The Deal

My Pretty Roommate Is a Gangster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days went by and the girls would continue on with their lives. Seohyun and Hyoyeon were still awkward after Hyoyeon's sudden confession. 

"I like you, Seohyun. Do you believe me now?" 

Seohyun slightly felt a strong wave of emotions drown her. She felt like she couldn't breathe. Was she supposed to be angry?

Shocked? Confused? Happy?

Believe it or not, the older girl felt the exact same as her. She rounded her eyes and felt her heart beat faster. Did I just say that? Oh my gosh please tell me I was just imagining myself saying that.

However as she saw Seohyun's expression darken, she bit her lip. I guess I wasn't imagining it.

"I.. I can explain, Seohyun." Unaware of what she was doing, Hyoyeon reached out for Seohyun's arms to comfort her but the latter suddenly jumped out of the bed, horrified.

"G-GET AWAY FROM ME!" She exclaimed with wide eyes. She burst out of the room, leaving Hyoyeon in complete disbelief from disappointment.

Yoona decided to avoid Jessica because she felt nervous about her own feelings. She also avoided Jessica because she didn't like the thought of being "sister-zoned." However, Jessica knew that Yoona was avoiding her but she was too shy to ask. In other words, both of them were too shy to fix their relationship. 

Sooyoung and Sunny still remained a hateful relationship towards each other even though they were starting to fall for each other and they just didn't realize it yet.

Ironically, Tiffany and Yuri were the only ones comfortable with each other. You could even call them 'friends'. That's how close they've gotten.

And Taeyeon... she's pretty much the person who stops awkward silences and acts like the mother of the group.

"Girls hurry up!" Taeyeon hollered from the door. Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, and Seohyun stood at the door impatiently. Tiffany continously glanced at her watch, Seohyun organized their backpacks at the door, and Sunny and Jessica were trying to calm down. The girls were never once late. 

Yet they had to wait for them because they couldn't leave the dorm to the gangsters for even a minute.

It was too frightening to think of what could happen.

Yuri ran down the stairs, sighing. "Never once did I care about going to school on time.." She muttered. Tiffany slightly widened her eyes and swallowed her saliva as she eyed Yuri top to bottom. The girl was wearing their usual uniform but she looked gorgeous.

At the same time, Yoona, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon made their way downstairs, chatting casually.

"Aish, hurry up!" Taeyeon spoke in disbelief at their lazy expressions.

"Nae, omma." Sooyoung smirked, causing Taeyeon to roll her eyes. The leader finally went outside with her backpack.

Yoona and Jessica made eye contact but the younger girl immediately looked away. Jessica inwardly sighed and followed after Taeyeon. Sooyoung playfully pushed Yoona who was in front of her. Yoona stumbled onto the carpet, about to fall, until Jessica turned around and caught her.

"A-Are you okay?" Jessica awkwardly asked with a formal tone.

Yoona stood up and didn't stare at Jessica, "I'm alright." She mumbled. Jessica nodded and bitterly went back to facing Taeyeon. Taeyeon saw her sad smile and she gave her a comforting smile. Jessica forced a smile back.

Sooyoung secretly smirked at Jessica. So you like Yoona, huh?

"Aish, go!" Sunny interrupted her thoughts. Sooyoung scoffed and rolled her eyes as she followed after Yoona.

Hyoyeon walked after Sooyoung and Seohyun followed. Sunny locked the dorm with her keys and the nine girls started their run for the school gate. 

 

"Late." The teacher shook her head disappointedly, "I understand that Yoona, Sooyoung, Yuri, and Hyoyeon are late, but.. girls, why are you all late?"

Yuri smirked, "How unbiased, teacher." She sarcastically said. Tiffany sighed and mentally shook her head. Even though she was friends with Yuri, she still didn't like how the taller girl acted towards her elders and superiors.

"Sorry, teacher. We live with them now so we have to all go at the same time." Sunny explained.

The students gasped and whispered the new gossip among themselves. It was quite surprising how the two groups of rivals were now living together.

"Oh so now you're blaming our group?" Sooyoung scoffed at Sunny's remark. Sunny glared at her but Jessica held her back. Yoona also held Sooyoung back and she stared at Jessica. They shared an awkward eye contact again before (as always) Yoona looked away. Jessica inwardly bit her lip. She hated how Yoona was avoiding her. 

