Sleepless Night

My Pretty Roommate Is a Gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Get off the bed." Sunny ordered as she felt the bed sink. The long-legged girl rolled her eyes and lay on the bed anyway, completely disregarding the older girl's request. Sunny creased her eyebrows and turned around, facing Sooyoung's back.

"Oh really? You're ignoring me now?" The once-bubbly girl scoffed and kicked Sooyoung off the bed using her short, but powerful legs.

The taller girl fell onto the floor with a look of disbelief written on her face, "What the heck was that for?! You midget!" Sooyoung stood up and squinted her eyes angrily at Sunny. The latter ignored her completely and pretended to be asleep.

Sooyoung was about to leave the room but a smirk appeared from her face.

That's not such a bad idea. Sooyoung obviously had a evil plan going through her mind.

She courageously lay on the bed again and slyly s her arms around the older girl's waist, sending butterflies to the latter's stomach.

"H-Hey, what are you doing.." Sunny stuttered. She turned around and her face was only a few centimeters from Sooyoung's.

"Please? Let me sleep here, Sunny-ah." She pouted and brought the older girl closer to her. There was no more space left for Sunny to move. She remained completely frozen as her heart beat faster than normal.

"Can you move?" Sunny tried pushing her away but Sooyoung just held on tighter.

"I'm not letting go." She softly whispered in Sunny's ear. She secretly smirked as she saw the older girl's reaction. Her face was completely red and she couldn't look straight into Sooyoung's eyes.

Does she like me? Sooyoung's mind unconsciously thought.

Sunny couldn't take it anymore. She pushed Sooyoung with all her might and rotated her body so her back would be facing Sooyoung.

"F-Fine! You can have the bed. Just.. give me space."

That night was the most awkward night of Sooyoung's life. She couldn't sleep because the room was dead silent. There were no snores, or sleep talking whatsoever. Both girls couldn't sleep, but no one decided to talk. It wasn't just awkward for Sunny, but even for the one who started it. Sooyoung closed her eyes but her mind was wide awake. 

The taller girl couldn't take it anymore, so she decided to get a drink of water. She stood up from the bed and left the room quietly even though she knew herself that Sunny wasn't even asleep.

The whole dorm was quiet and dark. Sooyoung took this moment to quietly look around the dorm by herself. She had never thought of living in such a big place. Yes, it was a dorm. But it looked like a mansion. Altogether, there were three floors. Five bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and a kitchen were on the top floor. Living rooms and another set of bathrooms were on the floor below it, and there was the basement which was a special room for entertainment.

But the best part was the balcony, next to the kitchen. Sooyoung took a glass of water and leaned against the balcony fence.

"Can't sleep either?"

Sooyoung turned around and saw Taeyeon walking towards her.

"I heard you and Sunny earlier." The girl let out a soft chuckle. Sooyoung shyly scratched the back of her neck and avoided Taeyeon's eyes.

"So you made a move on her, huh?" Taeyeon glanced at Sooyoung.

"I didn't!" Sooyoung accidentally blurted out, causing Taeyeon to smile.

"I understand. I've been through that stage too."

"Stage?" Sooyoung raised an eyebrow. Taeyeon nodded and looked straight into the city, "The stage of.. denial."

Sooyoung laughed awkwardly and shook her head, "I think you're mistaking the whole situation, Taeyeon. I don't like Sunny. In fact, I'm very annoyed with her right now."

Taeyeon slowly nodded, "You can say that, but you'll never change the way your heart feels."

Sooyoung started to get irritated, "Taeyeon, I think I know my feelings better than you do."

The latter raised her eyebrows, "Do you?"

The taller girl was silent for a minute. She didn't know how to convince Taeyeon that she didn't like Sunny. But Taeyeon's words interrupted her own thoughts.

Do I? 

"Sooyoung, it's not a bad thing to fall in love. Fear often gets ahead of us so in the end, we're only left with regrets. If you get hurt in the end, at least you tried. Just enjoy that feeling for now. If you get hurt, the pain will soon go away. You can't find out what you truly feel unless you learn to accept it first." Taeyeon walked away and left Sooyoung more confused than ever.

No, Taeyeon. I'm not afraid. I'm not afraid because I will never fall in love with her. And if I don't fall for her, I'll never get hurt. Sooyoung thought.

 

 

Tiffany stared at the sleeping girl next to her. Her tongue was slightly sticking out, which caused the corners of Tiffany's lips to move upward.

"You fool..." She whispered as she remembered Yuri staying in the gym even though it was dark, just to look for Sooyoung's ring that didn't even exist in the first place.

"You could've died if I wasn't there." Tiffany shook her head and removed Yuri's hair off of her face.

As the younger girl remained asleep, Tiffany remembered the question she had asked her father 6 years ago after her mother passed away.

"Daddy, are all gangsters bad?" 11 year old Tiffany asked her father.

"What they do is bad, but not all of them are bad. Some of them do this to get money, some of them want revenge, but in the end, all of them have hearts that can change."

"Even the gangsters that killed mom?" 

Tiffany's dad became silent and he smiled, "Yes. Even the ones that killed mom."

According to a group of witnesses, her mom had been killed in a car accident after she was kidnapped by a group of men that turned out to be the most wanted gangsters in South Korea. She tried to stop the gangster from driving the van, but unfortunately, her actions only caused the driver to lose control of the steering wheel, and they fell off a cliff.

Tiffany's eyes started to tear up as she remembered her mother's death. Yuri slowly woke up and saw Tiffany crying next to her.

"Tiffany.. why are you crying?"

Tiffany was shocked to see that Yuri had woken up. She immediately stood up from the bed and left the room. A few minutes later, the brunette was back with a cup of water. "Here," She placed the brim of the cup to Yuri's mouth and the latter drank gratefully.

"Thank you. Now answer me, why are you crying?" 

Tiffany forced on a smile and shook her head, "Oh, nothing. I was just.. worried for you." She lied, even though part of it was true.

Yuri lightly smiled, "I'm alright. So don't cry anymore, okay?" 

Tiffany nodded, "Okay." 

Maybe my father is right. Not all gangsters are bad.
 


Yoona paced around Jessica's bedroom, admiring the older girl's decorative room. "Wow.. Your room is so cool unnie." She mumbled in amusement.

Jessica smiled, "Really?"

The taller girl nodded. Jessica smiled proudly until her phone rang.

Jessica raised an eyebrow in displeasure, "Who could be calling me at this time?" She rolled her eyes and picked up her phone from the desk.

"Oh it's Taecyeon oppa."

Yoona creased her eyebrows as she heard the name. Taecyeon? Why was he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter