Making space

Lucky to have you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Making space

 

 

 

 

"You know, Taemin? My Minho is a very nature loving boy." Mrs. Choi said while sipping from her tea cup. Her eyes started twinkling as the liquid went sliding down . -"Wow! Taemin, you can make excellent tea! I love it. Now that I think about it, I don't regret not marrying my son off to a girl." She commented winking.

"That's my pleasure, Mrs. Choi." Taemin replied smiling politely; very faint hue of pink painting his cheeks.

"Oh! Come'n, dear. You do know what everyone calls their mother-in-law, don't you? I want to hear you calling me mom or mother or whatever you want, dear. Just don't be so formal with me anymore!" Mrs. Choi strongly protested.

Taemin laughed softly. -"I'm sorry, mom. I was....uhmm....kind of confused of what exactly I should call you. Now that you're telling me- I'll definitely call you mom from now on."

"Ahh...it feels so good to hear you calling me mom besides Minho! Now that my son is in the hand of someone perfect like you, I feel like a successful mother." Mrs. Choi said with a contented sigh. They both smiled at each other, sipping from their tea cup comfortably. Minho had gone to an important meeting with his father. The date of the supposed programmed to be held was almost knocking at the door. And since, that was the first time for announcing officially about the collaboration of Choi and Lee Company. Everything was busier than ever.

Since both the mother and son-in-law were left alone in the big mansion together, they decided to have a good time of their own together while sipping from their tea made by Taemin and watching the refreshing scenario around them, sitting in the garden.

"This business sure does know how to ruin something." Mrs. Choi spoke up all of a sudden.

Taemin waited for more not getting exactly what his mother-in-law meant.

"I thought I would send you two to a beautiful honeymoon tour right after the wedding but look at our luck! Why is it so bad?!"

Taemin blushed at the thought of going into a honeymoon tour, without knowing himself he started fiddling with his fingers.

It didn't go unnoticed by Mrs. Choi. She couldn't help but coo at her son-in-law's cute blushing face. She smiled when Taemin's face reddened more at her cooing. -"Why are you feeling so shy? I also went to a honeymoon tour after my wedding, you know? And it was wonderful." She commented looking up to the sky dreamily. She was smiling to herself remembering the past when she was a newlywed bride going on a honeymoon tour with her husband.

Taemin stared at her with awe. -"That must've been an excellent period of time of your life." He commented.

"Oh! Undoubtly dear. Don't worry. I'm sure; yours will be a very excellent one too. I know my Minho is very romantic." Mrs. Choi replied with a teasing tone.

Taemin shook his head immediately blushing red. -"No No No!!! I didn't mean that! I-I’m not worrying! I was just... commenting. You looked so happy reminiscing the past. That's why, I thought, that must've been a very good time of your life."

Mrs. Choi laughed.  Slowly as her laughter died, she sighed and for a moment Taemin thought she looked like the unhappy person in the world. She just kept staring at the sky with such sadness in her eyes.

"Mom?" Taemin called carefully.

"Huh?!" Mrs. Choi replied like she just snapped out to reality. -"Oh! I was zoning out." She said smiling.

"Are you alright?" Taemin asked with concern. Mrs. Choi looked at him smiling.

"I'm alright. It's just....that was indeed a very beautiful time but it didn't end so beautifully."

"It's alright. You don't have to tell me. Let’s just forget about this conversation. And...we all know everything has it’s both good and bad." Taemin replied hurriedly watching Mrs. Choi as she had such sadness painted on her eyes. Sadness doesn’t really go with her.

"You're such an understanding boy, dear. I'm really happy that my Minho has gotten you as his life partner." Mrs. Choi stated smiling lovingly at him.

Taemin smiled.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Taemin, I’m really sorry. This is the worst situation ever. You don’t know just how much irritated I am right now because I have no other way but go abroad for this short meeting before the grand one.” Minho explained looking at Taemin in the eyes. He tightened his hold on Taemin’s smaller hand in his.

It was the first thing Minho said after coming from office when they were in their bedroom.

Because of the business collaboration of two big companies and other business stuff, Minho had to leave for abroad that day. He didn’t like the idea at all but it’s not like he could do anything. Leaving Taemin alone all by himself right after their marriage sounded like the worst idea ever to him. But, well....there was no way. It was only the second day of their marriage. He had so many plans. Actually, he had a back up plan as well. So, that wasn’t the fact. The fact was that he had to leave Taemin there and go abroad alone right after their marriage. He thought about taking the younger along with him. But then when he thought about it more, he realized, it would be too boring and irritating for Taemin to spend his time alone there. There would be none of him known and clearly Minho would be busy all the time except the time to sleep. There could be a benefit but then again, Taemin wasn’t the type who liked to shop a lot and would be able to spend all his time shopping and wandering around.

Actually the thing is, he wasn’t much concerned about Taemin as much as he was for himself. Sounded selfish but it’s just, he even doubt, Taemin would miss him that  much those four days- he would be away because it’s not like the younger was in love with him or something but when the table turns to himself.....it would be quite difficult for him to spend those long times without seeing the beautiful face of his husband.

“Hey, it’s ok. I don’t mind. It’s just this one week, right? Then you won’t be as busy as now.” Taemin tried to assure smiling.

“No. It’s not ok and I mind! It’s just this one week.....the immediate next week right after our wedding! It’s not fair!!” Minho protested sighing with irritation.

“Uhmm....Minho its fine. Just cope with it.” Taemin said. –“For...how long are you going abroad?” He asked again thinking.

“For four days and that’s where I stumble. I wanted to spend these days together with you so badly. I mean I had plans. Not to mention that I don’t like the thing that the time is running untouched.” The older said absentmindedly.

The words sounded weird to Taemin. He confusedly stared at Minho. –“I don’t understand. I mean, I get it, four days is a long time but its fine. We all knew about it from the moment on of our engagement.”

“Ahh...yeah. Then....may be I was being just over dramatic?” Minho said looking into Taemin’s eyes and Taemin felt so bad. What if, Minho was irritated thinking he didn’t care about his feelings?

“Oh! No. I didn’t mean it like that....” He almost started panicking until Minho had his fingers under Taemin’s chin tilting his head upper to gaze into his eyes deeper from closer view.

Taemin gulped getting caught in the sudden bold act. He nervously stared back into Minho’s eyes. He could feel his hands sweating and heartbeat fastening. Everything was getting hotter suddenly. Minho was so close. Too close only to talk and damn from when did Minho had that much affect on him! Taemin felt like, his heart would burst from being faster and faster by each fraction of a second. He couldn’t decide where he should put his hands. After hesitating for a moment, he just let them hang awkwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter