Chapter 14

Social butterfly hates me

(Sorry for the lack of updates, I was busy with school. Anyhow, enjoy this chapter update!)

(Eunhyuk POV)

"Uh... I'm so tired," I complained, laying my head on the desk and wrapping my arms around it, only being able to see darkness.

"Aren't we all," signaled Kyuhyun, pulling out a chair to sit next to me.

"When will it all end!" I groaned. The midterms has started about two days ago, and although we are on our third test, we still have four more to complete. I feel as if we have been testing nonstop. I've been studying all the time for the past two weeks, reviewing my review sheets and textbooks. If I'm not in school reviewing, I'm at home studying, and even on Sundays, instead of relaxing on my one day off, I study even more.

"I know..." Kyuhyun chimed. 

I lifted my head to look at him. Although he's trying to empathize with me, he doesn't look tired or stressed at all. At least not about testing..

"So.. Have you spoke to-" 

"No..." Kyuhyun said.

"Oh....... Are you planning to speak with him?" I questioned.

"..... What can I say to him?"

"You see... I can't tell you what to say to him. It's all about your feelings. I can't tell you to say you love him back and you don't. It's unfair to you. But all I know is that he wants to have a relationship with you. Whether it's on a friendship level, or more. He just wants you to accept his feelings..." I explained.

Kyuhyun sighed deeply. He ruffled his hair and laid low in his chair. "I honestly don't have time to think about this, it'll only make my mind wonder someplace else other than these tests. Maybe I'll think about this after the midterms are finished..." 

"I think that's the best thing to do. Therefore, you can give him a thoughtful answer." I smiled.

Kyuhyun's reasoning seems to be the way to go. Personally, thinking about something else other than the midterms is bad. Not only for concentration, but for your grades. And my grades are what needs to be the first thing on my mind. It has a long term effect on my life.

But that doesn't mean I have to dedicate my whole being into these tests. I usually get an A or so on them, and that won't change since I reviewed so many times that the information is implanted in my memory. I think that figuring out who wrote that note to Donghae will keep me at ease for a while. Also, it'll just make me feel less tense about this whole situation. This really had nothing to do with him, so why did he have to get the note, and why did the person who wrote the note know where Sungmin was. It's driving me crazy...

"So... How has he been," asked Kyuhyun.

"He's been better. Our relationship is going strong, and is almost back to how it was before. He is doing better in his studies, and is slowly becoming himself again. And he thinks about you... A lot..." I said.

Kyuhyun nodded his head and looked outside the window.

"Why do you ask?"

"... I don't know. It's what friend's ask when their friend hasn't been themselves. It's the only thing I can do for him right now. I hope he's okay.." Kyuhyun said. He rubbed his neck out of nervousness, but effortlessly smiled to himself. It was a pretty scene of confusion. 

When his hand came back to his side, I saw something on his neck. His head turned back to look at me, and his eyebrows furrowed out of confusion.

"Why are you looking at me intensely?" He asked.

"Turn your head back to the window again please." I said.

"Like this?" He said, turning his head back to the window, and revealing a K on his neck.
A K with the same ink and handwriting like that of the note.

"Why do you have a K on your neck?"

"A K? What are you talking about?"

"Don't move. I'm going to take a picture of it." I grabbed my cellphone, and clicked on the camera icon to take a picture of it. I showed it to Kyuhyun so he could see what was on his neck.

"How did that get there?" Kyuhyun said, curiously. I was reading his face to see if he was acting. Did he write the letter? No... He couldn't possibly wrote that K so perfectly on his own neck, and he doesn't even have that kind of handwriting. Plus, he genuinely looks confused.

I pulled out the piece of paper and compare it with the picture of the K I just took. Yep, same handwriting, so complicated but pretty. It also has the same type of smooth ink. I got up out of my chair and walked towards the exit of the classroom.

"Where are you going?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I'm going to find the answer I need," I said, smiling.

When I exited, I saw him scratching his head and taking a mirror out to examine the K. Oh Kyuhyun, if only I could tell you what is going on, but I can't, because I don't have enough information to explain anything to myself.

I started running down the hallways, pushing pass idle students chatting in between classes. Hearing, "Watch where you going," "Why are you running," "Goodness," and "C'mon," down the hallway, I finally ended up in front of a classroom door, and opened it. I found Donghae sitting there all alone, reading a book.

"Hello," Donghae said, still looking at the book, flipping the page to the next set of words. His hair was moving with the wind, the windows opened to it widest. 

"Hello." I said.

"Do you want something? I can't offer it here.." 

I walked towards where he was sitting and slammed the piece of paper right in front of him, tearing the book he was reading right from his hands. 

"What is this?" I questioned, pointing to the slip of paper. His hands were still positioned like he was still holding the book, and looking at it, processing what just happened. He sighed as if he gave up, and finally, his concentration was finally on this conversation.

He looked down at the piece of paper, causing his eyes to flicker. You couldn't see his expression change directly, but his aura changed and he looked at me more, seriously.

"How did you get this?"

"You didn't answer my question, what is this!" I yelled.

"Lower you damn voice..."

"No! Not until you tell me what is this! What is this! What is this! WHAT IS TH-"

His hands swiftly covered my mouth. "Your getting ballsy. It doesn't settle well with me." Donghae said, sternly. My eyes widened and when he removed his hand, I couldn't say anything. This is what he does to me. He can make anyone do what he wants in an instant. It doesn't settle well with ME....

"Now listen dog, obey your master. How did you get this?" 

Just ignore his words Eunhyuk.... Ignore....

"..... It fell when you were walking away after we encountered each other on an off day a while ago... I picked it up...." I said.

"And you didn't return it?" Donghae interrogated.

