Days of Depression

A Little Not Over You

Ji Hyo POV:

That very night as I sent Gary out of my home without even chasing him, I felt so empty. I sat at the very same position without movement for almost an hour, trying to comprehend how things got so out of hand. When I finally allowed reality to set in, all I did for the rest of the night was cry nonstop. Whenever I did stop, I will see Gary and my photo on the photoframe beside my bed and start crying all over again. I never stopped until 3am. By then, even if I wanted to cry, I was pretty sure my tear well was dry. 

Gary POV:

As soon as I left Ji Hyo's room, I told myself a million times not to turn back to look at her because I know very well that if I did, I will never continue walking out. This mess will just get crazier, messier and more bloody. As soon as I walked out of her house gates, nothing stopped me. I ran as fast as my legs could go. I ran from her house to the busstop all the way home. I cried all the way from the gate till the time I reached home. The pain in my heart ached so much more than my legs did from all the running. As soon as I arrived home, the scene replayed nonstop in my head. From the nights we spent on the bed in my arms to the pain I felt just now. I crumbled to the ground. I rolled up into a little ball as I let pain, tears and fear sip into my humanly damaged body slowly as every minute ticks on. 

Finally day decided to wake up and greet the earth. I dragged myself up and washed up. As I stood in the shower with the water flowing down my body, my open wound ached and screamed out loud. Once done, I stood in front of the mirror . My whole body was filled with bruises. My face looks like a swollen piece of crap. All I could do was ignore and get dressed. I rode my bike all the way to school. Only to be greeted by my greatest worry now...

Ji Hyo POV:

The moment the sun creeped up, I rushed to dress up. I was about to leave the house when the chauffeur came up to me and directed me to the car. Now I was going to be chauffeured everywhere I go. I sat in the car. I plucked my earpiece in and blast the music so loud I couldn't even hear a single thing the chauffeur said. I just got down when the car drove into the school. As soon as the car drove off, Gary's bike blasted its way into the school. There was not a lot of people yet as it was early in the morning. I walked over to Gary. As soon as he took off his helmet, I felt tears fighting to get out of my eyes already. His face was filled with cuts, bruises and blood stains. I reached my hand up only to receive a cold respond. He dodged my hand and started walking away. 

"Gary! Oppa. Please... Please don't do this!!!" I tagged along behind him, tears streaming down already. Suddenly, he turned around and pushed me against the wall. 

"ENOUGH!" He placed an arm beside my face. As soon as I made eye contact with him, I saw his puffy red eyes staring right back at me. "Gary..." I said softly. As my hand went up once again, he didn't move instead, his tear dropped onto my hand and I stopped. He then turned and ran down the hallways. I knew exactly where he would be. I went straight for JGS. I knocked on the door and entered. Initially, I didn't see anyone. It was then I saw Gary sitting beside the piano at the corner of the room, burying his head in his knees. I kneeled in front of him and lifted his head up. His tears fell on my hands. This time he didn't fight it. I came closer to him and hugged his head to my chest. He wrapped his arm around my body and the two of us cried for the remaining 15 minutes. Finally he stood up abruptly and walked towards the door. I ran to the door and blocked him. 

"Gary... I think we need to talk..." I was about to continue when he did something I never thought he will do. 

Gary POV:

I swooped in and kissed her. Intially her lips did not move. Soon, reality stepped in and our lips started moving at the same pace. We kissed. And kissed. With passion, with sadness and full of need. Finally when we were out of breath, I pulled away. 

"This is what I can do for you... to protect you..." I whispered to her and then pushed her away and left. She didn't chase me. Thank goodness. I left for lesson. 

Ji Hyo POV:

After we kissed, I still felt his lips and the way he kissed. The way our lips and mouth seemed to fit each other was like perfect. We were literally perfect for each other. He whispered to me those words that made me feel slightly better but still depressed. I finally got my sense back and headed for class. However, the first lesson was the same class as Gary's. I sat beside Eun Hye and Jong Kook sat beside Gary. 

I explained the situation to Eun Hye without missing a single detail, including the kiss. 

"He kissed you?" She was shocked. 

"Yeah. Why? Don't tell me you and Jong Kook has never kissed?" 

"Yeah. He never tried and I never expected anything. We have never kissed. He only kissed my forehead once or twice?" 

"OMG. That means..."

"I don't know. I think you should just leave it as it is. Don't make things worse!" Eun Hye adviced me. 

Ocassionally, Gary and I would make eye contact but not say anything. He never really said anything to Jong Kook though. I guess he didn't really want to talk about it. 

 

Days passed by without him. It was like living in hell. Every minute he was in my mind. However, it was D-5 to our performance. Results came out and I did well as usual. Which has come not as a surprise. However, on this day, Gary did something which made me long for him even more.. As we I walked down the hallway to the canteen, I saw from afar Gary's head. He wasn't tall but I just seem to be able to sense it when he was near. He was walking in the opposite direction. As he walked towards me, his eyes were fixed on me. However, the nearer he got to me, his eyes left me. When he was slightly in front of me, his hand reached for mine and touched mine. I gripped his hand tightly as we continued walking our same directions. When it was too far, we finally let go, our fingers still trying to reach for each other though... I was really waiting for the day we could be together again!!!