Fanboy Wars

Baek in a Box

 

Baekhyun rubbed his temples, his eyes pinched tightly shut in annoyance. His head throbbed, he couldn’t hear himself think. Everywhere around him, nine tiny people hurried about this way and that, eager to explore their new, temporary home. With every second that passed, nine new voices, high pitched and excited, carried on the air, disrupting Baekhyun’s thoughts and throwing him off.

The living room was messy. The blankets that were once draped neatly over the back of the couch had been tugged down onto the cushions, a sleeping Yixing curled up on the seat, his tiny arms wrapped tightly around the paw of … Was that Mister Byun?

Baekhyun’s eye twitched.

Yixing hadn’t done anything to warrant Baekhyun’s annoyance, though; he had barely spoken a word to him, in fact. Baekhyun exhaled loudly. Just this once, he would be willing to surrender his Mister Byun – Chanyeol’s Mister Byun – to keep the peace.

Deep breaths, Baekhyun. Deep breaths.

Exhaling loudly, Baekhyun sank to his feet. With all of this noise and ruckus, he wondered how Chanyeol would cope. After all, he seemed to struggle enough answering Baekhyun’s questions, how would he go answering the constant string of questions from nine others?

With the remote control next to him and the latest episode of My Little Pony turned up as loudly as possible so to try and drown out the shrill laughter of his new ‘friends’ (and to try not to wake Yixing), Baekhyun was torn between watching Pinkie Pie and her latest adventures and keeping an eye on his Mister Giant.

Kyungsoo had taken an immediate liking to Chanyeol, waddling along after him as quickly as possible, quizzing him about wonderful recipes that he had thought up whilst in the box on the way over.

Baekhyun surveyed Kyungsoo from across the room, his eyes narrowed and lips pressed together into a thin line. There was nothing too suspicious just yet; Kyungsoo must just like asking questions.

“Mister Giant would never replace me,” he murmured quietly. Yes. Of course. Baekhyun shook his head. That thought was absolutely ridiculous. Of course Chanyeol would never replace Baekhyun. Baekhyun was his. He came to live with Chanyeol for a reason, right? It was fate. Baekhyun was just too paranoid.

“Relax, Baekhyun,” came an unfamiliar voice and Baekhyun felt somebody take a seat on the carpet next to him. Shooting a curious glance in the direction of the new arrival, Baekhyun exhaled quietly. It was Jongin. Had Jongin heard him?

“R-relax?” Baekhyun asked, trying his best to play it cool. “What are you talking about?”

“He’s mine. Relax.”

“Who is?”

The corners of Jongin’s lips tugged upwards into a playful smirk and he nodded in Chanyeol’s direction.

“Who do you think?” he asked quietly, one eyebrow raised.

Baekhyun felt his heart sink. No, Chanyeol was his.

“You’re lying,” he said quietly, his tiny hands beginning to shake as the panic washed over him. “He’s mine! Mister Giant is mine!”

Jongin was silent for a long moment as he took in what Baekhyun had just said before he pinched his eyes shut tightly and threw his head back with laughter.

“No silly,” he managed to choke, clutching his sides as he laughed. “Kyungsoo is mine. You can have your Giant for all I care.”

Oh.

“I k-knew that.”

The two fell into silence, turning their attention back to the screen. Baekhyun fought hard to contain his relief. Sighing inwardly, he wrapped his cape around him tightly, snuggling against the soft fabric; whenever he did that, it was like he was in Chanyeol’s jacket pocket again, just has he had been so many times in the past.

Baekhyun found himself smiling at the thought. Jongin coughed quietly from next to him and the tips of Baekhyun’s ears turned pink. He had completely forgotten Jongin was sitting next to him. Baekhyun wouldn’t have thought Jongin was the type to watch My Little Pony.

And he was right.

“Can I have the remote, please?”

Baekhyun’s eyebrows raised in surprise. “But Pinkie Pie- “ he began. “Why?”

Jongin rolled his eyes as though his reason was the most obvious in the world. Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, he hesitated; Baekhyun had to be joking around, right?

Baekhyun continued to give him a blank stare, his head tilting to the side in confusion. Wrapping his cape tighter around him, he shook his head.

Or not.

“Taemin,” Jongin clarified with a nod of his head. “Taemin is going to be on the television in a few minutes!”

“Have you already seen this episode? Is Taemin a new pony?”

Jongin exhaled loudly. “No, Taemin is … He is the most amazing dancer! He’s just so talented. I can’t even begin to explain how much he has inspired me!”

So he wasn’t a new pony? Baekhyun snorted. “Pfft.”  

“Now quickly,” Jongin said, holding out both of his tiny hands. “Before we miss it, give me the remote!”

“But I’ll miss Pinkie Pie!” Baekhyun defended. He wasn’t going to give up that easily.

“Taemin is a real person, Baekhyun!”

“Pinkie Pie is real, too! She’s a part of the Cape Crew!”

“The what? Oh, forget it. Just give me the remote!”

“No!”

Baekhyun had to act fast. Scooting away from Jongin, he flopped on top of the remote. He wasn’t about to let Jongin change the channel.

“Taemin!”

No! Pinkie Pie!”

Jongin tried his hardest to reach the remote from under Baekhyun, who clung to it for dear life.

“Taemin! Taemin! Taemin!”

A familiar voice reached Baekhyun’s ears and he stopped struggling immediately, a thin shade of pink tinting his cheeks in embarrassment.

“What’s going on here?”

“M-mister Giant, I …”

“He won’t let me watch Taemin!” Jongin huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Chanyeol blinked, confused. Taemin? What was that? Is that some new pony that Baekhyun didn’t know about?

“Jongin wanted to change the channel while I was watching My Little Pony,” Baekhyun sniffed, getting to his feet. He refused to look at Chanyeol in the eye.

“It’s a dvd, is it not?” Chanyeol sighed, rubbing his temples. “You can watch it later. Let Jongin watch what he wants for a little while, okay?”

Baekhyun nodded sadly. Doing his best to ignore the satisfied grin on Jongin’s face, he made his way slowly across the lounge room, his head hung low.

“Baek…?” came a quiet voice, but Baekhyun kept walking. He heard them speed up, matching their pace with his.

“Baekhyun,” they called again gently, and this time, Baekhyun stopped. Yixing stood next to him, rubbing his eyes sleepily. “A-are you okay?” he asked airily, stifling a yawn.

“Did I wake you up?” Baekhyun asked. “I’m sorry, Yixing.”

“No,” Yixing replied, shaking his head; his messy bed hair fell in front of his eyes. “But you look sad. Are you?”

“No,” Baekhyun replied with a small sigh. “I’m not sad. Just … Disappointed in myself.”

“Oh.” Yixing paused, studying Baekhyun sleepily. “Would you like a hug, then? Hugs cheer me up when I feel upset.”

Baekhyun hesitated before offering Yixing a small smile.

“A hug … Would be nice. Thank you.” 

 

 

 

 

 

Too tired to think, but not tired enough to go to bed.
This update probably doesn't make any sense.

Silent Hill Nurse outfit is finished.
Procrastinating assignment. 
Obviously time to update Baek in a Box.
(What else - aside from WoW - can I do with my time?)

 

So I found out today that ChaOZ, the convention I'll be attending on 
Saturday, is having a fan fiction competition.
The theme is 'dramatic'. Angst is dramatic, right? c;
I'm kind of tempted to enter with Halcyon or something,
but at the same time, I'm too much of a chicken.
Oh well.


I tried my hardest to try and include as many ships as possible in this chapter.
And I'll eventually be making my way through the half billion requests. ;w;
Maybe I should make a list to keep up with it? >u<
Enjoy~ 

 


Please continue to support Baek in a Box!~
I wouldn't have made it this far without you.
<3