I Need You

Beautiful

"Please understand that I was in pain. I never meant to ruin things.

I never meant to ruin us."



Jimin reached across and kissed her on her lips.

Some people may have called it a spur of the moment thing, others might have said it was a moment of complete and utter madness. But for Jimin, it was a way of expressing himself. Isn’t that what she wanted?

Oh, he had wanted to kiss her for a long while, and he hoped that it would be a reflection of both their feelings. Judging by her reaction, it most certainly was not.


“Jimin!” You pushed him away, got up and crossed the practise room, wiping your mouth. The nerve that boy has, kissing you in an attempt to change the subject!

But you promised you wouldn’t get angry. But then again, what exactly classes as angry?

You spun round and faced him again. You spoke, being careful to use a low, calm tone.

“Jimin, I want to help you. But I can’t help you if you don’t tell me what’s wrong.”

He looked up and met your eyes. And then you saw it. The look across his face which made you want to hold him in your arms and protect him from his demons, and tell him that everything would be okay.

It was a look of complete and utter pain.

It was only in that moment that you realised just how far he had gone, just how fragile he had become again. Suddenly you had forgiven him for the kiss and now your voice, face, body was filled with sympathy.

“Oh Jimin. You know me. Remember where we met? You know you can trust me; I will understand.”

And then he broke down, the tears ran down his face making it all shiny and wet. You went to him again and held him until he was ready to let it out. You didn’t even mind that your top was getting wet and snotty. Jimin was the priority. He had been the priority for a while.

“Y/n… I can’t… do it.” His breathing was jagged and the sound of his sobs were louder than his actual voice. And all of a sudden you were crying too.

What a pair.

“Everyday, the voices... The- I mean – how am I supposed to say this? Ohhh y/n please! I don’t want to go to rehab or counselling, you’re all I…” He paused and you his thin hair, willing him to go on. “I need you y/n.”

Jimin released himself from your grasp, and wiped his tears before turning to you. He saw your tears and he used his sleeve to wipe them. His hand cupped your face and he smiled, but it wasn’t your everyday I’m-so-happy smile, it was a smile filled with such sadness.

Jimin blinked and averted his eyes. You took his hand from your face and you held it in your lap.

“Jimin. I’m not gonna leave you. I promise. But – but I don’t think I can help you all alone. Please.” Your voice came out in a whisper, but you meant every word.

Jimin looked at you again, and slowly nodded his head, tightening his grip on your hand.

And then this time, you leant and kissed him, ever so softly. His lips were soft but you felt them tremble even though they were only attached for a couple of seconds. You pulled away, but only slightly so your noses were still touching.

Jimin, I think I love you.