Know me better part 1

Lucky to have you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho was driving as it was their 2nd date.

Earlier that day, Taemin was truelly surprised finding Minho sitting in their living room. He had comprehended that maybe Minho was there to ask him something or he was just depressed over his brother running away from him but.... what actually happend, he certainly didn't expect it. Then when, after Kris had left leaving Taemin in a so not good mood, Minho talked about making him feel better and acted with his words leaning towards him, he was beyond being able to think what was about to happen. Being too scared Taemin literaly couldn't imagine what would've happened untill the older whispered those words-

"What do you think about me taking you on another date?"

Relief washed all over his body and mind. It's not like he feared of Minho kissing him. His fiance was too much of a gentleman to do that. But.... who knows? He's not forbidden from fearing anyway.

Relieved Taemin could only nod in reply. After all the stress he had gone through that whole day, going on another date with Minho didn't sound that bad to him. At least it would freshen his mind. And the fact that Minho took the I'll-make-you-feel-better thing almost as a challenge, Taemin couldn't really reject him.

"We're here." Taemin looked out the window. Like Minho has announced their car was parked infront of their destination, a nice looking restaurant. Since it was already lunch time, Minho had decided to take him to have lunch first before heading to wherever he had planned.

As promised Minho was doing quite a good job already. No. The heartache Taemin had was not going away anytime soon nor the stress Kris recently left on his shoulder and Taemin was well aware of it. Minho can't wash them away cause well he didn't have an idea of what was troubling the younger. But Taemin couldn't ask for more. Minho was trying. He was trying his best to make Taemin feel better as promised, not even knowing what was the reason for him to be upset. He was occationally jocking and all the while smilling and laughing.

The lunch wasn't awkward as Taemin thought it'd be. It was rather relaxing and entertaining. They were talking about their similler interest in music.

When you talk about something you're interested in, it's not easy to stop even if you want.

So it wasn't that hard for them to continue talking while eating. Still... problem never fails to chase after them. It was brought there when habitually Minho brought his brother aka Taemin's ex-boyfriend aka soon-to-be-brother-in-law , Lee Jinki into their conversation. Lee Jinki was a sensitive topic for both of them. But Minho couldn't help. To Minho music and Lee Jinki always goes together. He couldn't leave behind his brother's name while talking about music, considering his amazing skill in music. It was a habit. So it wasn't his fault when the sudden topic made the atmosphere gloomy. That reminded Minho, he had yet to call his aunty if Jinki went back to Amarica. Where else would he go except his own home? Minho wished from heart and soul for Jinki to go to his parents in US. Either way he has no idea from where to where he'll look for him. He doesn't know so much about his hyung's friends other than his girlfriend 'Minnie'. It's not easy to find someone by only a nickname. There's probably a hell lot of minnie out there.

Well....... Only if Minho knew....

And.... Taemin? He really can't show his heartache for Jinki around Minho. He just smiled sadly. When Minho noticed that he himsef was making the environment gloomy instead of making it lighter, he groaned rubbing his face with his palms.

"GOD! I'm making everything awkward myself. I'm no good. I'm sorry. I was supposed to ease you from whatever problem you're going through but here I'm dragging you along with me towards my own stress ground." Minho mumbled, his voice muffled against his palms.

Taemin couldn't decide what to say. In exact words, he had nothing to say really. Guilt rushed through his hot blood giving him goosebumps. He asked himself-

 

Aren't I partly the reason, why Jinki left Minho?

Aren't I the reason why Minho is in so much stress?

Questions kept running through his mind and the answers kept slapping him with so much power that he could literaly feel himself physically and emossionally going frigid.

'Aren't I actually cheating on my fiance?!'

He felt himself freezing. His eyes stinging because of the tears threatening to come out. Minho didn't know that there was something between his brother and his fiance that pushed his brother away from him. To make it worse his fiance still couldn't bring his heart back to himself so that he could comply with the reality and prepear his heart for Minho, who he's gonna be with the rest of his life. He just couldn't put up with the reality. He didn't want to accept that his and Jinki's thing wasn't true. Cause if he ever finds himself falling for Minho harder than he was once for Jinki than that can explain only one thing- Jinki and he weren't meant to be.

