The Beginning

Beautiful

Why? Why, of all people, why you? Did you really deserve to be endlessly bullied, constantly insecure about everything; all of this crap making you depressed, making you self harm, making you even comtemplate suicide.

Maybe one day you will be able to escape. Maybe today is that day. 

It was so bad today. You just couldn't take anything anymore. You rushed home crying and, as usual, ran straight to your room, your little place where you could cry to your hearts content, where nobody even tried to bother you.

It was your daily routine, it had been your daily routine for the past couple of years. Except it was getting worse. 

Today felt as though it was worse than ever before, your limit had finally been reached. What more could you do? Nothing. Everything results in death one way or another.

You had already stocked up on the pills. You hid them under your bed next to your little knife. It might've been little but it was definitely lethal enough for its job. That little knife carried much of your past. Perhaps too much. 

Still in floods of tears, you slowly opened the packet of pills. They were sleeping pills, ones which you knew would do the job. And how did you know? Well, this wasn't your first time in this situation.

This time it was different. This time you were gonna do it for sure.  

And just who would miss you exactly? 

Not your parents; mum was a cow who didn't give a toss about you, and dad... well he was an idiot even when he was sober, which wasn't often. Other times he was just a drunk idiot. Certainly your 'friends' wouldn't miss you. It was your 'friends' who contributed to getting you to this point in the first place. In short; no one would probably even notice you were gone.

That was fine by you.

The pills were supposed to slow down your bodily functions until they reached a complete stop. And they were supposed to do it painlessly. 

You fumbled with the packets again and found some water. How many would it take to overdose? Honestly, you didn't know. All you knew was that you needed a lot. And then it'll all be over.

You took the pills without even a second's hesitation.   

That should've been the end of everything, all your pain, all your suffering. 

But no. This was just the beginning of your story.