Chapter 12

Social butterfly hates me

(To get the full affect, I reccomend you listen to Zion-T's Yanghwa BRDG on YouTube, since it has English subtitles. Enjoy!)

(Eunhyuk POV)

Sunday.

A day to reflect on all of my short comings.

First on my agenda, Sungmin. Our relationship is still in the healing phases but we are almost back on the level of comradery we were at before the incident. Soon, I will tell him more about what has been happening in my life... Which brings me to the second thing on my agenda (which secretly is first, in my heart at least), Donghae.

I don't know what to do with what is going on. He doesn't like me, but he touches me, and kisses me with such passion, and I the same. I don't like him, but, I love the feeling of his lips on mine. The feeling I got when I was on top of him was sensational. I felt in control, I felt like I had all the cards in my deck. Also, when my hands were sliding down his waist and I heard him squeal I-AHHHH!!!!!

Eunhyuk, wake the UP and SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!

Anyhow... I should talk to him. To first find out why he told me where Sungmin was hiding, and how he knew where he was in the first place. Than, to know what 'this', as in what is going on between us, means, if it even means anything at all. And finally... progressively, get the answers I am dying to know. 

Why did he ignore me for so long? Why does it seem like he hates my guts, but have lust for me at the same time? Why does he treat me differently compared to others? What happened in the classroom? What happened on the rooftop? What happened in the bathroom? And, What did he mean by he will NEVER treat me like how he treats others, or how he treats Jessica?

The thing is, I can't ask him all those questions. He'll find away to ignore them, and I can't afford for him to do that again. He is so bipolar in a sense that one second he wants to kiss me and the next he'll tells me to get out of his way.

I'm afraid that, I'll never get the answers I'm searching for, and I'll fall in a black whole that he set up himself....

I hear my door open, and see my moms head pop up.

"Good Morning umma (mom)," I say, smiling at how tired she looks, a cup of coffee in her hand and her favorite pink robe on.

"Mhmm... Good Morning..," she says, a yawn approaching afterwards. "Can you get umma some milk, eggs, that big tub of kimchi, and hotcake powder from the supermarket?"

"Ahh, but Umma, it's so far..," I started.

 "No 'Ahh, Umma' me! I'm too tired to go outside... It's too early to be complaining Hyukjae-ah...."

"But it's 12:54pm...."

"Just go outside and get the stuff I need...." She muttered. My mom handed me the money and waddled away in her cozy cacoon down the stairs.

"... Didn't even close the door.." I groaned.

I got up from my bed and started putting on my jacket. It has been extremely cold recently, which is a shock, considering it was all around warm this month. 

I trotted down the stairs towards the door, eventually going outside. Then, I started walking the horrid ten block journey to my mom's favorite supermarket, the one with the "extremely low prices", when in reality, the store right next door has the same prices.
 
I pop in my headphones and search my music list for something to listen to. I've been obsessed with 'Yanghwa BRDG by Zion-T'. It's all I've been listening to. Maybe it's because it's a song I can relate to.

 My dad always worked late, even now, and I never really got to see him much. I always stayed home alone, waiting for him to arrive, but I only stayed up long enough to see my mom walk in with groceries. As I grew up, I stopped waiting for him, because I know when I wake up, I'll see him. But soon enough, as I am getting older, I will be taking care of him and my mother. Instead of me looking up to him, he will look up to me, and wait for me to return home and visit him.

I want my mom and dad to be happy, and never get sick because I don't know what I would do if they were. It's just something I would hate to see, especially for my dad. He is such a strong individual, so to see him sick... That's something I could never imagine. I guess that's me being selfish....

"♫ Mom, let’s be happy
Don’t be sick, don’t be sick
Let’s be happy, let’s be happy
Don’t be sick
Alright.. Alright....♫"

"♫ Back then, when I was young
I didn’t know anything
The feeling of walking across that bridge...♫"

I stopped in my tracks. My eyes widened and cheeks grew flush.

".... Uh....." My breathe hitched, as I was surprised to see what was in front of me, looking at me, in my neighborhood. In my territory.

"C'mon.... Don't leave me hanging.." Donghae said, tauntingly.

I shook my head, looking down to cover up my flushed cheeks, burying it in my thick scarf. Still in shock, I continued, shyly.

"♫Whenever I asked him.... where he was....
M-m-y dad would always be at
Yang Hwa Bridge, Yang Hwa Bridge...♫"

"♫ I'm standing there right now.. ♫" He sang, signaling me to sing in unison the next lines.

"♫♫Let’s be happy
Let’s be happy
Don’t be sick, don’t be sick
Let’s be happy, let’s be happy
Don’t be sick

Let’s be happy
Let’s be happy
Don’t be sick, don’t be sick
Let’s be happy, let’s be happy
Don’t be sick
Alright... Alright....♫♫"

When we finished our little duet,  I smiled to myself. I never thought I would hear Donghae sing. I didn't even know he could sing, at least, not like that. It was very heartfelt, opposite to his character.

"You have a really nice voice," I said.

"I wish I could say the same for you.." He said, coldly.

What is that suppose to mean?

I looked up at him with a brooding expression, while he had his usual smirk.

"Do you always have to be an about everything? I was just giving you a compliment.." I said. 

Through self analyzation, I noticed being spontaneous isn't the way to go sometimes, especially with Donghae. So now, I think more about the words that come out my mouth and the action I do. However, there are things you have to say to keep someone like Donghae in his place (yeah Eunhyuk, you're doing such a good job with that..). But,I don't know if what I said was the correct response... It probably wasn't. Oh well, pimp squad, holding it down.

"What business do you have singing a song like that??" He questioned.

"Here you go ignoring my question again....," I sighed.

"What if I told you I don't ignore your questions, I just answer them in a different way?" He said.

What???

"Your smart right, you'll figure out what I mean, won't you sweetheart?" Donghae said, teasingly.

"If that's the case, than you'll figure out my 'business' of why I am singing such a song," I chimed.

If he wants to play games, I can play games. Yeah, I'll wipe the floor with this dude.

"Than so be it," he laughed, and started walking off in the direction I just came from. I was going to stop him, but realized it's not a good idea. It's not the right time to talk to him about anything, and I have to be rational. I can't stop him, or than he'll think he's the only thing I think about and I am dying to know stuff about him, which I'm not.

While he passed by me, a note dropped from his pocket to the ground. I picked it up and saw on the front it said 'Donghae'. It was crumpled up to bits, and some of the ink was fading away,

"Dong-" I stopped myself from saying anything else. I guess he didn't hear me, because he continued walking up the hill. Thank goodness.

I just said I can't stop him, why would I call for him? Also.... It wouldn't hurt for me to look at the note. I mean, he did say he answers questions in a 'different way'.

This is my clue! The gods have finally answered my prayers!!!

I kissed the note numerous times knowing that what's inside might be very important. Or... It could just be a note saying 'let's go out for lunch' or something. That would be a bummer.

I started walking again towards the supermarket and unraveled the note. Damn, this is crumpled like a motherer!

It was smaller than I thought it would be, meaning that it's a short letter, and it probably wouldn't contain much information. But, who ever wrote it has pretty hand writing.

5th floor library, Self help section

"5th floor library, Self help section.." I read.

5th floor library, Self help section? Wait.....

 That's where Sungmin was hiding!

Whoever wrote this knew where Sungmin was! And that's how Donghae knew where to find him!

But, it doesnt make sense... Why did Donghae have to know, and why did this person write this note to him in the first place? How did this person even know this anyway, and who is it? 

All I know is, it's someone with beautiful hand writing, who writes in red ink, has really cheap paper (because this is 99 cent store quality), and must know the school inside out in order to find out where one person is in a school that's 8 stories tall....

But, those aren't physical attributes... Those are just mere details.... This isn't enough information.

This person, could literally be....  anyone.......