Chapter 13

Social butterfly hates me
(Donghae's POV)
 
-Flashback-
 
"Life is only so long. I can't tell you how to live it. You can live it the way you want to. It is your life isn't it? But the path you take deterimes how much problems you will have in your life, if your not born with it already. You could have no troubles at all or all the troubles in the universe. But, a human can't carry all that burden. Although, It happens to the best of us I guess. When we stick it out and overcome it, the aftermath is heaven on earth. When we let it eat us up inside, life as we know it turns black. You can't see it because it's over. All the people around you can't see life either, they are affected as well. But in a diseased mind, others well being is what's being thought of, freedom is all that is dreamed of, to reunite with happiness..."
 
"Appa (Dad)... What does that mean?" 
 
"It means that the human population is challenged everyday by little aspects of events that can make or break a person. We are all human, aren't we? Well, some of shine brighter than others, and the rest fade into non-existence. It's up to you to control life, control it in your favor, or the cards will always be played against you. You need everything in this world to fall in your favor."
 
I looked up at him with a confused faced.
 
Non existence?
 
Control life?
 
How can you control life?
 
I saw his face full of passion when he spilled his testimony. You can tell what he was saying was from his heart. You can also feel the warmth from his heart heat up a cold, sullen room. When I saw this, it seemed as though I knew exactly what he was saying, I understood everything.
 
I saw that hearty smile he put on his face after he finished speaking, and it made me smile. He has that affect on people...
 
"I promise Appa, I will always make the the world fall in my favor. I will control my life!" I said, cheerfully.
 
"Ahh... That's my boy" He said, ruffling my hair.
 
-Flashback End-
 
...Those were the days....
When he made people smile subconsciously for saying words of wisdom. He has that affect on people....at least, had...
 
"Hey babe" Jessica said, kissing my cheek, than sitting down on top of my desk. "What are you doing, hun?"
 
"Just, homework," I said. More like reminiscing, however......
 
"Homework hmmmm... For what subject?" She questioned.
 
"Calculus.."
 
"Aigoo, that's so hard!" She gasped. "But I know that you'll figure everything out!! You seem to know everything, like your father!"
 
"....Yea...thanks.." I said.
 
"Hey, how is your father? I haven't seen him since like the 5th grade??"
 
"It's not important..." I sighed.
 
"Really??? I think it's pretty impor-"
 
"It's not important." I said sternly.
 
"O-okay...." Jessica sighed, probably expecting a little more of a response. She started fixing her makeup, and in the corner of my eye, I can see her looking at me with a questioning brow.
 
She than stopped doing her makeup, seeing as she was pleased that she didn't have to fix up too much. She sighed again, and again, and again, until I raised a brow and looked at her. She placed her face 3 inches apart from mine, and starred into my eyes, in search of answers.
 
"Donghae-shi, are you okay?" Jessica questioned, again...
 
"Yeah... Why do you ask?" 
 
(Sigh) "Nothing....." 
 
Ugh.... Girl, speak....
 
What she really means by 'nothing' is 'tell me what's on your mind, I want to know!! I feel more connected  to you and more important in your life if you tell me in a detailed answer what's going on!!'
 
"Jessica, I'm fine. I've just had stuff on my mind," I said.
 
Her eyes sparkled. That's what she wanted to hear, a wordy response..... 
 
"I'm glad. I'm going to go get something to eat, I'll get you a soft drink and ddeokboki !!" She said cheerfully.
 
"Mmhm," I nodded, practically shooing her away. She was being too happy and bubbly for her own good. She probably needed a ing break...
 
Jessica pranced away, gathering her friends, Tiffany and Taeyeon, and headed towards the cafeteria.
 
As she exited the classroom, I saw that her smile, turned into a stern line. Her whole demeanor changed. She went from bubbly and sweet, to calm and cold.
 
When she likes someone, as I have noticed, she tries to be as sweet and cheerful to them as possible. But in reality, she's a pretty cold person. She is nice, but she shuts people out, and only wants people to see the perfect her, when in fact, she's the exact opposite. I always pull her true self out in the end, however.
 
