Chapter 2

Social butterfly hates me

It was math class, the last class I had for the day. Usually I would be in a terrible mood to go to math class because math isn't really my brightest point, history is, but since I am on a mission today, I am in the best mood ever. Today, of all the days in the year, I will find out. I will find out the undying question, "Why?" Why does he glare at me like I'm the worst thing in the world? Why does he smirk at me like he saw his enemy at the bar? Why does he look at me and only me differently? I have some keen observation skills (which makes me excellent at science) so I don't skip a beat when it comes to human facial expressions. Haha, skip beat, get it? Skip beat, the manga and anime show? No? Skip b- ah just forget it.

I designed the seat order to my liking so that Donghae will at least see me and have no choice but to talk to me. Today, Ms. Lim will be doing groups because we are learning a new lesson and she always start lessons off with group work, that's just her style. The way she does it is that she gets two people from one row and two people from the other row directly in front of you. So, me and Sungmin are sitting in the very back and Donghae and some other person will sit directly in front of us because those are the only seats left. Also two people are missing from the class (Donghae and Suzy) so they will be forced to sit there.. Plus they won't hate the seats because they usually sit in the back anyway. You see I have this plan all planned out. Except I have to tell Sungmin why we are sitting all the way back here because we usually sit in the middle or the front and he's giving me that questioning look. I can't fall into his clasp because he will then find out my plan and he will think of something totally wrong so I'll wait until he asks me that question he's dying to ask me and I will answer calmly and casually.

"Hey Eunhyuk?" 
"Yes."
"Why are we sitting all the way in the back? You know that I like sitting close to the front."
Bingo.
"Well Sungmin, it's pretty cold today and the back is usually the warmest, so I thought why not sit in the back especially when I forgot my sweater (on purpose to execute my plan  flawlessly) so I won't get sick. You know I get sick pretty easily."
"That's because your so skinny! You need to eat more!" Sungmin exclaims.
He doesn't question me any further and we talked about the homework that we had to do during spring break. Sungmin didn't finish two of the problems so I gave him my notebook so he could finish it. Do your homework folks, araso?
Besides that my plan is coming together quite nicely. Pat on the back Eunhyuk!

"Lee Donghae, Lee Donghae! Hwaiting, Hwaiting! Lee Donghae, Lee Donghae! Hwaiting Hwaiting! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Lee Donghae!"
That chant is getting old. I know they chant that everywhere but at least come up with something fresh. But, I don't think anyone will stop this chant. Even Ms. Lim, the strictest teacher in this school, was humming to this chant. Is she one of his minions too!?
"So, Lee Donghae, it's nice of you to join our class." Ms. Lim states sternly but I could see the blush creeping on her skin.
"Of course I would join your class Ms. Lim, I love math and your my favorite teacher. Here I bought you flowers." Donghae said holding a bouquet of peonies to hand to Ms. Lim. 
"Donghae, you shouldn't have." Ms. Lim responded while grasping the flowers rather hesitantly.
"Anything for my favorite seongsanim." Donghae smiled.
How sweet.... Ugh...
"Well, grab a seat, I want you to be fully alert in my class Lee Donghae, my favorite student." Ms. Lim says bash fully.
"Of course Ms. Lim." Donghae smiles.
While Ms.Lim tries to find a vase for her flowers, Donghae found his seat in front of us. Finally. My plan is coming into action.
Sungmin was very happy about it and I could tell by his face suddenly brightening up.
I whispered to him "Are you one of his fans too?"
"Of course not!" He objected, "I just think he's very sweet and cool. Is that a problem?"
"...Not really..."
"Then don't ask about it. You know I like someone else...."
"But, you never told me who that person is and-"
"CAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO OKAY! WHO ARE YOU MY MOTHER!" Sungmin yelled.
Everyone in the classroom looked back and Ms. Lim gave him a 'Why are you so loud, hush up' face.
"Sorry....." He said.
Donghae laughed at his little outburst.
"Your pretty funny Sungmin." Donghae snickered.
"Thanks?" Sungmin said in shock.
"Your welcome."

Sungmin blushed and looked at me.
"He said I'm funny. Donghae who never really talked to me said I'm funny!" Sungmin smiled.
I faked smiled back at him and said under my breath "Yeah, you are definitely not a fanboy.." but he heard and hit me on my arm.
"Ow!"
"Your welcome." Sungmin smiled.
Geez, is everyone in love with Donghae (except me, of course.)!
Suzy finally entered the class, grabbed a seat next to Donghae, and class was ready to start. I like Suzy. I mean we don't talk much but she's very funny, cool, and a great singer and actor. Plus she's really pretty. I mean all the boys fawn over her and I think her and Donghae would make a great team for attracting people. I also like her because she doesn't really care to much about anything. She's awesome and that's why I picked her to be in my group (well not really, it kind of just happened).But she is always late which makes me skittish but not on purpose. She has a lot of things to do. I wonder how she gets her grades with barely coming to class on time.
"Okay class, we are doing group lessons so you know the deal. Turn the desks around," Ms. Lim says.