Heartbeat

Lucky to have you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Life" was never that much of an interesting group of letters to Minho. Because his life. . It’s always seemed rather dull to himself.

No colors or shimmering at all.

And sometimes spontaneous.

His life, it always takes a turn when he least expects it. Changes occur that he had never once thought of. He likes it thou. Changes are what somehow make things interesting and he feels spirited to move on to the next day.

Sometimes he stands in front of the mirror and asks his reflex staring right back at him with a pitiful gaze-

"Choi Minho, did you ever imagine yourself a successful business man at such a young age when you were always running around with a soccer ball glued to your legs?"

He'd stay silent for a while staring blankly at his reflex as if the Minho from inside the mirror would speak up any minute. After waiting for a while he'd sigh and shake his head saying-"You're hopeless."

So far in this life of his that he pities so much, he had always done the things according to his father's guidance. , which was mainly a guide to becoming a successful businessman at an age so young such as his. There was basically no such thing as 'my life, my choice'.

When he wanted to practice soccer because he so wanted to be the next star conquering the sweaty but shiny soccer world, his father would sat him with a book full of managing and leading stuff saying- "Read. You're going to take over my company one day and I want you to be a perfect man for that not a brat."

His father is an honorable person and as the only child, Minho will have to listen to everything his father says and does everything according to his father's will. And of course parents know the best for their children and a father more so.

So, in school, college he was the perfect son every parents could wish for. He was the cool, gentle guy every girl could wish for with his grade being always on the top.

He shines as bright as a person can be in the eyes of the people around him but to him, his world seems anything but shiny. He almost feels like a corpse now days. He doesn't feel the excitement from time to time anymore from when he was still young and reality, life and responsibility hadn't yet poured down onto him with its heavy weight so unbearable but to be beared.

Then there was 'LOVE', the ultimate reason for excitement to the youth which he couldn't enjoy much either. Dating in school was prohibited by his parents. He was asked not to be distracted by unnecessary things like love and focus only on his studies and so he did.

However finding love for finally some excitement in college wasn't successful for him either. Dating the pretty girl in college didn't quite turn out so nice and romantic he thought it would be. It was rather monotonous and he felt empty instead of all the rush and flutters that his friend who was happily in a relationship, claimed he'd feel- "Heartbeat? You’d feel the most beautiful and pleasurable rush of heartbeat when you’d land your eyes on the love that's meant to be yours. Trust me my friend, that’s the time you’d feel the liveliest with the sound of your extreme pounding heart against your chest."

His heart didn't beat so fast and he felt more uncomfortable than happy and excited. He felt like everyone only wanted to show him off rather than really feeling him heart to heart. So he gave up trying to find love and remained alone throughout collage too.

"I must have yet to meet the right one." - He thought and gave up the idea of dating anyone deliberately. All of them seem interested only in his achievement anyway. They gave out the greedy kind of aura.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter