The First Mistake

Beautiful

Beep... Beep... Beep...

You were awake. Another failed attempt. This was becoming a habit. You knew what came next. A scolding from the doctor and having 'a closer eye' kept on you. 

And you knew how much that worked. 

You opened your eyes and was greeted with the familiar too white, too clean hospital ceiling. You sat up and found yourself connected to the machines making that annoying beeping noise. Lovely. 

That was when you noticed that you weren't alone; this wasn't your normal hospital room. 

It was a shared ward. You scoffed. You had been here so many times that the doctors don't even bother keeping you isolated anymore.

Opposite you was a pale, skinny girl. Too skinny. 

Next to her was a boy who was sleeping. There was nothing visibly wrong with him, but he wouldn't be here otherwise. Not all diseases and disorders are visible just by looking. You knew that - putting on a smile everyday while inside you were slowly deteriorating. 

Strangely, the bed next to you had the curtain pulled round it so you couldn't see who was inside. You tried to peek through, but all you saw was the white of the doctors coat. 

You laid back against the frame of the bed. Where were your parents? Had they learnt by now there was no point in making an effort? Do they know you will probably try this again? Is that why they're not here?

All these questions were swimming inside your head, questions you didn't know the answer too. Maybe they had given up on you. You didn't know if this was what you even wanted anymore. Just as you were about to go back to sleep and attempt to block out your numb thoughts, the curtains on the bed next to you were drawn back and a crowd of doctors dispersed, leaving behind a shirtless boy lying on his back. 

You looked over to the boy and was suddenly mesmerised by him. He had a pale complexion. It was like all the colour had been drained from his body. His chest was exposed and you could see faint abs, but somehow he looked weak. Maybe it was the several wires that were connected to him.

Suddenly in a trance, you got up and walked over to the mysterious boy, not caring when your own wires were ripped from you. You stood over the boy and you could see his face better. He was one of the most beautiful boys you had ever seen. But you could also see something else in his bloodshot eyes.

Pain. 

He reminded you of someone. Someone weak and fragile, someone who did their best to hide their insecurities. 

He reminded you of you

You took his hand, which was limp by his side, in your own. You felt a sudden shock at how cold he was.

"My name's y/n". Your own voice came out raspy, a whisper. You hadnt drunk or eaten anything since you took the pills. 

You didnt think the boy would answer you but his fingers tightened around yours. "Jimin. I'm Park Jimin." His own voice was barely audible, but you heard some kind of spark in it. 

That was your first mistake: the introduction.