20.

Aphasia
AyaXiumin

20.

MEOW!

Startled by the sound, Minseok jumps back against the stove, barely missing the handle of the Alfredo sauce. Alii runs into the gap between Minseok and I and commences to paw away at his feet, trying to push him even further onto the stove.

ALII!

“Um Aya…” Minseok begins to say, with signs of panic in his voice.

I hastily pick up Alii from his feet. While in my arms, Alii meows again before leaping out of my arms, running towards the couch.

“Gosh, she scared me,” Minseok gasps as he rests a hand on his chest. He closes his eyes for a moment before looking at my face, trying to read my expression.

Dang it Alii…

“Err… ummm, the stain is gone?” Minseok nervously chuckles while scratching his neck. He quickly turns around to face the pan and begins to aimlessly stir the sauce.

Uhh….

An awkward silence fills the air.

Fix this Aya!

I tap Minseok on the shoulder, causing him to look over his shoulder at me. I point towards the pasta and raise an eyebrow.

“Oh yeah, the pasta. I guess we should eat now right?”

I walk around him to the dining table and take the two plates that were set up. Placing them both on the counter, I distribute the pasta onto the plates and Minseok scoops the right amount of sauce on both of them.

“Let me,” Minseok gestures as he picks up both of the plates and neatly places them down on the table, one across the other. I grab my notepad and pencil before heading to the table. Both of us sit down and begin to eat. After Minseok’s second bite, he pauses and looks up from his plate.

“Aya…about earlier,” He begins to say until the ringtone of his cellphone interrupts him.

“Excuse me,” he mumbles before picking up the call.

“Yeah, Junmyeon-ah?”

“But does it have to be now?” He glances over to me. I pretend to focus on my pasta, slipping pieces of mushrooms and shrimp into my mouth. A long sigh escapes his mouth and he runs his hand through his hair.

“Alright, I’ll be there,” Minseok sighs again and hangs up the phone.

“I’m assuming you have to go?” I write.

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that,” he says getting up from his seat. He picks up his plate, but I stop him and gesture that it’s okay.

“I’m really sorry Aya… I guess we can have that wine sometime later, right?”

I nod and smile in response. He turns to head to the door and before exiting, he quickly flashes a smile and closes the door behind him. A sigh escapes my lips and I close my eyes for a moment.

What was he going to say earlier?

Earlier… he almost kissed me…if only... ugh ALII!

“Alii! Where are you? You have some explaining to do!” I exclaim, looking around for Alii’s tiny frame. A tiny beep emits from the coffee table, signaling a voice message had reached my cell phone. Pausing the kitty hunt for a moment, I walk over to my coffee table and pick up the cell phone.

Voice Message (1)

I press on the message notification and hold the phone up to my ears.

Aya dear, It’s your Grandpa. Don’t forget to come by the house tomorrow; it’s your parent’s death anniversary. You have to help Grandma prepare the food, okay? See you tomorrow.

 

Tomorrow is April 11th. The day my parents died.


Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter. I needed the filler before the next chapter. It's gonna be a little long :3 

Y'all don't comment no mo.. 

Did I do something wrong??!?!? TELL ME! 

...I'll just go now...