5.

Aphasia
AyaXiumin

5.

Minseok walks in and heads to towards the register. Once there, he looks up behind the counter at the menu wall. He proceeds to slightly tilt his head, as if stuck in a thought, before ordering a drink. He pulls out his wallet and politely hands his card over to Hyun and begins to drum his fingers on top the counter.

He glances around the café, but Hyun captures his attention again by handing him his card back. He bows his head as he receives his card back and signs the receipt. Minseok turns around and scans around the café again, as if he's searching for something. His eyes catch mine and I hold his gaze for a brief moment before he catches himself and takes a seat at an empty table across the cafe.

Hmmm...

"And then one night, something happened and I.... let me not mention that. What happens in Jeju-do, stays in Jeju-do," Grandpa chuckles to himself as if he came up with the best funniest phrase ever.

Five minutes later, Hyun walks over to his table with a tray in his hand, holding his drink and chocolate crepe. Hyun places the two plates down on the table, before bowing and returning to the cash register. Before taking a sip, Minseok picks up the cup and holds it close to his nose, letting the aroma linger for a moment. A small smile grows on his face as he sets the cup back down.

"You gotta listen to me, Aya-yah. There's so much to experience and see. I want you to live your life to the fullest, you hear me?" Grandpa urges and I nod and softly smile in agreement.

I feel a pair of eyes on me. I turn my head in that direction.

Him.

Our eyes catch each other's again and he begins to choke on his coffee and fumbles to pick up a napkin to wipe his mouth and coat.

Smooth.. haha

"What are you looking at Aya? You listening to me?"

My head whips back to Grandpa. I slide my marker and notepad out of my purse onto the table.

"Nothing really, but I hear you," I write.

"Good. Now let me go back into the kitchen before your beautiful grandma comes looking for me," Grandpa winks and gets up from the table and walks towards the black curtain behind the counter. As Grandpa walks away, my mind floats back to the man from before.

Is that guy still looking at me?

I pick up my book and open to a random page and try to read.

I've been staring at the same sentence for the past ten minutes...Ugh.. I gotta know..

I slowly move my eyes from the pages and look around the café.

Let's not be obvious now Aya...

Minseok places the last piece of the crepe in his mouth and puts his fork and knife down, next to his place. He picks up his napkin and wipe around his mouth and contently leans back in his chair.

I don't even know who this Minseok guy is.. But he's strangely intriguing...

The door chimes as it opens and a fairly handsome guy walks in and sits down at Minseok's table. Not too long after, Minseok leans in closer to the other man and pats his shoulder, as if it was meant to console him. Soon after, Minseok and the man stand up and leave the café.

"I saw all of that by the way... you and wallet boy," Won whispers from behind.

Ugh.


Author's Note:

Hey...... everyone!

How have you been? It's been a bit of time. I hope you guys are all good.

I'm officially a college grad!! :D So that whole time I was gone, I was trying not to die from my senior year and brainstorm ideas to get out of writers block. I also realized that I can't write while I'm at school for some reason. Who knows? 

I had the hardest time typing this chapter, but I have to get back into the groove of writing things. Hopefully the chapter wasn't too bad.

Please comment! It helps a lot.

S/N: I edited the layout a little so it should be better to view the chapters on mobile.

And thank you for your continuted interest in this story!