Confrontation

My Pretty Roommate Is a Gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell rang, signalling that class was over and it was now time for lunch. Yuri groaned in disappointment, "Where is she?" The tired girl sighed and decided to go to the cafeteria for lunch. Hyoyeon was probably already there anyways. As the tan girl entered the cafeteria, her eyes wandered towards Sooyoung and Yoona who were already eating at a table. But Hyoyeon wasn't there.

"Yo, you shikshins! Can you two move your butts instead of just eating?!" Yuri yelled frustratedly. Fortunately, the cafeteria was pretty much filled with loud voices so she didn't attract much attention, but the two girls still scowled in embarrassment, "Can you get even more louder?" Sooyoung rolled her eyes. 

Yuri sighed, "Guys, that's not the point right now. Aren't you two worried for Hyo? She's been gone for like, the entire class period!" Yuri frowned. Sooyoung and Yoona shrugged, "Unnie, you shouldn't be too worried about her. Hyoyeon's strong. It's not like she would commit suicide or anything.

"I guess.." Yuri pouted. At the same time, Yuri noticed a bunch of students turn around to look towards the entrance. Yuri had a feeling that it was Hyoyeon. She turned around and sighed in relief. "You two are right." Sooyoung and Yoona chuckled and shook their heads.

Hyoyeon smirked, "Wassup, guys." She walked like a boss (literally) towards her three friends.

The students whispered among themselves. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and saw Seohyun staring at her too. Hyoyeon decided to play it cool and she winked at her. Seohyun immediately looked down at her food and blushed.

"Is something wrong, Seohyun?" A blonde girl next to her asked. Seohyun shook her head but clearly something made her embarrassed. "Are you sure?" The blonde asked again. Seohyun nodded, "I'm fine, Sica unnie." 

Jessica decided to stop asking her and glanced at Tiffany, 'What's up with our maknae' she mouthed. 

'I don't know.' Tiffany mouthed back. 

Jessica cleared , trying to gain the others' attention, but Sunny and Taeyeon were too focused on their food.

"Why Sica unnie?" Seohyun asked innocently as she noticed Jessica dying to just grab her friends by their collars. "Nothing, Seohyun-ah." Jessica faked a smile. Seohyun stared at them weirdly but continued to eat, ignoring them.

 

"That was pretty cool of you, Hyoyeon unnie." Yoona chuckled, remembering the prior events at music class. 

"I agree. It's been awhile since you've disobeyed a teacher." Sooyoung smirked. Hyoyeon smirked and rolled her eyes, "I wasn't planning to, but some girl made me do it."

"Speaking of that girl, do you want us to teach her a lesson?" Yuri raised an eyebrow, smiling. She was obviously thinking of something scary again. Who knew what gangsters could do?

But Hyoyeon's gaze changed. She secretly froze in her spot and her hand curled up into a fist, "Don't." She simply muttered.

Yuri laughed, "Aw come on~ We'll just show her who's the boss here. It won't be as bad."

Hyoyeon humorlessly stared at Yuri who was sitting in front of her, "Yuri, I said don't. It's fine. She isn't worth my time." She simply answered. She didn't want to sound like she was protecting the latter but she simply wanted no trouble. Especially now after she realized that Seohyun was actually nice for apologizing to her.

Yoona noticed Hyoyeon's serious way of speaking and she sighed. I hope I'm wrong, Hyoyeon unnie. You can't like Seohyun. In fact, you can't like anyone. At least not now.

"Okay okay fine. I guess you're right. She won't affect us anyway." Yuri rolled her eyes, "Especially that annoying friend of hers." She made an irritated expression as she remembered the black-haired girl she argued with earlier in music class.

"You mean Tiffany?" Sooyoung laughed. "Yeah, whatever her name is." Yuri muttered uninterestedly.

"I think that Jessica girl is quite cute though." Yoona smirked. The rest of the gang stared at her with wide open eyes as if they were saying 'are you serious?'

"Relax, guys. I just find her cute. I don't like her, you know." Yoona awkwardly took another bite from her lunch to avoid their stares. I shouldn't have said that.

Sooyoung glanced at Yoona and laughed awkwardly, "Ahaha, that was a funny joke, Yoong."

"No. Stop it, Sooyoung. Yoona, tell us the truth." Yuri remained unaffected by their useless attempt to cover the joke up. Yoona heaved a sigh and put down her fork, "Yuri unnie, I said I was kidding. Besides, I know why we can't fall in love yet. You don't have to worry about me unnie." She assured.

Yuri sighed and nodded in relief, "I'm glad you understand, Yoong. It's still complicated, but soon after this is all over, the time will come."

 

After lunch, the gang went on to their respective classes. This time, the gang was separated into two groups. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were going to chemistry, while Yoona and Yuri went to English. 

"Ugh, Yuri unnie I should've just picked chemistry. I at English." Yoona groaned as she was dragged by Yuri to the English classroom on the second floor.

"You don't at English, although I think Sooyoung is better by a percentage."

"HEY!" Yoona whined. Yuri opened the door, and again, they were late because of Yoona and Sooyoung who insisted on finishing their food.

"Why are you two late, transfer students?" (*Teal=English) The teacher asked in English. Yuri widened her eyes along with Yoona copying after her. "N-Nae?" Yoona replied in Korean.

The teacher sighed, "Take a seat, you two. Over there at the back, there are two empty desks. "

The two nodded dumbly and took a seat. 

"Okay, so Yoona and Yuri, am I correct?" The teacher smiled fiercely. They nodded.

"Before I go on with class, do you two speak fluently in English?" 

"No." They replied at the same time. "Okay, so like our other students, just follow along and if you two are confused, just ask Tiffany and Jessica who are sitting in front of you two."

Yuri rounded her eyes. Tiffany?!

Yoona raised her eyebrows. Jessica..

"Jessica and Tiffany, please introduce yourselves to them."

The blonde girl turned around her seat and smiled (mostly at Yoona), "Hello. I'm Jessica." Yoona blushed and nodded with a slight smile.

"Hello, I'm.." When Tiffany fully turned around, her eyes met with Yuri's and her jaw dropped, "Y-YOU?!" She blurt out in Korean. Yuri gulped and looked away, "Teacher, can I just ask Jeshica-shi for help?" Yuri rolled her eyes.

"Well I don't like you too, Yuri-shi. And it's Jessica. Not Jeshica." Tiffany muttered while rolling her eyes.

"Why, Yuri-shi? It would be perfect if you and Tiffany can work together. Since we'll be assigned in partners for this class."

Yuri sighed, "I'm sorry but I'll just partner up with someone else. I don't think I can work with her either." Yuri squinted her eyes in annoyance.

Meanwhile, Yoona was still staring at Jessica in awe as her heart slowly picked up the pace. "J-Jessica-shi.."

"Hmm?" Jessica smiled politely.

"Do you mind being my partner?" Yoona shyly asked. Jessica shook her head, "Of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter