Date 1

A Little Not Over You

JIHYOPOV:

Standing in front of the mirror, I have been preparing myself for this time for almost 1 hour. I showered myself as clean as possible, put on makeup and even dressed myself up. I stood in front of the mirror, matching a bag to go with my dress. I really don't know what to bring! 

GARYPOV:

I woke up especially early this morning. I did more lifts and boxes than usual. I did almost 100 push ups. I showered and even styled my hair a little. I wanted to look good for her. I wanted my muscles to stand out so that she don't look like she is dating a nerd or someone not cool. I have to be as cool as her to be her match. Now, as I wear my shoes, I could feel my heart beating faster by the second as we approach the time for our first date.

JIHYOPOV:

I finally decided to carry a small bag so that it is not so burdensome. I was slipping my shoes on when Joong Ki ran out of the house and unlocked the gate for someone. No one even rang the bell. I wonder who it is.

"Noona! Your prince charming is here! He looks dashing today!" Joong Ki ran in and informed me. So it was Gary. 

"Alright. I am done!" I told Joong Ki as I tied my school lace tight and headed out.

"Have fun! I will cover you. Just come home at night!" He gave me a playful look and I just smiled and walked out of the house. As I walked to the gate, I took deep breathes. It is our first date since he confessed to me. We have been in a relationship for about 3 weeks but due to school events we couldn't really go on a proper date. 

"Hey! You look great today!" He told me as I slipped my hands very automatically into his. 

"Are you saying I look weird on other days?" I acted mad. 

"Erm... sometimes. You come to school with a messy hair sometimes!" He laughed and said honestly. 

"REALLY? AND YOU HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING TO ME FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS?" I scolded him and did my hair a little, conscious of what he said. 

"I am joking. You look pretty and awesome everyday at anytime!" He then pat my head and smoothed my hair down. 

GARY POV: 

I walked with her hand in hand until we reached a carpark. I have a surprise for her. 

"Ji Hyo, I have a surprise for you!" He told me, looking excited. I wonder what was it.

"TADA!" He waved to a new motorcycle. 

"Wow! Did you buy that with your own money?" I asked, amazed by the motorcycle. It looked great too with the black and sleek design. 

"Yep! I bought it with my own money. Best thing is that it is fully paid already. I had enough money to pay the full sum!" He told me, looking proud of himself. 

I said something I regretted a little,"Is it second-hand? Can it be ridden safely? I mean, could you really afford a bike like this? It is not going to be cheap this bike!" 

He was silent for a while before smiling and said nicely,"I have been working my off to buy this bike and I am alone. Where else could I use my money. For all you know I die tomorrow. What can I do with all those money? Might as well use it well now!" 

"TOUCHWOOD! You are not going to die anytime soon! What did you promise me? To be with me forever!" She scolded me.

"Yes Mdm! Can we now get on? I promise, this is not the latest model but it is first-hand and I am a safe driver. Come on!" I got onto the bike and helped her up.

"Let's go!!!" She shouted, posing the superman pose as I started the engine. The engine roared and we rode off. At a red light, I saw that she looked a little scared so I took her hands and wrapped it around my waist. 

"Don't worry and just relax!" I shouted to her. 

"Stop talking, just ride the bike properly!" She sounded scared. 

All I could do was laugh.

JIHYOPOV:

Honestly, I didn't mean to ask the question that harshly. I was just worried for myself and him. I was glad he took it easy. I was really scared too as he rode the bike. I held on to him tightly, fearing because it was the first time I was on a bike on a highway. However, I enjoyed it. I liked how I could wrap my arms around him and feel safe. I liked the way the engine roared as we drove along the roads. I liked the way he gets on and off the bike, helping me put on my helmet and remove it. 

"What's the itinerary today Sir?" I asked him as we entered a mall hand in hand. 

"Surprise! Don't tell you!" He poked my nose and we walked on. 

"No way!" I told him as we stood in front of the lady. Gary passed her two movie tickets and we entered the cinema. We were watching a horror movie. 

"Don't worry. I am here! I am scared too. Let's get scared together!" He told me sincerely. I honestly could see the fear in him too.

"You really know how to make a first date have a lasting and deep impression!" I told him as we sat side by side in the theatre, waiting for the show to start. 

During the entire movie, our fingers were locked in each others and we screamed together. Spilled popcorn together. Laughed together and cried together. When we finished the movie, honestly, we were both frightened out of our wits.

"That was nice!" Gary said weakly to me.

"Yeah. However I don't need any more of this anymore!" I shook my head as we left for other activities. 

"What's next?" I asked him. 

The remaining day passed pretty fast. There was a surprised after another. He brought me to a nice restaurant and paid the bill. He then brought me to a pet shop. He then brought me to a cat cafe, knowing my liking for animals. At around 9pm, he sent me home. He walked me all the way from the carpark near my house to my house. He made sure I walked in to the house, entered my bedroom. He only left when I went to the balcony to say goodbye. As he waved goodbye, I was glad that the first date went like that. He made it memorable and sweet. I was also glad that he didn't try to take it too far. He is without a doubt the one for me.