Feeling Of Loss

A Little Not Over You

JI HYO POV:

Ever since that day when Samuel came to harrass me, I have not seen him since then. I wonder what happened to him... As I walked down the hallway, I replayed the scene over and over in my head. Samuel had tried to ually harrass me but Gary hit him real bad and rescued me. We then went to JGS and rested as I laid in his arms and slept until the school was closing. It has been 3 days. Just then, Eun Hye ran towards me. 

"JI HYO! DID YOU SEE SAMUEL? HE WAS BEATEN TO A PULP!" She screamed into my ear. 

"What? Where?" I asked, concern.

"Follow me!" She then held my hand as I followed her run down the hallway to where Samuel is.

"Are you okay dude? Who did that to you? You look bad dude!" Samuel's friend Joseph asked. 

"Shut up!" He shouted. Everyone was soon surrounded around him. He was one of the best fighter in school. No wait. He was not a good fighter. It was just that no one dared to touch him due to his family background and his status in school. He was the most popular kid in school. No one wanted to mess with him. I pushed through the crowd and went to him.

"Are you okay Samuel? Can I see?" I asked him although it was me who made him get bashed up.

"Let's go!" Samuel called to his group of friends. 

"Move!" Joseph shouted through the crowd as they made way for them. Samuel glared at me before he left. 

From afar, I saw Gary standing there. I hoped he didn't hear what I asked Samuel. No one with the right sense will go up to the person who tried to ually harrass her and ask if he was okay. If I did meant that I was still concerned about him because he was a childhood friend of mine. 

"Let's go! We are going to be late!" Eun Hye hurried me. I glanced once more at where Gary was standing. However he was no longer there. I don't know why what I felt a bit relieved that he didn't find me. I was feeling a bit guilty and embarrassed.

I walked to lesson with Eun Hye. I entered the classroom to see Gary seated beside Dong Hoon instead of leaving a seat for me. I decided to just sit alone on the seat behind Eun Hye and Jong Kook. The lesson ended really slowly. I was just trying to comprehend the situation right now. Is Gary jealous or angry about me asking Samuel was okay? I was so frustrated, the moment lesson ended, I walked right up to Eun Hye and asked her for help.

"Hey, could we talk for a while?" 

"What is it again?" 

"I kissed Gary yesterday because of something. He kissed me back. You were right. He was afraid that I wasn't prepared for it and he wanted to take the relationship slowly. However, today, when I asked Samuel if he was okay, I think he was jealous or angry or something." I was so scared now.

"Angry? It wasn't as though Gary had hit him. Why would he be angry? Haha. I think that you are being a bit paranoid. Don't worry. It is all the same for couples initially. You will learn to build trust together soon..." 

"Eun Hye..." I held her hand back as she was about to leave.

"Don't worry. If you are really scared and want to know the problem, go find him and talk to him!" She then gave me a hug and left. 

The day past really fast as I had made up my mind to talk to him after school. I felt myself become nervous as the day went on. Finally the last bell rang and it marked the end of the day. I rushed to JGS knowing that Gary was often there when upset or just want to be alone. I knocked and entered the room. Gary saw me and stood up immediately. He was about to leave without even giving me a glance. I closed the door and leaned on the door. 

"GARY!" I shouted at him.

"I need to leave. Please excuse yourself..." He said it so coldly it seemed as though he was a total stranger. 

"Are you unhappy? Are you upset about this morning?" 

"This morning? What happened?" He backed off a bit, acting dumb.

"Don't lie Gary. You are a bad liar. You heard me clearly."

"Heard you? Heard what?" He never looked at me once all this while. 

"You clearly heard me ask Samuel if he was okay. You heard it. You gave me that cold and scary look. I saw it Gary!" Just then my phone buzzed and I looked at it. It was a message from Eun Hye.

SAMUEL IS EXPELLED FROM SCHOOL! INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING! I HEARD THAT IT WAS UAL HARRASSMENT. NOT TOO SURE THOUGH!

I locked my phone and when I looked back at Gary, it was a total expression. Anger and annoyance filled me.

"You told the teacher? About Samuel?" Gary finally looked at me. He threw his bag so hard to the ground I flinched.

"I did not say anything about you. I merely told the teacher that Samuel had tried to ually harrass a girl..." I cut him off immediately.

"Why did you do that? You could have just kept quiet and ignore him. You caused him to be expelled now. If his family knows and the news goes out to the public, their companies' shares are going to drop and my dad's company will be affected too! 

"So it is your family afterall? The family of which you complain so much about?" 

"Of course! They are my family and I grew up with Samuel! He meant so much to me! He was a good friend to me. Giving me presents on my birthdays and buying me drinks ocassionally!" I confessed. I then thought I saw tears at the brim of Gary's eyes.

"Why don't you marry him? If that happens, you guys will hit headlines and their shares are going to be real high again! You guys have showered together when young haven't you? Why don't you go to him now?" 

"Gary! How could you say such a thing?" I asked, shocked and sad.

"You shouldn't have come to me. You should have gone to Samuel. Ask if he needs help going home. Maybe stay at his home and look after him. Letting him do whatever he wants with you!" The next thing I know was that I placed my palm hard on Gary's face. All he did was look back at me with a pair of sad and disappointed eyes.

"How could I have said that? Do you know that when I saw you yesterday how much my heart ached? I thought that I was going to die seeing you that way. I thought that I was going to lose you! Yet the very next day all you did was not to come to me but to go over to the guy who tried to ually harrass you. And ask if he was okay? HAVE YOU SEEN MY HANDS?" He showed me his hand. The skin on his knuckles was peeled and his hand was feeling with torn skin and dried blood. I tried to reach for his hand but all he did was to put it into his pocket. 

"Gary... he is my childhood friend!" 

"And a guy who tried to ually harrass you. But did actually ually harrass other girls! Where are your moral values Ji Hyo? I expected more from you!" He gave me a sad and disappointed look. He picked up his bag. I made way for him. As he opened the door, he said something else that I really did not know at all. 

"To think that I put my studies in risk protecting you. I bet you didn't know that I am suspended from tomorrow onwards for 2 weeks because I bashed Samuel up for you. I told the teacher about Samuel and myself. Why? Because I thought that even if my studies were to be affected, at the  very least I should bring Samuel down with me to protect you. Yet all you did was ask Samuel if he was okay. Did I not even mean that much to you compared to Samuel? Was he more important than me in the end?" As he finish, I saw his tear drip down his face. He then walked down and away. 

As I saw his back move further and further away, I couldn't help but crumble to the ground and cry. I was the one who made the mistake yet I was the one who yelled at him. For once, I felt the feeling of lossing someone who meant so much to me. Someone I really liked and loved...