Chapter 7

Social butterfly hates me

"Eunhyuk! Where have you been?" 

I turn my head and see Sungmin rushing to my side.

"You said you would help me with my English homework before classes start! Did you forget?"

. My head was so wrapped up about that "situation" that I totally forgot to help Sungmin with his homework. He has been struggling with that since Monday. It's due today.

"I'm sorry, I had to..... think?" Great Eunhyuk, way to sound convincing.
"Think about what?," questioned Sungmin.
"...Nothing. How about I help you at lunchtime? I swear."
"Okay... But don't let me down. I honestly don't know half of these words."
"Don't worry Minnie! You have Hyuk by your side!" I said confidently.

He smiled. I love when he smiles. I don't even know why. It reassures me and makes me feel like I am doing something right.

"So, did you hear about Donghae and Jessica? They're an item!"

Ugh, he is the last name I want to hear. After that whole thing that happened today and yesterday, he is a horrible human being. How could he do that to me! I feel bad for Jessica....... But wait, what if he is just doing that to me???? It doesn't matter. The only thing I could do, the right thing I should do, is ignore him and not care about the looks he gives me or the few incidents that happened. 

"Eunhyuk?"

Yes.....that's what I should do......

"Eunhyuk!"
"Yes!"
"Did you hear what I said?"
"Y-yeah of course I did. Psh. Yeah definitely!"
"So?" 
"What?"

Sungmin glared at me. Uh oh. What did I do? Sighing, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Dude, are you okay?"
"Yeah, why?" I questioned.
"You've just been, spacing out lately...... And, I'm worried you may be down in the dumps or..?" 
"I'm fine Sungmin. There's just, a lot on my mind, that's all."
"Fine! Be that way." Sungmin stated.

It seems like something is bothering him more than something is bothering me. He walks off on his own.

"Hey." I say grabbing his arms. He turns around and faces me.
"Look, It's just that I don't want to talk about superficial people and their love lives, that's all. It makes me sad that all you people care about is gossip and stuff. It's not for me..........." I said truthfully.

Sungmin's usually radiate eyes looked at me and was replaced with ice. I've never seen it in this state before.

"What do you mean by 'you people'?" He said.

Really? Is that all he got out of my sentence? I said some great things like superficial people and it's not for me.

" I just mean that you people only care about people who has it all and there looks and stuff, never their personality and what good things they have done. Just fanboys and fangirls. Ugh. It makes me sick."

"Well....it's nice to finally know what you think about me..." He says.

"What?" I'm confused. Did I say something to offend him?

"I obviously like talking about what goes on around the school. You said it is sick and sad that people care about gossip and stuff. I quite enjoy it, it makes school a little bit more enjoyable. I'm sorry I'm not interested in the periodic table, I don't like sports, and I don't have much time for clubs because guess what, mom and dad only wants me to get A's while I'm scraping around to get B's!  And I want to know who's dating who because hey, I don't have anything I like in school except that. It's nice to know that atleast someone found love instead of me because I don't know if the ing person I likes, likes me back because all I SHOULD DO is care about school and get A's and have no ing social life!!! you!" 

And just like that, Sungmin left to Korean History, without me.

"Sungmin wait! I didn't mean it like that!"

He kept walking down the hall, his hands rolled into fists, swaying side to side.

I shouted, "Come on! I have been having a terrible week. Cut me some slack!"

"Middle finger in the air !" Sungmin yelled. He than walked further away, until he was out of my eyesight.

Oh great. My best friend hates me right now. What could be worst.

"Lee Donghae, Lee Donghae! Hwaiting, Hwaiting! Lee Donghae, Lee Donghae! Hwaiting Hwaiting! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Lee Donghae!"

Forget it, that could be worst. 

His minions cheered him on, like always. As he walked up to Jessica, he kissed her in the lips like some sort of greeting. Some minions squealed, some minions booed.

"Why can't Donghae be with me!" Minion number one exclaimed.
"I can't even be mad at her, she's beautiful!" Minion number deux squealed.
"Aw, so cute! The most cutest couple ever! Minion number tres yelled.

God. Where am I, Ouran high school host club. Damn, we are not even in ing Japan! These es need to shut up!

I opened my locker, got my books, pushed it closed and slam my head to the locker. It's not even after English and I'm doing this. Goddamn minions!

It seems like my headbanging caused an audience, and the squealing minion muted, while Jessica and Donghae looked at me confused. Jessica comes next to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay? Is something bothering you?" She says.

She is the ice princess but she is still very nice. I look into her eyes and whisper in her ear...
"Run! He is the devil..."

She looks at me with panic in her eyes, probably wishing she never came to me. I did sound kind of crazy. Everybody was there, looking at me because I basically stopped their little 'show'. I sorted myself out, fixed my tie, and walked into my classroom like a boss.

And that ladies and gentleman, is how you leave an awkward situation like a pro.