"Why should I return it? The note seriously has nothing to do with you." I vocalized.

"You are right."

"Huh? I'm... Right?" 

"Yes!!" Someone spoke.

Donghae and I turned around and looked to the source of the voice. 

"Who are you?" I said.

I saw this younger boy in front of us smirking. His eyes were intense and something I have never saw before. It wasn't the intensity Donghae gives off. It was something else, something that psychos or sociopaths bring to the table, that kind of intensity. He has these eyes you can't look into for so long, or you fall into his spell, sort of like a siren. Something about him was sort of seductive, it was weird. It was weird because you could tell he's younger than us. He's probably a freshman, but he has a demeanor of an older man, acting like a child.

"Someone importante!" He smirked.

His gaze left mine and onto Donghae. He his lips while walking near us, clearly focusing on him. It stung me a little in the heart.

"Hello Donghae!" The person said.

Donghae just continued to look at him intensely. It was like an intense on intense battle.

"Awww, no greetings? Oh well, I like when you are fiesty Donggie," he said. He turned to me and his lustful gaze turned into a dehumanizing stare. "Well, it took you long enough. I had to right a K on a dudes neck, who is, by the way, very cute, so you could come here. I should make these clues a little more obvious for slow minded people like you." 

"What did you say? I just met you, and you speak to your elder like that?!! Why you little ..." I said, kind of nerved.

"Haha, seems like your psyche is a little hurt. Donghae, how did you get in a mess with this..? Aw, so jealous." He whined.

"...." Donghae was just standing their, evaluating this guys every move. It seems as though he isn't a new figure in his life.

"Donghae, you know him??" I questioned.

"Ah yes he does! Anyway my name is Kai. Well that's not my real name but I go by it, like a nickname perhaps. I got to say, I'm not usually like this.. But when you have the power to wrap the world around your fingers, it's fun to be like this." He smirked. 

Wrap the world around your finger? I barely knew you a second ago. A little self-center egoistic much. Hopefully, it is true, that, his personality is an act.

"So, you wrote the note..." I said.

Kai stepped closer to me and put his hands on my waist. I was taken a back. "Yes, yes I did. And so now you know, what are you gonna do?" He asked, staring at me.

"I'm gonna first leave your 'embrace'," I said, removing his hands from my waist and stepping back one pace. ".. and, I'm gonna ask you a question, how did you know to give Donghae the note about Sungmin?" 

"Well, we have a hard of hearing old man over here. Like I said before, I have the world wrapped around my fingers. So in context, that means I know everything and anything about anyone and everyone," said Kai.

This kid has a lot of nerve...

"You guys are wasting my time," chimed Donghae.

"Donghae don't be like that... You can have the world around your finger too, you kind of already have, you just need to have the right information! Like I said before, I got the cards for you." Kai said, going towards Donghae and kissing him in the cheek. "Again, not even a flinch..." He whined.

Donghae didn't flinch, but I did. And I flinched, because Donghae didn't. Why didn't you flinch Donghae? Did you, like it? My god Eunhyuk, stop it!!! Why does it matter, your only here for answers, nothing more.

"It seems Eunhyukkie is bothered. I guess I would after that hot scene!" Kai laughed.

"What hot scene?" I questioned. 

Kai's playful demeanor turned serious. " Don't play dumb with me. There's a difference between actually being dumb about a situation and trying to act dumb to wiggle your way out of it. Want evidence, here."

Kai held up his phone, and showed a video of Donghae and I. My eyes widened as I saw what was being shown. When Donghae and I were in the nurse's office, after the incident with Sungmin. I blushed when it got to the scene when I was on top of him and I heard him moan. It was such an exhilarating moment, when Donghae allowed himself to be vulnerable. When I looked over at him, I saw him looking the other way. When he sensed me looking at him, he looked at me, and than I looked away. I felt his burning gaze on me for a few seconds.

"I have so many uses for this! I don't know how to do it! I could blackmail you and Donghae, or I could just press send and ruin your reputation as the it man Donghae. Either way, it would be fun!" Kai laughed.

"Do it." Donghae said.

"What!" Kai and I said in unison.

"I don't care. You see, all you people care about it reputation. I just want to go through my day. Knowing that I had such an effect on people like you to the point where you have to blackmail me is thrilling to myself. Plus, I don't remember that ever happening. I could just say you are great with this editing software. It clearly didn't happen." Donghae said.

What? Are you serious? It never happened? Donghae, it's clearly in front of you, wake up!

"All I want to be answered is why you look at me in such a horrible way! That was all I wanted! And than it all got crazy when you touched me when I confronted you and than when we were on the roof you denied it! And your denying this?? Just answer this damn question and than it could seriously never happen. I will erase it from my memory as well. Supposedly, it's so easy to erase it from your memory! You do it all the time Donghae!" I yelled, tears developing in my eyes.

Donghae avoided my gaze when I looked up at him, folding his arms together. Kai just stood there. It seems as if he's sort of confused about what's happening, yet he doesn't want to admit it. He does have this "world around his finger tips" persona going on. It's really difficult reading Donghae, isn't it Kai. If you try, you'll only get hurt.

Donghae walked out the room, my eyes following him, and so was Kai's. "Wait, Donghae, I'm coming with you." Kai said, challenging what Dongahe probably wanted, to be left alone. This Kai character seems to challenge Donghae's full existence, that's why he's talking all this nonsense. But he's always talking nonsense I don't understand.. Like him forgetting what truly happen.

I stood there flabbergasted, wiping the tears that have finally started to fall. I sniffled, inhaled, and exhaled frustration. 

I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated with the midterms. I'm frustrated with friends. I'm frustrated with new people popping up in my life.

 I'm frustrated with HIM...