3.

Aphasia
AyaXiumin

3. 

An hour passes by and it is time for me to get off of work. I serve my last customer their order of hot chocolate and macaroons, before heading off to the back room to change my clothes. I walk over to my locker, pull my regular clothes out and walk over to the bathroom. After I finish changing, I walk behind the counter and tap Grandpa on the shoulder. He turns around and smiles at me.

"Oh Aya-yah, you're getting off?" I smile and nod.

"Okay, be careful out there. It's very cold, don't get sick, alright?" I nod, once again and wave before Grandma randomly appears in front of me.

"Wait wait. I have something for you," Grandma pulls me to the side. She turns around and shuffles around the counter and into the kitchen. Moments later, she comes through the curtains, holding a box shaped container, wrapped in an orange cloth.

"Here take this. It is some of the leftover bread and some side dishes I saved for you. You look like you are losing weight. Don't skip meals, you hear me?" I nod in response and take the container from her.

"Okay, you can go now, Aya. I'll see you tomorrow... You all worry me.," Grandma trails off as she walks back into the kitchen.

I make my way towards the front door, waving to both Hyun and Won as they sweep around the tables, carefully avoiding the present customers. Opening the door, the chill air greets me as the wind blows, causing my hair to flutter around my face. I shiver.

I wish it was slightly warmer...

I sigh.

As I walk away from the door, a dark figure rushes past me, knocking me back against the glass window. A loud bang echos from the container crashing against the window. The figure pauses, resting its hand on the door handle and looks over to me. They let go of the handle and pull me off the window.

"Oh I'm so sorry..I was just in a rush.. You're the girl who I ordered from, right?"

It is the guy from earlier..

I stare back at him, before I slowly nod as confirmation.

"Right... Um well, have you seen a wallet somewhere in there? I think I dropped it on the floor," he replies. I shake my head, put down the container, and reach into my bag, for a miniature steno notebook and a pen.

"I don't think I saw it.... Do you need help looking for it?"

"Yes, please.. It's very important." I nod, place the notebook back into my bag and pick up the container and follow him inside the shop. The door chimes and Won looks up from the table.

"Welco- Oh it's Aya.. Why are you back?" I point towards the man.

"OH, ohhhh... I see. Continue," Won smirks and I turn around to look where the man had went. He is crouched down under the table where he sat, hours before. I walk over and begin to look as well.

"It is black with white stitching and has the initials, 'K.M.' marked in the bottom, right corner," he sighs.

"Manager is going to kill me," he mumbles to himself.

"Manager?" I think.

I turn around and see the wallet tucked behind a garden plant. I pick it up and hand it to him.

"Oh? You found it? Thank you very much... What is your name? ... If you don't mind me asking?"

"AYA! I mean.. her name is Aya," Won says from two tables away.

I can't with him..

"Your name is Aya?" I nod. "Xiu-Minseok. My name is Minseok. Thank you for helping me find my wallet, Aya, and I'll be sure to come back here soon." He pauses before he smiles and walks out the coffee shop.

"I knew you weren't going to tell him your name, so I did it for you. You're welcome," Won winks. I let out a loud sigh before walking back outside.

So his name is Minseok?

I carefully make my way down the icy sidewalks to the bus stop, to wait for the 1209 bus. The bus arrives ten minutes later and I board the bus, finding a seat in the back, next to the window. The bus bobs and weaves through the Seoul traffic, navigating its way through the busy streets. As we approach as a quieter street, I pull on the cord, telling the bus driver to come to a stop at the nearest bus station.

Moments later, the bus stops and I walk off, heading to the left, up the street, towards the stores with bright, neon signs. Two minutes later, I make a right into this small office space, to be greeted by a small, young lady, who appears to be in her late twenties, with short, auburn hair, sitting behind a desk.

"Aya, it's nice to see you. You have an appointment for today?" I nod and sit down on the couch, several feet from the secretary's desk.

"Dr. Choi will be with you soon. She has a patient in there... Speaking of, they should've finished five minutes ago... I wonder what is taking so long?" The door opens and out comes, a middle aged man, followed by Dr. Choi. She turns to him.

"Talk to Yoon Mi here and schedule your next appointment, which should be in the next two weeks. Okay? I'll see you then. Take care." She looks over to the couch and see me.

"Aya, you're here. On time, like always. Follow me." I follow her into the back room that is arranged in a comfy, tiny office room, with a couch, a chair, on the opposite side of it and a desk in the corner, next to the window. I sit down on the couch, placing the container, next to me and I slip my jacket off. Dr. Choi sits in the chair with a notepad in her hand.

"So how have you been since your last visit?"

I reach for my notepad and pen from my bag to reply.

"Good. I guess."

"You guess?"

"Yeah, nothing has really changed."

"Okay, that sounds good. Did anything good or bad happen today?"

"No, not really.. Well, there was this new customer who came to the shop today and I had to cover Hyun for a moment as he went to the bathroom and he seemed to taken aback while I wrote to him on my notepad. After he left, he came back because he left his wallet in there and I helped him. And then, he told me his name, which is Minseok and I think he's going to come back to the shop sometime soon.. But besides that not really."

"Hmm, so this Minseok guy, was he nice to you? Did he treat you badly because you didn't speak?"

"No, he was just momentarily shocked, but he seemed to get over it a little faster than other people would."

"That sounds good. He seems different. Like a good person, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I guess.. For some strange reason, Won thinks I like him, when I barely know this guy."

"From the way I see it, Won just wants to see you with someone and for you to be happy."

"Ehh. I'm happy, sort of.."

"..Sort of?"

"You know things could be better, like sleeping a whole night's sleep without worrying about nightmares and stuff.."

"Right nightmares, I wanted to talk to you about that. Did you have them again?"

"Yeah, sadly..."

"And your parent were in them like the last times?"

"Yes."

"Has anything changed from last time? Can you tell me about it?"

"It started off with..."


Author's Note:

I updated! ^^ Oh do you guys like the story poster? I doo! The girl I had in mind for Aya is a Martinique model named Melodie Monrose..

 

Her smile kinda reminds me of After School's Nana haha... So how is everyone's summer going? Name one memorable thing that you did or happened. Comment below! 

 
Coffee Shop Xiumin ^^