Chanzilla

Baek in a Box

 

 

 

Chanyeol wasn’t used to having ten pairs of eyes on him all at the same time; it made him feel awkward, although he was sure it shouldn’t have. Very rarely were they all in the one room at once, so Chanyeol was certain they were up to something.

Baekhyun was curled up into a little ball in Chanyeol’s lap, staring at the television with a bored expression; once again, Jongin had asked to watch Taemin perform and, much to Chanyeol’s surprise – and relief – Baekhyun had allowed him without so much of an argument. So long as he was given permission to cuddle up to Chanyeol.

All in a day’s work keeping the peace, Chaneyol supposed.

Balancing carefully, his arms spread out to stable himself, Minseok made his way along the back of the couch, using Chanyeol’s head to stable him.

“I’m bored,” he huffed as he made it to the far end of the couch without so much as a wobble. “Is there anything to do today?”

Chanyeol thought for a moment. “Well,” he began slowly, “there’s colouring books and crayons.”

Minseok shook his head. “I’ve already coloured in a picture. Anything else?”

Again, Chanyeol thought. He thought long and hard. Baekhyun always seemed to be entertained; what was something he liked to do?

“I can get Mister Byun if you’d like?”

A small pout crept onto Minseok’s face and he folded his arms in front of his chest. “Mister Byun is Yixing’s friend. Not mine.”

(“He’s my friend, too!” Baekhyun puffed, wiggling his way closer to Chanyeol’s chest.)

“Puzzles?”

Yixing, who had been napping quietly  at the far end of the couch sat up, rubbing his eyes drowsily. He looked from Minseok to Chanyeol before raising his hand patiently. With his eyebrows arched, Chanyeol stared at him. This wasn’t like school, Yixing didn’t have to raise his hand to speak.

But still, the drowsy Yixing remained silent, his hand stretching even higher in the air.

“Yes, Yixing?” Chanyeol sighed.

“Do you have any toys that you used to play with when you were little, Mister Chanyeol?”

Mister Chanyeol? Yixing had been hanging around with Baekhyun far too often.

“Oh yes!” Baekhyun added, getting to his feet, his hands clasped together hopefully. “I want to play with Mister Giant’s childhood toys, too! Can we? Please?”

Chanyeol clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he pondered this. After leaving home, he didn’t bring many of his childhood things with him. Mister Byun was a given – Mister Ducky, well … That just so happened to be in his toiletry bag. But what else was there to play with?

“I have lego,” Chanyeol said slowly, unsure of whether he actually did or not.  It had been some years since he had seen it last.

“Lego!” Baekhyun chirped eagerly, clapping his hands together in excitement. “What’s Lego?”

“Er,” said Chanyeol. Prying Baekhyun from him, Chanyeol placed him on the couch and got to his feet. “It’ll be easier if I just showed you. Wait here, I’ll only be a moment.”

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol disappeared down the hallway. He didn’t like it when Chanyeol would leave him alone. Baekhyun couldn’t explain why and he was certain that he didn’t fully understand himself. But he knew that he felt empty when Chanyeol wasn’t there.

“Mister Giant!” he called as loudly as he could, sticking his little arms out in front of him. “Wait for me!”

When Chanyeol didn’t return, Baekhyun attempted to clamber down the side of the couch, dropping awkwardly onto Kris who was reading a story to Tao and Sehun quietly at the base of the couch.

“Sorry,”Baekhyun apologised quickly before hurrying off after Chanyeol, his socks slipping and sliding on the floorboards in his haste.

“Mister Giant?” he called, peering into their bedroom. Half of Chanyeol was almost completely concealed under the bed and Baekhyun felt a flurry of panic wash over him.

His Mister Giant was being eaten by their bed!

Without so much as a second though, Baekhyun puffed his chest out and darted forward, wiggling his way through the cluster of boxes under Chanyeol’s bed until he skidded to a halt, inches away from Chanyeol’s face.

“Oh, hey Baekhyun,” Chanyeol smiled. “I said I’ll only be a moment – is everything okay?”

Baekhyun couldn’t contain his happiness. He stretched his arms out, doing his best to hug the top of Chanyeol’s head, burying his face in Chanyeol’s hair.

“I thought you were eaten!” he sniffed. “I’m so glad to see that you’re okay, Mister Giant!”

“Eaten?” Chanyeol asked as he placed Baekhyun on his shoulder, climbing out from under the bed; his (rather dusty) box of Lego held tightly in his hands. “You have such an imagination.”

“But-” Baekhyun protested. Didn’t Chanyeol realise he was worried? “But I saved you!”

A small smile spread across Chanyeol’s face as he got to his feet. “Sure, Baekhyun. You saved me. Now let’s go play!”

 

 


 

It took most of the morning, but by the time it was finished, it looked absolutely spectacular! A Lego city made up on mismatched blocks. Just the right size for them to play in.

