A Night Out

A Little Not Over You

JiHyo POV:

As he let me down from bridal style, I stood at the door, surprised by the interior of this room. His house was the size of my room. All he has in his house was a toilet, a little pantry, a bed and some weights and a boxing bag handmade. I limped in slightly before he said to me.

"Hey, sit here!" He sternly warned me and pointed to the edge of his bed. Obediently I just sat on the edge of his bed. His bed was hard, not soft like mine. However it was relatively comfortable. I leaned back against my shoulder and looked up. Above me on the ceiling was a whole ceiling pasted with paper showing the galaxy like. It was a makeshift wallpaper. It was then I realised what he was doing. Sitting on the bed, which was about 5 steps above the level of the living room, I could see everything. He was boiling water and getting some box. He then came up and sat on the floor. He laid some newspaper on the floor beneath my feet. He took a lemon and asked me to bite it. Curious, all I did was bite it as I was instructed. Before I knew it, he poured antiseptic solution right onto my wound. I felt the pain like it just happened. I grabbed the sheets of the bed and clutched in pain. 

"This is going to sting real bad. Bear with it!" He looked at me, pain in his eyes as though it was him who got cut. With precise and swift movement, he quickly plucked out a piece of glass from my ankle. He then used more antiseptic solution to clean it. I don't know if it was the pain or what but I could feel my vision blurring and blacking a bit. Gary, carefully pasted a bandage over my wound. I felt my hands weakening. 

"Ji Hyo! You can't! Ji Hyo!" That was all I heard before I passed out right on his bed. 

I vaguely remember what happened when I woke up. I realised that I was tucked nicely into the blankets of the bed. I jumped up and saw Gary sleeping on another mattress on the empty space. I got up and tried to walk. The pain was less excruciating although it still hurts. I limped my way down. I was about to leave but then Gary woke up. 

"Hey! Where you going? I am not done!" He got up, rushed into the toilet, washed himself up. He then helped me to the bed again. I sat down at the edge. He brought a pail of water and a clean towel. He then set a bottle of ointment beside the bed. 

"Clean yourself up then use this ointment and apply it to where you are hurt. I will be showering. When you are done, knock on the door. We will then go for school together!" He then went to shower after setting water to be boiled. 

I closed the curtain, took off my clothes and wiped myself. I then applied the ointment to my wounded parts. I suffered pain and blueblacks on my stomach and my hands as the guy yesterday hit me real hard. I was done. I knocked on his door. In about 5 minutes, he came out, dressed well. He then opened 2 satchets of a drink and passed one cup to me. 

"Helps you build energy!" He gulped his down in one mouth while I slowly sipped mine. He then packed his bag, bed and his room. We then headed to school together. 

"I will take the taxi Gary," I told him as I stood by the road and flagged for a taxi. However, admist the cars, none of it is a taxi. 

He dragged me from the side of the road, sat me down on his bicycle. He sat down, wrapped my arms around his waist and rode off. The two of us rode off together to school. When we arrived at school, people were staring at us. However, thank god, Joong Ki ran over to me. Oh Man! I forgot to tell Joong Ki anything! 

"Hey! How's your ankle? Gary texted me last night that you were injured and didn't want to go home. He cleaned your wound and u rested at his house right?" He asked me. 

"What did you tell mom?" I asked, in a frantic panic.

"Oh! I just said that you were at Eun Hye's house having a sleepover. Eun Hye helped covered too. Her mom helped too!" He then laughed as he supported me and we walked to class. In class, I sat at a corner. My head turned unconsciously and I looked at Gary. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. The way he tucked me in to his bed like a father. Like a brother. Like... like a boyfriend would... I then realised I was smiling and couldn't help it. I texted him under the desk.

"Thanks for everything Gary! We gotta officially start our project!"

"No problem!" He replied. 

I then saw him put his handphone into his pocket and not do anything else. I was a little pissed thinking that he would care more for me. It was then I realised, how much his actions and words meant to me. I like him. I realise, finally, that I like him. At that moment, the bell rang and as everyone ran out of class, I was slowly packing my bag, smiling and glad to have come to the realisationg that I. Like. Gary!