Salt and Vinegar

Beautiful

They all crowded around her. Jimin didn’t get to say a proper hello but he supposed it didn’t matter that much. He left the members to introduce themselves and decided to practise by himself. He could greet her later.

He just hoped that the members didn’t scare her off. He could hear the excitement in their loud voices and tried to drown them out.

They weren’t the only voices he wanted to drown out.

He saw the members start to disband from their little circle around y/n.

Beautiful y/n.  

Y/n who was getting better.

Leaving you behind.

Jimin did some fancy footwork and did a spin on the spot. His body was back facing the original direction but his head had snapped around looking at y/n.

Namjoon was standing with her, having a rather hush looking conversation with her.

Of course, all the members knew about Jimin and his ‘habits’. They had all been extremely careful around him, trying to ‘help’ him. They even suggested that Jimin go to an eating clinic but what good would that do?

In Jimins’ mind, all he needed was y/n.

Are you sure that’s all you need…?

Jimin looked towards the bathroom and suddenly felt sick.

                …

“Y/n, we know that you’ve been helping Jimin get better after, you know, the incident.”

You found yourself wondering how much they really knew. You wondered if Jimin had told them as much as he told you.

“We want to help him, but he won’t let us.” Namjoon spoke with a hushed tone. “Whenever we go out for a meal or order in, he always eats the least. And he is the one who always stays latest here.”

You froze. Maybe your earlier suspicions were true.

“We went out earlier to a café, he had a cup of tea, that’s it.”

Namjoon inhaled sharply. “That’s what I’m worried about. I suggested he should go to an eating clinic and get professional help but he just laughs it off. And he has stopped going to therapy.”

You remembered that straight after the ‘incident,’ as Namjoon had put it, you were both put in to therapy sessions. But because of extremely good progress, you both were sighed off after a month.

You nodded. “I’ll keep an eye on him.”

For someone who had helped you so much on your path to recovery, you hated to think that you may not be having the same effect on Jimin. You wanted to help him.

You wanted to save him.

Namjoon nodded his thanks and then called the members attention.

“Guys, we have kept y/n waiting long enough, let’s show her what we can do!”

The guys cheered and Namjoon told you to sit comfortably. You chose our spot on a bench and watched as they got in position for the first song. Your eyes were attached to Jimin as he silently crouched in his position.

                …

They ran through four of their dances which were perfect and now they were working out some new moves for a new song.

You were impressed with the dances and the songs because they were so energetic. And it was especially nice to see Jimin dancing and looking so comfortable. He was really good.

You made a mental note to make him teach you some of those moves. You noticed that he had wandered away from the group and was in his corner facing the mirror.

You opened your bag and pulled out a bag of Salt and Vinegar crisps before getting up and walking over to him for the first time that evening.

“Heyy.” He turned around and met your eyes.

“Hey y/n. Did you like the practises?”

You smiled. “Wasn’t it obvious?”

He laughed slightly. At one point you had started cheering and attempted to copy one of the moves, failing miserably. You noticed his eyes had fallen on the bag of crisps in your hand.

You opened the packet and held them out. “Have the packet, you must need the energy.”

He met your eyes again and you for a second you saw a flash of something you couldn’t quite place. But it was gone in a second.

“Yeah, thanks y/n.”

He took the bag and he popped a crisp in his mouth. You smiled and he smiled back.

Like nothing was wrong.

“Y/n! We’ve finished our practise, do you want to come out with us?”

You turned and nodded at the boys who were delighted.

“I really like your members.”

“Yeah, they’re cool guys.”

Hoseok called you and left the door open as the boys filed out.

You turned back to Jimin. “Are you coming?”

Jimin looked down at the crisps. “Yeah, you guys go, I just need to pee quickly.”

You looked at him and tilted your head at him, suspicious.

“Jimin, are you okay?”

He nodded as he ate another crisp. “I just need to pee, I’ll catch up.”

You weren’t convinced.

But what could you do?

It was too early to accuse him. You nodded and started walking out. You reached the door and turned around, only to see the bathroom door closing.

The packet of crisps was left on the bench.