 I am the puppet master, I line the puppets to my accord. I have all the cards in my favor. I control life itself.
 
I diverted my attention back to the subject at hand:
 
 tex2html_wrap_inline123 .
 
"What...??" I sighed.
 
I'm not in the mood for this.....
 
"I'll do it later..." I finalized. I closed my Calculus textbook and put in my school bag. I turned around to talk to Seungri. I remember giving him my class notes for Chemistry, since he was abscent the other day.
 
"How long do you need the notebo-"
 
"Zzzzzzzzz"
 
Oh, he's sleeping...... Oh well, I'll let him keep my notes until tomorrow, I don't need to review any Chemistry notes today.
 
While turning back to my original position, I see a person looking at me persistently in the corner of my eye. Just peeking at me through a Céci Magazine. 
 
About 2 minutes pass, and I can still see the person looking at me oggoling at me, eyes piercing the back of my neck. I turn to the culprit but the person puts the magazine up to cover his/her face. They probably believe I didn't see them. 
 
The first thing that pops in my head is that this person can't be a fangirl. Fangirls are blatanly obvious about why they are looking at me, screaming if I look back at them, or twirling their hair between their fingers. It's their thing. This person doesn't want me to see them at all, trying really hard with this get up going on.
 
I mind my own business and turn back to the front of the classroom. I still feel a pair of burning eyes on my back again, and usually I would ignore it by now, but I feel like playing their little game.
 
I look back, and the magazine goes up again. I look back a second time, the magazine goes up a second later. We do this for another three or so times until the person leaves the magazine up when I look back the sixfth time. 
 
Interesting.....
 
I get up, walk towards the person, and snatch the magazine as fast as possible out if their quaking hands.
 
"Agh!!" The person says, looking frazzled and discombobulated. 
 
This boy doesn't look familiar to me whatsoever........ I think, analyzing him up and down.
 
"Sorry for shocking you, but I saw that you were staring at me for a while now. Do I know you.....?" I questioned.
 
The person sighed (of relief), adjusting his glasses and collar (which doesn't need any adjusting at all). His face was literally painted with red and his eyes were blinking ferociously. These are all signs he's preparing himself for something or he has a something to hide.
 
When he finished adjusting himself and took several deep breathes (it seems comical, as if it's fake, and he's trying to put on a show), he diverts back to his natural composure and his skin color turns back to normal, a darker beige, almost tan, but not. It's quite unique. Darker than the skin tone of an average Korean, but still very light.
 
"I didn't think you would notice me..." He smiled, avoiding eye contact with me.
 
"Notice... you...?" I said.
 
The boy turns his direction to me, finally making eyes contact with me, and smirks.
 
"Hmmm, no reaction. Usually people are more..... expressive with this facial expression," He laughed, pointing to his face.
 
Who's mans is this????? What the is he taking about????
 
His smirk was abnormally deviant, like he was impersonating the devil and what his expression would be like when he knew you were going to hell on the Last Judgement, and he had another soul to torture.
 
To the untrained eye, people would have a more expressive face: scared, freaked out, aroused (these girls love when you smirk and than rub your lips... I don't know why, but, that's a thing..) etc., but to me,this doesn't faze me.... 
 
"Ahh! Of course it doesn't get to the almighty Donghae. Your the heartthrob of the school and the master of smirks!!" He exclaimed.
 
"........okay........why are you here??? You look like a newly admitted student. Shouldn't you be in a classroom a floor below this one??" I questioned.
 
"Wow, you seem to know everything don't you..."
 
"Or maybe I'm observant..." I said.
 
"Maybe. But, it seems as though you have all the good cards in your deck, and l they are all lined up." He said, smirking.
 
I was starting to get annoyed by this kid. He's trying to much, I can tell, "You didn't answer my original question. Who are you and why were you looking at me from all over there?" I said, pointing to the desk right in front of Seungri, who is snoring up a storm, might I add.
 
"Ah, what am I talking about?? I have but a clue.... Maybe the note will help me." He said, putting his hand out, palms up, and waving them in and out to receive something.
 
