13.

Aphasia
AyaXiumin

13.

A week later

A sigh leaves my lips as I swing my bag over to my side to clear the path to my apartment door's keypad. I enter the security code and the door beeps, signalling the door is unlocked. I open the door and walk in.

I slip off my shoes and tiredly walk into the kitchen. I feel something jumping onto my left foot, resting all of its weight on my toes. I gaze down.

Alii.

She returns the gaze before she looks down at the ice cream designs on my socks and decides to start it.

Alli.....

"It's not going to taste like that stuff you know...."

I bend down and pick her up off of my socks. I hold her up, so we're at eye level. A soft purr escapes her lips as she calms down. Her piercing blue eyes scans my face, trying figure out the situation.

How can someone be scared of such adorable thing?

"Alii.."

Her whiskers twitch upwards at the soft sound of her name.

The chill of the night air caressed my face, causing the strands of my hair to flutter around the outlines of my chin and lips, as we walked down a street near my neighborhood.

A bright smile was plastered on my face as I returned my notepad to Minseok.

"What do you mean you're scared of cats? They're adorable," I wrote with two lines underlining the word 'adorable'.

"I'm scared of them. Mentally scarred since I was a kid. One decided that I was its prey, so it attacked me. Chased me around the playground for hours, until my parents saved me," he responded with a shudder.

Before I realized it, a chuckle escaped from me and I immediately threw my hand over my lips.

"Hey! That's not funny. I'm scarred for life, you know," he replied before falling into a fit of laughter.

"Well I guess it does sound funny with that mental image, but hey!"

I raised my hands up as to say 'My bad' before laughing again. He handed me my notepad back and I began to write a response.

"Kittens are pretty playful. Maybe it was trying to play with you. I have a kitten. She's pretty playful, but she's chill for the most part."

Looking over my shoulder, he read my words. "Most part?"

"Yeah, she's chill, but sometimes she tries to help but it doesn't happen as she planned. After which, she starts freaking out and things to bad. Like earlier today, she tried to massage my head or something, but then she ended up getting her paw caught in my hair. Hence my mini bald spot."

"You don't have a mini bald spot.." He trailed off examining my hair from behind.

"I'm glad you don't notice it. Thank you to my expert brushing skills," I wrote before sharing a smile with him.

Snapping me out of my thoughts is the pressure of Alii's paw on my face.

"Sorry," I mutter before setting her back down on the ground.

The light sound of my phone vibrating from inside my bag. I reach in a pull out my phone.

Message(s)
Minseok

I unlock my phone and open the message.

---------------------
To: Aya
From: Minseok

Do you have some 
time to talk? I hope
I'm not bothering you
right now.

Sent: 8:02pm
----------------------

----------------------
To: Minseok
From: Aya

No you're not. 
What's up? Is 
something wrong?

Sent: 8:03pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya
From: Minseok

I wanted to talk to
someone and you 
came to mind.

Can I rant to my 
dear friend?

Sent: 8:04pm
------------------------

"Does your hand ever cramp up? From all that writing?"

"Not anymore. I'm pretty used to it by now."

"Huh, interesting. I feel like my hand would be in a constant state of being cramped. So how many notebooks do you go through?"

"In a week? About three or four. I make sure to keep at least two in my bag. " I wrote before pulling out two more notepads from my bag.

"Wow, that's a lot. It must cost a lot after a while, right?"

I shook my head in response before I wrote again on the notepad.

"Nah, it's free. Provided by my therapist/hospital."

"Therapist? Hospital?"

"Long story, but because of the way I am..."

"What way? You seem perfectly normal to me," he smiled.

Before I could respond, he lightly tugged on my arm, pulling me closer to a convenience store.

"I randomly had the urge to eat some ice cream. Want some?"

A puzzled look filled my face.

"Ice cream? You can't tell me you never had ice cream..."

I followed him into the convenience store and we headed towards the refrigerator and freezer aisle. Minseok stopped in front of a stand up freezer and opened the latch. He pulled out two Melona bars and held one up to my face.

"Ice cream?"

I quickly scribbled down words into my notepad and showed it to him.

"Oh whatever you said, I've tried that before. I just can't ever remember the word for it. It escapes me everytime. Yeah sure!"

He headed towards the cash register and set the two Melona bars down. He began to reach for his wallet until I stopped him.

"No I got this. I want to buy this for my dear friend. My treat..." He responds.

------------------------
To: Minseok
From: Aya

Of course. What's on
your mind?

Sent: 8:06pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya 
From: Minseok

Our upcoming 
concert.

Sent: 8:08pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Minseok
From: Aya

What about it? 
Are the preparations 
going well?

Sent: 8:09pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya
From: Minseok

I guess, but here's the thing:

There's a lot more pressure on us to stay and concentrate hard on our concert. But it's definitely gotten harder after some of our members left.

Sent: 8:15pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya
From: Minseok

No one really likes to talk about it. But it's been hard on everyone.

As the oldest, I feel like I should be there for them and be able to help them share their burdens. But sometimes it gets hard for me too.

I just miss them all.

Sent: 8:15pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Minseok
From: Aya

I see. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. 
No one's strong all the time. 
While you're sharing your members' burdens, who's sharing yours?

It's okay.

Sent: 8:16pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya
From: Minseok

You're right. I guess that's why I'm talking to you now. :)

I miss our trainee days, when we would hope each other about being about to debut and stand on the stage all together.

We're able to do it now, but it's not the same.

Sent: 8:18pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Minseok 
From: Aya

I don't know what happened/went down in your group, but I feel like you should use that as inspiration to work hard. Being on stage together. Keep those dreams and that vision alive.

I'm sure your other members, the ones who left, think about you guys too. They probably miss being on stage as one too.

You've worked so hard up to this point just to get discouraged. I believe you can do this. You gotta push on. For yourself, your group, and your fans. But ultimately for yourself.

Sent: 8:22pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya
From: Minseok

Thank you. Really, 
I mean it.

Sent: 8:26pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Minseok
From: Aya

No problem. 
Just doing what I can.

Sent: 8:27pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya
From: Minseok

:) 
Okay, enough about me. 
How was your day?

Sent: 8:28pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Minseok
From: Aya

It was good. Worked in the cafe. 
Normal day but a bit tiring.

Sent: 8:30pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya
From: Minseok

If we could, we should totally switch jobs. 
I would love to work in a cafe.

Sent: 8:32pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Minseok
From: Aya

Oh I dunno if I could live that idol life haha

Sent: 8:33pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Aya 
From: Minseok

I don't even know if I could live this idol life haha.

Well I'll let you go, since you've had a long day.

Good night!

Sent: 8:35pm
------------------------

------------------------
To: Minseok
From: Aya

Good night! :3

Sent: 8:36pm
------------------------


Author's Note:

Look theBlackGurl, I updated! haha I love when you guys ask me when I'm going to update next.

 

 

HAHAHAAH

But really, it keeps me motivated and lets me know that you all like the story.

Question(s) for my dearest readers:

 - What do you guys like about the story?

 - What do you want/hope to happen next?

Let me know!

Don't forget to comment, upvote, and subscribe!

 

----

OH I almost forgot to post this:

Click if you love Xiumin

heh.