The teacher glanced at her clock and widened her eyes, "Oh my.. We'll start class right now. You nine students can explain to me later."

The girls nodded and went to their respective seats.

"Turn to page 250 in your geography textbook. We'll go over our next lesson."

 

RING!

Yoona squinted her eyes in her deep slumber. She slightly lifted her head from the desk and flashbacks of her dream appeared into her mind. She sighed and placed her head back to its original position.

"Jessica-" Yoona excitedly walked towards her back facing her, but suddenly a man appeared in front of Jessica. He was now facing Yoona's direction, so she knew who he was.

"T-Taecyeon.." She mumbled half-heartedly. Taecyeon smiled and carassed Jessica's cheek. "I love you, Jess." He whispered. The whole situation seemed strange and unrealistic to Yoona. How could she hear him so clearly even though he was just whispering?

"Am I dreaming?" Yoona mumbled again. She heard Jessica chuckle and her hand went to Taecyeon's cheek.

"I love you too." She sweetly replied. Her voice echoed so loudly that it made Yoona's ears hurt. She bit her lip to stop the tears from falling but she ended up crying loudly. As expected, Jessica and Taecyeon couldn't hear her because it was a dream.

She took a step closer to Jessica but she didn't seem to be moving anywhere. No matter how much she ran, she remained in the same place, chasing after a dream she'll never reach.

Chasing after her dream.. Chasing after Jessica, whom she will never reach.

"Jessica.." She croaked within her tears. Jessica moved her face closer to Taecyeon, but then he suddenly vanished. Yoona saw Jessica's frozen figure. Yoona stopped crying as she focused on the girl in front of her. Will she notice me now?

Jessica turned around and Yoona could see her eyes filled with tears. Jessica cried, and cried. Yoona didn't know what to do. She took a step closer, and before she knew it, she was in front of Jessica.

She finally got to move from her place. She sat in front of Jessica and carassed her cheek, "Don't cry.. I'm here."

"Of course.. You're like my little sister. You'll always be here for me." Jessica whispered.

Yoona's mouth gaped as she felt her heart sink. A sister.. Just a sister.. 

"Yoona?" Jessica curiously stared at the girl staring into space.

"Yoona, it's lunch."

Yoona rounded her eyes. Lunch. She looked at the person who woke her up and squinted her eyes to see her more clearly. 

Jessica.

She felt her heart break. Was that dream telling me that I should never fall for her? Is it because in the end, she'll never like me back?

"Oh.. Okay." Yoona muttered with no emotion whatsoever. She stood up and slightly loss her balance because she just woke up. Jessica caught her once again and she immediately pushed her arms away. Stop catching me. You won't be there to catch me when I fall for you either.. Yoona bitterly thought.

Yoona left the classroom without another word, leaving Jessica heart-broken once again. Why, Yoona? Why are you ignoring me? Please at least tell me why you're mad.

Jessica inhaled and nodded. "You're right, Jessica. This is the best time to ask her.. I can't let go of this opportunity." She talked to herself and immediately left the classroom. She saw Yoona at her locker, getting her lunch out. She took in a deep breath again and stomped confidently towards her.

"Yoona." Jessica humorlessly called her name. Yoona turned around with an innocent expression. Her eyes caught Jessica off guard. 

"What?" She rudely snapped back.

"W-Why are you ignoring me? Did I d-do something?" Jessica managed to let out. Yoona mocked her by laughing at her serious question. The blonde girl raised an eyebrow, "Is there something funny?" She blurted out of frustration.

The taller girl stopped smiling and took a step closer towards the latter. Jessica immediately took a step back.

"There is." Yoona softly spoke compared to her attitude earlier. Jessica's heart beat faster in response, "Tell me then." She replied with a desperate tone in her voice.

Yoona frowned, "You wouldn't understand."

"Yes I would.. Please, just tell me. I can't stand you ignoring me.." She whispered, almost in a begging way. Yoona sighed in response, "I'm sorry, I can't." She turned around, but Jessica suddenly grabbed her wrist. She surprisingly didn't resist the older girl's grip. As a result, Jessica ended up pulling her closer to her than expected. Too close.

Yoona's heart raced as her gaze went down to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter