Friendly Voices

Beautiful

'Sorry that I ruin everything

I don't do it on purpose'


Jimin woke up in a pile of his own sick. He hadn't intended for that to happen; it just had. His eyes flickered open and he tried to haul himself up.

Why did this feel so familiar?

He sighed as he got to his feet in the practise room's bathroom. He washed the sick from his face and then began the gruelling task of cleaning the floor. The events of last night were coming back to him and he couldn’t bear to think about it. But he knew, oh of course he knew, that something would happen today. Either with the members or, worse, with her.

His stomach rumbled. He ignored it.

He let himself out of the bathroom and was hit with rays of sunlight streaming in through the windows. He spotted his phone on the bench, just where he left it, the half-finished packet of crisps lying lonely next to it.

He went and picked up the phone, turning it on.


23 New Messages
9 Missed Calls


From her, no doubt. Jimin let her down. Again. He groaned, thinking about what would have happened if she had walked in on him in the bathroom. He knew she knew something was wrong, and for that reason, he wanted to avoid her, avoid seeing the disappointment in her eyes.

He was scared.
It was still early morning. No one would be in until later. Jimin had time to think, to plan... he pictured scenario after scenario, but all seemed to end badly. Which just proved his original thoughts: he was doomed. They were gonna put him back in the hospital or send him back to therapy or put him back on a million different pills that had no apparent effect.

All the things that he thought he had escaped. Before the friendly voices came back to haunt him.

She would hate him. He had ruined everything.

The thought made him feel sick to the stomach – not the usual kind of sick – but that feeling of regret, nervousness and worry all rolled into one.


Jimin opened the messages:             

Hey, you get lost or something?? :-)

Jiminn are you okk

No. I'm not.                                           
Yes you are. 

             
His eyes skimmed the other messages before his eyes became fixed on the last message she had sent, reading it over and over again:

Jimin, we need to talk tomorrow.

He knew what that meant…

.

Jimin remembered last night that she was talking to Namjoon… probably about him… now they want to talk again. He put the phone down, unable to hold it any longer because his hands had begun shaking.

Jimin began working himself up, fearful of what was to come.

“I’m not ill again. I’m fine. Nothing to worry about.”

He shouted the words out to the empty room and as they echoed back he sat on the bench, head in his hands. Jimin stared again at the messages on the phone. He pressed the lock button and the screen went black. He pressed the central button and it lit up again, this time revealing the picture of Jimin and y/n he had set as his background.

Don’t worry

We’ll tell you what to do

Trust us

Jimin looked up at his reflection in the mirror and, for the first time that day, he half-heartedly cracked a smile.

Maybe these voices weren’t such a bad thing after all.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Heyy to all the lovely people reading this :)

Thanks for all the support so far.. I just wanted to say sorry for being so TERRIBLE at updating regularly eek :S I will probably get more terrible because I have my important exams coming up and, unfortunately, writing fanfics is not on the exam /sigh/

Anyway, what do you guys want y/n to say/do to Jimin? Please leave a comment and continue to enjoy :D