My eyes furrowed. What note is this boy talking about? 
 
"Your name is...?" I questioned.
 
"It doesn't matter. All that matters is you, Donghae. But I think we both know about that note."
 
"The note....?"
 
"The note."
 
He got out of his seat (or at least the seat he was sitting in, because the owner of the desk is Kwon Yuri) and put his hands on my shoulder, leaning close, his lips near my ear.
 
"You have your cards lined up don't you? Maybe someone is helping you give you some of the information you know. That note didn't come from God now did it?" He whispered.
 
The realization hit me and I looked at him with a stern expression.
 
"So, you knew where Sungmin was? Why did you give me the note...." I whispered back, like they're was a lot of people in the room, when in reality, it was this kid and I, and a sleeping body across the room.
 
"It was cute how you were below this kid in your grade. What's his name... Eunchuk? Eunhye? Oh right... Eunhyuk!" He exclaimed.
 
"Lower your damn voice!" I whispered, quite loudly . "Who the is Eunhyuk... Who the are you? What the are you talking about? How the did you know that Sungmin was in the library? Why did you tell me of all people!! This has nothing to do with me... And why are you saying unrelated ? Why the am I asking all these questions? I hate ing questions..." 
 
"Haha, Your so amusing Donghae. You have all the cards lined up for you, and I'm your dealer. You should thank me." He laughed. 
 
All the cards lined up bull crap. Kid needs to come up with a better ing phrase. He's sounding like a broken record. Oddly however, it sounds like something... like something my dad would say.....
 
"How do I know? That's not important. But you do owe me. May-"
 
"Zzzzzzzzzzz" snores Seungri.
 
We shoot eyes full of daggers at him. Of course he isn't aware of them, or the fact that he interrupted the conversation (an uneccessary conversation that could've ended quickly if this kid would stop bullting), because he's sleeping, but damn, Seungri needs a mouth guard. Sounds like a good Christmas gift.
 
The kid turns back to me saying, "MAYBE -before i got rudely interruped-, we could, you know, get together later, and you could teach me a few things. Maybe I'll be on top of YOU, giving you pleasure." He says, lustfully.
 
"Kid, your like twelve."
 
"I'm only a few years younger than you, and age is nothing but a number." He says, his lips.  "Plus, I know everything that's going on in this school, everyone in this school, and EVERYTHING about you. I would never blackmail you, but, somethings come with a price. It would be a shame if-"
 
"Now your amusing." I said, looking straight in his eyes, while his eyes are still lustfully locked on my neck. "Say what you want, I don't give a crap. I don't have anything to hide, because nothing happened." I smirked. 
 
"You look delicious when you smirk. However, I can work past this. I have my ways.." He whispers. "Your the most interesting person in this school Donghae..... It would be my honor to present you the world and control life itself." He said, looking at my neck, and leaning in to kiss it.
 
"Ahh, not even a flinch... One day, Donghae.... One day..."
 
He walks off out the door laughing, as if he just witnessed the funniest thing in the world. But the laugh had an ugly twist of something in it. It was sort of..... demented....
 
I slumped down into the chair he was sitting on, looking around the room, trying to grasp what just happened, and if it happened or not. I released a sigh I had no idea I was holding on to, and that lifted unsuspected weight off my shoulders.
 
This kid is weird. He was practically quoting my father, he claims to know everything about me, and wants to be "dealer." How did he know all of this stuff he was splurging out, and how come he thinks he can come and challenge me and say superfluous points...
 
The boy makes me feel uneasy, and he confusing me. I am never confused, and that angers me. The kid himself angers me, but he hasn't gotten to me. He isn't that noteworthy, not in the slightest.
 
I look down to see a little slip of paper on top of the desk. I swear I didn't see this before, it wasn't there a second ago. I look around the room again, reassuring myself that Seungri and I were the only people in the room, and no one could've slip this note right this second in front of me. As i confirm this, I stare at the paper for a second, thinking if I should read it, and if I do, it would only get me into deeper with this kid, which I do not want. I finally make up mind,  pick up the paper, flip it over, and read.....
 
Kai