Tea and Cake

Beautiful

the

demons

are back and

stronger than ever

they are looking for a

fight. looking to win. and

this time, I might just let them.

 

                                        K.C.W

 

   ...

   ...

You watched as the water engulfed Jimin. He looked so graceful, so natural. As he swam, he created gentle ripples that splashed up against your toes. Jimin reached you at the edge of the pool and pulled himself up, reaching for a towel.

“Y/n, I still think it would be more fun if both of us got in.” Jimin looked at you pointedly as you shook your head. It was his idea to come to the pool and you had agreed to go. But you never said you would go in.

“Jimin I told you: me and water do not mix.” It’s true. Once, your uncle had taken you swimming with your cousins… let’s not elaborate on that. It was in the past.

He sighed and stood up, holding out his wet hand for you. You took it and hauled yourself up. As you walked alongside him, you couldn’t help but notice the beads of water rolling off his body. You also noticed how his abs were starting to become a bit more noticeable. You smiled to yourself as he walked in front of you to the male changing room and the sun shone directly onto his back, giving his presence an almost angelic look. Well, angel with dripping wet hair and trunks.

    …

Jimin locked the changing room door behind him and was immediately with his enemy.

A mirror.

He looked at his body in disgust. He was extremely conscience of his body, especially recently, and he had spent most of the day in the pool so as to hide it.

Maybe it was good that she didn’t come in; she would have the imperfectness of his body. Even walking beside her felt uncomfortable.

He faced away and began to dry off and change into his normal clothes. The day wasn’t over. Jimin had offered to buy cake and tea from the café.

Why? Of all things, why cake? Cake – one of the most fattening desserts ever.

A little slice wouldn’t hurt.

Or would it?

    …

20 minutes later, the two of them were sitting in the corner booth of the café waiting to order. They were laughing at how Jimin spilt salt all over the table and was now making funny pictures – ‘artwork’ as he called them.

The waitress came over and straight away she ordered.

“I’ll have the Victoria Sponge cake and a cup of tea please.” She gave the waitress a smile as he mulled over the menu one last time. 

“I’ll just have a tea. Thank you.” The waitress nodded and told him she would bring the order over in 10 minutes.

When she left, he was faced with a bombard of questions.

“Why didn’t you get cake? It was your suggestion to come for tea and cake.”

He shrugged and avoided her gaze.  “Isn’t it bad to eat after swimming?”

She scoffed and Jimin saw her rolling her eyes. “It’s bad to eat before swimming. Jimin, what’s wrong? Are you ok?”

And he also saw in her eyes what she was thinking. Relapse.

Jimin was quick to nod his head. “I’m fine y/n, just not really hungry at the moment.” He offered her a smile in the hope that she would believe him.

She her lips and nodded slowly. “Okay, I believe you.” She started to play with the salt again while waiting for the cake and teas.

“Jimin?”

He looked up and met her eyes. “Yeah y/n?”

“When’s your next practise?” Oh crap. He felt his heart speed up as he thought she might want to come. He contemplated telling her the wrong day, but what good would that do?

“Tonight. Its tonight.”

She nodded again and at that moment the order came, and she seemingly forgot the whole topic as she began to talk about school. Jimin listened and laughed with her.

But her voice started to become muffled. New voices were talking over her. Except they weren’t new ones. They were the same, always there, always listening, always waiting for the right moment.

There was never a right moment. And he could never block them out.

Tonight…