Seasons Change with TIme

A Little Not Over You

Gary POV:

The last time I saw her was on this very road. My last vision of her was her banging her fist against the backscreen of the car. As the car drove out of school, I tried my best to run after the car. However, at the very moment I thought I might catch the car, my unattended wound split open. Blood gushed out like a damaged dam. Pain vibrated through my cells, my veins and every muscle. I crumbled to the ground in pain as I tried to reach out for her. Suddenly, I felt light. My body went numb, I no longer feel pain. My eyelids felt heavier and I felt like sleeping. No one came to help me, no one was even on the street. 

Standing here now, 15 years later, the pain still feel real, like I just felt like yesterday. I remember thinking that I was going to die that day... However, to my disappointment, I woke up one week later in the hospital. 

"Finally you are up son!" The doctor came in and checked my charts. 

"Who brought me here?" I asked, curious. 

"You are disappointed you are alive aren't you?" He looked at me and he seemed to read me. 

"I am just surprised how I got here, no one was on that street. I thought that I was going to die..." 

"Someone called us and reported that a boy was lying on the street near your school with lots of blood. We went there and you were barely conscious. However no one saw anyone nearby. That street was deserted. No sight of the angel..." 

"How is that..." I asked then suddenly thinking that it was possible. The men who brought Ji Hyo away might have been the angels. 

"Honestly, you nearly didn't make it. Your heart stopped in the ambulance. We then did an operation on you to stitch up that opened wound of yours..." 

I didn't reply him. He came and sat on the couch beside my bed. He crossed his leg and looked at me.

"Son, who stabbed you? You know it yourself that it was a stab and you only merely added some cream and a bandage to stop the blood..." 

"I... It was an accident... I can't afford to pay bills..." I lied.

"If no one called for you, you probably would have died on that street and never see the light again..." 

"Well, I am pretty sure I am not meant to die then..." I laughed but felt pain around the stab wound. 

"By the way, son, please see a doctor next time because you tore your flesh internally even more that's why it finally split open and bled. The originally not so deep stab tore even more... Next time, see a doctor, there are welfares outside that can help you..." He got up and left. Before leaving, he smiled to me. 

The next day, I requested to discharge and I was granted the permission to discharge. I sold off my bike and managed to pay the bills. I was left with a few hundreds in my bank. On my way out of the hospital after paying my final bill, someone called me. 

"Gary?" 

I turned around and saw the doctor who talked to me when I woke up.

"Hi Sir!" I offered a hand and he shook it. 

"You look fine and good looking boy...." He complimented me.

"Nah... You think too well of me Sir!" 

"Are you free? Have time for lunch?" He offered. 

"Yeah... Sure!" I headed for lunch with him. Unfortunately, he paid for the meal and I felt so bad. 

"So where you going from now on?" He asked me. 

"I don't know... I guess I will just go around doing part time jobs to stay alive..." I spoke honestly. 

"Bumming around? I thought that you did pretty well for your results in your school? Music school furthermore..." 

"Yeah but I don't think I want to do music anymore..." I told him. Honestly, if it wasn't because of the project I wouldn't have met Ji Hyo and fell in love and wouldn't have been in this mess. I thanked the doctor for the meal. About 1 day later, near a cafe, a producer came up to me. 

"Mr Kang Gary? My friend recommended you. I would like to hear more about you. I checked with your school too and you did pretty well with your school results especially your last project with a lady. Shall we sit down and talk?" The lady producer talked so business like with me.

"Sure... However, I can't take too long. I have to go look for more jobs..." I told her. 

However, after that chat, I never needed a part time job. She offered me a job to write songs. My first song was a hit and I then signed a contract with her company. Finally when I was slightly more older, they recruited me to sing or rap. Now, I am a legitimate singer, rapper and composer with the name not known as Gary but Sung Joon. 

Everyday on this day, I will be given one free day to relax and I will without fail visit this road. For 15 years, I have visited this road. However, up till this time, a question still bother me. Why is it that no one bothered to find me at the hospital or even try to make contact with me? Why is that so? I was deep in thoughts when I saw a lady from afar walk towards me...

Ji Hyo POV:

It has been 15 years... My life has been a hell since the day I saw Gary lie on the ground and bleed to death. Everyone contacted me about Gary. I, my friends and even the school was told that he had passed on. Even though I heard of this artist called Sung Joon, I never believed it to be him because I saw him bleed till he couldn't move that very day. Sung Joon looks exactly like Gary but more handsome and more muscular. After being taken away by the men, we flew off in my parents' private jet. I then headed to study again until I made a debut as a pianist and composer. My parents took away everything from me. My handphone, my contacts... I lost all contacts until I managed to get contacts from Joong Ki who didn't left because he hasn't graduate. 

Standing on this road once again after 15 years... I felt ache. As I walked closer and closer to the school, I saw a man, in a coat standing in the middle of the road deep in thoughts. As I walked closer and closer, I felt more faint. The closer I was, the more familiar the face looked like to me. 

"Mr Kang Sung Joon?" I asked. The minute I was standing behind him, it felt like Mr Kang Sung Joon because his photoshoots were always of his back view so his backview was rather familiar from all the CFs and all. The man didn't turn around. I tapped him on his shoulder. When he turned around, I got the shock of my life. 

"Sorry, I was deep in thoughts. Can I help you...." The man before me bowd and apologised before looking at my eyes. Before me, stood a man I believed to have died 15 years ago. Kang. Gary. 

Gary POV:

When I came to realise who stood before me, I wanted to pull her in and hug her. However, I heard from the doctor who became a friend of mine that someone notified the school that I was dead. Apparently someone wanted to bury me in silence. So I decided to do just that and came up with a stage name. However, I was not very familiar with you. People called me Sung Joon but I don't know why, it takes me a few moment to register to the fact that someone is calling me and if I am deep in thought, only calling my real name will like 'activate' me. Seeing Ji Hyo before me, I wanted to avoid her first. 

"Hi. Mr Kang Sung Joon..." I offered a hand. As she raised her hand, her hand was shaking and when she shook my hand, I could see her eyes open wider. She registers the fact that it is me and not someone else. I drew my hand away very quickly.

"I have something on... I will make a move now. It is my honour to meet you Miss Song, a well known pianist overseas." I walked away. I didn't know that the reknowned pianist overseas was her. They shared the same name so it didn't occur to me that that might be her. She looked different too and I was trying my best to forget her so I never read news about this reknowned pianist again in case it sparked a crazy feeling in me again. 

"Mr Kang... Gary..." I was walking away but suddenly, she called me. By my real name. She knows...I stopped right in my tracks. I was lost as to what to do... 

Seasons passes so quickly with time. Now, I wished the seasons will never come and go because this way, time will stop and maybe I can just drown in that moment....