Apology Accepted

A Little Not Over You

JIHYO POV:

After our fight that day, I didn't see Gary for the next 2 weeks. I never saw Samuel as well from then on. However, I felt weird. It was within this 2 weeks that I realised how important Gary was to me and the effect he has on me. I was constantly hoping that he will come up from behind me and hug me. I was even hoping he will suddenly burst into class, apologising for being late. Imagining that he was late because he had saw a nice bouquet of flower and bought it for me. Joong Ki and I went home everyday together in silence. No one asked me anything about Gary's disappearance but I am guessing they know. Finally it was Monday. The third week since his suspension. 

"Eun Hye, did you happen to see Gary?" I asked her as she walked beside me. 

"No. Why? Isn't he supposed to be back today?" She asked me back.

"Yeah but I haven't seen him yet!" I then rushed forward to Jong Kook and Dong Hoon.

"Jong Kook, did you see Gary?" I asked him frantically. We haven't even texted each other for the past 2 weeks. I was feeling bad and embarrassed and realised that it was my fault. 

"No. Sorry. I am so sorry!" I looked at Dong Hoon and he shrugged his shoulder and shook his head. 

"It's okay! Thanks!" I then ran down the hallways hoping to find him until the bell rang and I rushed back to class. 

"Ji Hyo! Hurry get seated."My teacher instructed me. It was a special lesson for our project. The project where we could do anything thing we want. Dance, skit or song or anything.

"Get seated everyone! By the way, are everyone's partner here except Ji Hyo's?" The teacher said.

"Sir! Where is Gary? Did he tell you anything?" I asked the teacher.

"I thought you guys were dating? He didn't tell you? He called and said he was sick... He sounded really bad!" The teacher looked at me and shook his head. 

I saw some people look my way but all I could register was running out of class. I headed to the school office and lied.

"Mdm, I am not feeling very well, can I leave school early today?" 

"Where are you sick?" She asked, giving me the suspicious look.

"I... I am having menstrual cramps... Please... It is embarrassing and painful!" I lied.

"Oh... Your parents?" She asked me.

"They are overseas... Just today please..." I begged her.

"Alright! Rest well okay? Hurry go home!" She smiled and released me just like that. She had always liked me so it was no big problem. Instead of running home, I ran with all my might to Gary's house. I knocked on the door until Gary opened the door. 

"Aren't you supposed to be in school now? Go back school!" He weakly pushed me away and tried to close the door. I pushed the door back and entered his house. 

"You are supposed to be in school Ji Hyo! Go back... hurry!" 

"GARY! UP TILL THE POINT WHERE YOU ARE SICK AND THE FIRST THING YOU TELL ME TO DO IS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL? CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF TOO AND NOT JUST ME. DON'T MAKE ME SO WORRIED. ASKING EVERYONE WHERE ARE YOU TODAY! GARY... PLEASE!" I shouted at him. He was too weak to even give a shocked look or surprised. Instead, he just took a cloth and started cleaning the floor and laid a table down. I placed my things down. He then made his way to the bed slowly. I touched his forehead to feel it burning. His fever was really high. His lips were so pale. I ran out of his house and bought a fever strip immediately. 

"Keep quiet! Just let me take care of you once... please..." He tried to push my hand away when I tried to put the fever strip on his forehead. Finally he gave in and let me do it. I placed a fever strip on his head and cleaned his face a little. I then went out to buy some food as well. Having been alone at home so often, I learned how to cook even if there was a maid at home. I bought some healthy food and started cooking as Gary slept. Finally when it was the afternoon, I woke Gary up and forced him to eat even a little bit. 

"JUST EAT!" I forced him to eat at least one quarter of the bowl of porridge. I then fed him some medicine. He then went back to sleep again. As I watched him sleep, I gradually fell asleep on the table too...When I woke up, it was the next day. He was up and ready for school. 

"Gary!" I got up and touched his forehead. He was better already. He still looks pale but he was fine I guess. I saw a blanket on the floor and remember very clearly that I didn't put a blanket over me. I looked at him. All he did was smile. 

"I texted Joong Ki already. He said it was no big problem since your parents are overseas." 

"Thanks!" I said to him and realised the awkwardness that stepped in since we fought 3 weeks ago.

"I will be waiting outside. Hurry!" He told me.

I hurriedly washed up and packed up and went down. I realised that he wasn't going to ride the bike. As we walked, I subconsciously was walking slower and slower and was always behind him. Finally, he stopped and I stopped too. I didn't even walk up to catch up. I just stopped where I was, 5 steps behind him. He turned around, walked towards me and held my hand. 

"Don't walk behind me. I don't need a follower. Don't walk in front of me. I don't need a leader. Just walk beside me and be my girlfriend!" He smiled. Instantly, I cried right in the streets. 

"Why you crying? Don't cry... I didn't even scold you... Don't cry... sssh!" He then wrapped me in his protective and warm arms. When I stopped, I stuttered out.

"I was wrong. I am so sorry. I shouldn't have flare up. I am sorry. You were right!" I then tried hard to fight back my tears. He held my hand and walked. 

"I was never angry. Just disappointed. I never text you the past 2 weeks because I wanted to clear the air with you personally face to face. I was also busy working and working out." He then flexed his muscles.

"Haha... Gary. Are we cool now?" I asked. 

"Cool? We are definitely as cool as a cucumber!" He then held my hand tightly as we walked together to school, feeling that same sense of familiarity...