Jongdae surveyed the creation with a disinterested huff.

“Spaceship?” he asked and Chanyeol shook his head.

“It’s perfect!” Baekhyun exclaimed, rocking eagerly on the balls of his feet. “Now, what do we do with it?”

A wide grin spread across Chanyeol’s face. “Well,” he began, “you could try and defend the city. It can be a Cape Crew quest.”

“Defend the city?” Kyungsoo asked, tilting his head to the side. “Defend it from what?”

“Me,” Chanyeol said simply. “Pretend I’m a monster. Fight me. Try and keep me away.”

“But I don’t want to try and keep you away,” Baekhyun murmured quietly, earning snickers from Jongin and Luhan who stood closest to him.

“Alright,” Chanyeol grinned. “Get ready and – go!”

The nine of them scampered into the Lego city, Baekhyun a little more reluctant than the rest. Taking him by the hand, Luhan dragged him through the rainbow brick towers, weaving his way this way and that.

“You can hide with Sehun and I,” he said, offering Baekhyun a warm smile, and when he didn’t respond, Luhan added:

“Oh don’t worry, it’s just a game. Chanyeol isn’t really a monster.”

“No,” Baekhyun huffed sadly. “It’s not that.”

“Then what’s bothering you?” Sehun asked, moving to Luhan’s side. Luhan nodded, his eyebrows raised in curiosity.

“Mister Giant said to … To fight him. I don’t want to. I don’t want him to get hurt.”

“Then don’t,” Sehun said with a small smile. “It’s simple. We’ll defend the city. You, as the leader of Cape Crew can just, uh … Stay here.”

Frowning, Baekhyun reached for the fraying hem of his cape. What kind of leader would just sit around and do nothing while his comrades – his friends – fought to defend? He couldn’t let that happen. He had to defend Lego City.

But that meant trying to fight Mister Giant …

And Baekhyun wasn’t entirely sure he could do that.

“Alright,” he nodded finally. “I’ll help defend. If you need me, I’ll  be that way!” He pointed to the left side of Chanyeol’s Lego city before waving and running off, doing his best to weave his way through the tall stacks of Lego.

Roar,” Chanyeol bellowed. It was weak, reluctant, but he wanted to play the part of the monster as much as he could tolerate (without feeling like an idiot.) Baekhyun still thought his roar sounded manly scary.

“Stay back, monster!” Tao threatened, brandishing a long, thin piece of Lego (that he had pulled up from the city accidentally) in front of him like a staff. “Stay back! I won’t let you destroy the city!”

Chanyeol grinned, breaking a Lego brick from the very top of the building and dropping it at Tao’s feet. Tao took a step backwards, his Lego staff still held out in front of him protectively.

He was in trouble! Baekhyun had to act quickly.

Doing his best to scramble to the top of a – not so very – tall Lego building, Baekhyun drew in a deep breath.

“Over here, you … You Giant!”

Chanyeol shifted his gaze away from Tao to where Baekhyun stood, balanced precariously atop four square Lego bricks. Extending a hand, he gave the building next to Baekhyun’s a gentle tap and watched it topple over.

“Please leave!” Baekhyun said, his eyes locked firmly onto Chanyeol’s. “You’re not wanted here!”

Those words hurt. He knew it was just a game, but … They hurt his heart.

“Stay back!”

Drawing in a sharp breath, he raised his hands to shoo Chanyeol away. Taking a brave step forward, he was determined to protect Lego City. And then his stomach gave a lurch. Baekhyun had forgotten that he was balancing atop a building and, when his stride was met with nothingness, he let out a small gasp, tumbling forward.

Baekhyun landed on something soft with a quiet oof.

Looking up, Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol, with his arm stretched out across the city; the palm of his hand catching Baekhyun the moment he fell.

“I think that’s enough play time, Baek. Don’t you think?”

Wiggling forward, Baekhyun wrapped his tiny hands around the cuff of Chanyeol’s jumper, his eyes stinging with tears.

“I’m sorry,” he whimpered, “I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry? For what?”

Closing his eyes, Baekhyun buried his face into Chanyeol’s sleeve. “You’re wanted here. Never leave!”

“I’m not going anywhere,” Chanyeol replied, unsure of what had made Baekhyun so upset.

“Please,” Baekhyun said, his voice no more than a whisper. “Don’t ever leave me.”

 

 

 

 

 

A big thank you to sleeplessbeauty9 for this chapters plot!

I get too easily distracted by Barom Yu.

*rolls around*



 

In other news, my friend Kira sent me these two adorable Cape Crew
photos with her Big Bang cape (and suggested making a 

Cape Crew photo album of sorts.)

Thank you for letting me post them, lovely!

    

I'M SORRY FOR POSTING THE FIRST ONE TOO
BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS SO CUTE!~
PS: Thanks for not letting me get lost on saturday. LOL. <3 
And for not killing me for the BTS photo card (even though I got Jimin) c;