Chapter 14 - The truth

Love Step Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come a little closer to me

My foolish love won't let you go

From far away,

I am only hoping you will come

You know my heart

**** 

 

Its already late at night. The rain falling slowly. Shinhye stands alone at the living room. She is alone without Yonghwa. After 2 weeks resting at Yonghwa's parent mansion, Shinhye and Yonghwa back to their home. Home sweet home. Sometimes the lighting from the thunder scared her little heart. Shinhye sit slowly. She can walked well now. Her condition slowly becomes good. Perhaps Yong's love and care have brought her a happiness and healthy life. 

" I should try call him. " Shinhye grab her phone. The speed dial showing number 1 as her husband's number. The ring keep ringing. ' Come on.. Pick up the phone, Yong.. '

- The number you have called is busy. Please try again. - The woman's voice from the call. Shinhye bit her bottom lips. ' I should try again. May be he is busy.. ' Shinhye's second attemps. Finally. 

" Deh.. Waeyo? " 

" Where are you?.. Its rain here. And i alone.. " Shinhye talked while her little finger played with her wavy hair.

" I'm still at work.. Have you eat? Don't wait for me.. I'll be late. My work have doubled up.. Tsk. " Shinhye sweet giggle occur.

" Yah. Don't laugh. Or else, I'll punished you.. " 

" Palli.. I'll waited for you.. "

" Aigoo.. Did you missed me too much, Shin?.. " Shinhye's sweet smile potrait so well on her pretty face.

" Ani.. I'm missing someone else. "

" Dugue? " While Shinhye smile devilish, Yonghwa stoped his checking on file. The phone call becomes silent.

" I miss my man.. Well, he is so busy with his world.. While his wife are alone at the home.. " Yonghwa let go a short laugh.

" Mian hae.. Even I'm a heir, the work still have to be done.. " 

" Ara.. But its already pass dinner time. Its 10 o'clock, Yong.. Are you a machine? " Soon Shinhye can hear Yonghwa burst into laugh.

" I'm not machine. A machine cannot love and make love. How could you called me, a machine, my dear Shin?.. " Shinhye smiled and grined too.  * Kekeke

" Good bye, machine man. Anneyong. " The phone call ended with a silly joke. Yonghwa look the screen phone. He smiled alone while rest his back against the chair. ' I will pretend liked i never read that message.. Yes, keep faith in love, Jung Yonghwa. You can do it! Aja2!. '

Knock! Knock! 

Yonghwa look at the door. He cleary heard a knocking sound. He rise from his sit. The door opens. Its Won bin. Yonghwa froze by his acts.

" Hyung? Do you need anything? " Won bin walked to the couch. He take a seat and look so arrogant.

" How's Shinhye?.. " Yonghwa grib his palm. He let go a sigh. A heavy sigh.

" She's okay now. I really took a care of her. 2 weeks. " Won bin move his deep gaze to Yonghwa.

" Is she still doing the photography thing? Our company have released a new campaign. I want Shinhye to take involve. "

" She is banned from doing any job. " Yonghwa continued his work. His eyes have lock through the laptop screen. Won bin rise from his seat. He sipped the coffee while look at Yonghwa.

" She is not a toy, Yonghwa. You cannot simply ask her to do and not to do. Well, she loves her job, right? "

" Hyung, why don't you go home, first? My job already done. 'Perfectly.' " Yonghwa rise from his seat. He grabed his coat and move forward to the door. 

" Yonghwa-ah.. " Yonghwa stoped his walk. His hand hold the door knob. 

" Send my regard to my little Shin.. " Won bin tapped Yonghwa's shoulder lightly. He smirk as his shoulder crash with Yonghwa's shoulder. Yonghwa cannot stand anymore. He grab Won bin's collar. He swing a fist. Fiercely.

" Yah!! " Won bin wiped the blood. 

" I've warned you, hyung. Don't let me say it twice. Shinhye is mine. And for God Sake, she is your sister-in-law! Do you hear me? Huh!! " Won bin never let his guard down. For the first time of his life, Yonghwa's fist fly to his pretty face. 

" I'll pretend nothing happened today. " Yonghwa shrugged away his hand from Won bin's collar. He makes his first move to the lift. While the clock already 11 o'clock. The lift bring him down. He reached his tie and grab it roughly. His red face from the mess clearly shows his burning heart. 

****

Shinhye yawning deeply. She look at the watch and its already a midnight. The light rain have becomes a heavy rain. A security system alarm have make she awake. She rub her eyes. The door slowly opened. All she can see is a mess husband. A mess hair and he is wet. From the rain. Shinhye never see Yonghwa in this state. A new sight after a year of marriage. 

" You owned me an explaination, Yong.. " Yonghwa just stands like a statue. He still cannot forget the inci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter