the bathroom with another pair of slippers. I picked up my toothbrush and brushed my teeth faithfully for exactly 5 minutes. I then rinse my mouth and wash my face with soap. I then entered the shower and took my morning shower. The water felt usually colder today however I didn't think more to it, thinking maybe the heater went a little mad. I changed into my uniform and headed downstairs for breakfast. Climbing the stairs down, my legs seemed to nag to me to stop moving. I felt weak but I had to go to school. 

"Morning!" I greeted my parents who were both sitting at the dining table quiet. Sensing the tense atmosphere, I sat down and started on my American Breakfast served to me every morning that I am getting sick of it despite its fillingness and taste.

"I don't understand why did you lose money?!" My father started ranting to my mother.

"Don't look at me like that, my friend told me to invest because it was going to become better! I couldn't foresee such a thing happening to me!" My mother ranted back to my father. 

"What happened?" I asked, trying to show concern to my family matters although most of the time they say the same thing to me whenever I ask.

"This is adult things Ji Hyo, you don't have to ask and know everything!" My father said sternly to me. 

"Just focus on your grades and your school!" My mother said coldly to me.

Pissed, I quickly stuffed my food into my mouth, picked up my bag and left for school. In a car with a chauffeur. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I finally reached the school. 

"Thanks Mr Kim!" The only nice person in the household was my chauffeur. Nice, gentlemen and never nagged at me. In fact, he spoke of the opposite from my parents. He told me to try to unwind and relax a little instead of always getting caught up in my studies and my school. After I closed the door, he drove off back home to fetch my parents. 

"Ji Hyo!!!" The same familiar scream greeted me. It was Eun Hye. She is my best friend. I hooked my arm in hers and as we walked, I leaned on her shoulder, feeling the same weakness that conquered my body this morning. 

"Are you okay? You feel a bit warm!" Eun Hye asked me, touching my forehead. "Geez, you are burning up! We got to send you home!" 

I pushed her hand away. "It is okay. I am fine! Let's go. We don't want to be late!" We sped up and entered the class just nice as the bell rang. 

I study in a music school where everyone is a major in an instrument. For me, I major in Piano. On top of that, I am the best in the school. Piano had been my passion until my parents enrolled me in a music school, gradually turning my passion into a chore. However, I still like school. I like performing for people and hearing the claps when they hear me. It was not for fame. I was just glad that someone acknowledged my talent and my passion. 

"Ji Hyo! This afternoon, you will be playing a piece for the school for assembly right?" The teacher, Ms Cayford(from overseas) asked me. 

"Yes Mdm! I am! I am playing one of my favourite pieces of all time. I hope you will like it!" I told her, packing and sitting down at my seat. 

"I always do!" She replied happily. "Now, let's carry on!" She took out her notes and we started lessons. Lessons seemed to drag on for eternity. I felt sicker and weaker every moment. Finally, the bell rang off. Students rushed out of the lecture hall like a swamp of bees flying after a pot of honey. I packed up and left with Eun Hye. Everywhere I go, people are greeting me. Yes. I am that popular kid in the school. Having come from a rich background, people look up to me with admiration. However, I hated that. It is because of all these admiration that I am treated like a robot. I cannot make mistakes. Making mistakes was a rare for me. I was a top student and have been since young. Every mistake I make, my parents can nag about to me for 1 whole month hence, I am almost mistake-free. I waved, I smiled, I greeted like I was a star but this was not the life I wanted. 

Finally, the time to display my skills again is here. I am playing for the school assembly every week. I feel as though I was depriving others of their chance. 

"Let's welcome Ms Song!!!" Ms Cayford shouted into the mic, making the students and other teachers wince in pain for their ears. 

Sitting comfortably, I started playing. It was Fur Elise. It was a fairly normal piece but it was my childhood piece. As I played on, my eyes started blurring. I could not see clearly. I could feel my legs weakening on the pedal. Soon, I out and all I recall was everyone crowding around me and that I was passed out. That's it. My day went like this because my parents and helper was too dumb and mean to sense anything...