It's terrifiying.

Still Taemin felt bad.... so bad for doing all these things to Minho... for keeping him away from his brother.... for keeping him away from the truth.... for keeping him in the dark while Minho was all prepared to heip him with anything. He wanted to scream everything to Minho but he couldn't. He didn't have the courage to do so... not yet. Tears reached almost to the point of sliding down his cheeks but he held them in. He couldn't give Minho anymore trouble by showing his own tears. The least he could do now is stop himself from giving his fiance further stress. He was enough stressed out already.

And... to do that he could start by helping Minho out from his stress right then.

Minho still had his gloomy face hid behind his palms maybe so that it doesn't affect his fiance who he knew, was not in a very good mood. He was apolozising now and than. It somehow came out as a very cute gesture to Taemin.

Taemin blinked several times to clear his vision. He smiled and pulled down Minho's both hands with his.

It surprised Minho. He never imagined Taemin to be bold enough to even brush his fingers against his. He confusedly stared at his fiance's grinning face.

"OK. Now that you've turned my mood gloomy, it's also your responsiblity to turn it back into a lighter and happy one." Taemin said grinning all along. Minho just stared at him with furrowed eyebrows cause his fiance certainly didn't look like the way he described himself.

Taemin became a little concerned gazing back at his fiance but his grin didn't fall down. He kept grinning awkwardly.

"Umm..... Is there something on my face?" He asked and to his surprise and panic Minho nodded. He stopped and anxiously waited for Minho to say more. He was on the verge of freaking out. How could he make himself look stupid?! Minho's eyes got bigger and his surprised expression was clear on his face.

"A huge grin." Minho uttered slowly.

It took a few blinking times for Taemin to comprehend what exactly his fiance meant before bursting out in laughter. Half because of Minho's answer and half because of his weird face.

GOD! His handsome fiance can sometimes be incredibly adorable!

Soon they both were lauging madly. After they felt like it was enough, they stopped and apolozised politely bowing to the people from other tables near them with small smile still dangling on their lips. Minho succeded.

When they got back into the car with banana milk shake for Taemin and chocolate milkshake for Minho, there was happy celebrating mood clouding around them.

"So, what is our next destination?" Taemin asked buckling his seatbelt.

"You'll see once we're there." Minho replied bukling his own seatbelt.

"Wae? Can't you just tell me?" Taemin pouted.

"Nope, my dear fiance. So keep drinking your banana milk and be patient like a good boy." Minho replied ruffling the pouty boy's hair in a teasing manner.

Taemin didn't reply. He was too busy drinking his cold banana milkshake, hoping that it'd cool down his hot cheeks and hide his blush.

He felt weird..... hearing Minho calling him- 'my dear fiance' and 'good boy'. He closed his eyes praying that Minho didn't notice the abnormal redness on his cheeks cause despite him drinking the cold drink, his hot cheeks didn't cool down.                                                                                                         

Minho noticed but didn't budge. He shouldn't cross his limited line. He just kept smilling to himself. Minho really likes it when Taemin blushes because of him.

 

 

***

 

 

Minho perked his car right beside a soccer field where some big trees were standing together creating a immense spot of shade on the soft looking green grass. Minho stepped out of the car and then as usual helped Taemin out. He let his eyes trail over the soccer field.

Yes, it's a soccer field where he can only dream of running arround with a soccer ball glued with his legs.... kicking it into the opposite goalpost and celebrate the goal with his team mates. Only by staring at a soccer field Minho turned into a smilling idiot. If he had the opportunity of becoming something other than a bussiness man, he surely would've been a soccer player.

"Umm... Minho? Why...are we in a soccer field?" Taemin asked. Confusion dripping through his voice as he kept hasitantely looking arround the green field for something interesting. Finding nothing, he threw Minho a suspicious look frowning cutely.

"You're not probably thinking of making me play soccer with you right now, are you?" He asked again. Though it was almost winter, the sun rays were still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter