Final

Something Gained

Five Years Later ~

 

"How is she?" ZiFan asked his husband, who came out of their daughter's nursery quietly. Chanhyun gave the shorter a smile before hugging is spouse and kissed the top of his head.

 

"She's finally asleep." ZiFan smiled and got out of his husbands' embrace, turning around to go to the kitchen to make lunch for the two of them.

 

Things have been a little rocky for the both of them ever since the lose of their first daughter. Their relationship was still on the brink of ending because Chanhyun had a second relapse, forcing himself to go back into rehab but in a different country and not having his phone with him for eight months. ZiFan was depressed when he couldn't hear his boyfriend's soothing voice to say goodnight or say good morning.

 

Chanhyun hated himself for going through another relapse. He promised himself, his parents, and most importantly ZiFan but he broke the promise and had to leave the country to go to America for eight months and live with his uncle during that period of time. He was thankful that both of his uncles helped him through the time.

 

There were some nights that he would wake up in cold sweat, holding onto the sides of his head, and crying his heart out when he felt like he had enough of everything and wanted to go back to Korea. His uncle, BaekBeom, and other uncle, JongDeok, made sure that he was always comfortable during those nights and never left his side because they wanted him to know that they were there for him and will never leave him.

 

During the time that Chanhyun was in America, he learnt how to take care of himself and others. His uncles had a ten month old baby boy and they trusted Chanhyun with the child when they were at work. Chanhyun didn't trust himself at first but when BaekBeom said that JongDeok trusted him even if his life depended on it, made Chanhyun feel better.

 

ZiFan was doing a little better during that time. He was getting better little by little everyday, which made his parents and brothers feel better about the state that ZiFan was in. There were nights that ZiFan couldn't sleep and would stay up the whole night, just holding crying to himself about the death of his little girl.

 

YiFan and ZiTao were aware that ZiFan had those nights, so they started taking him to therapy to try help him get through the past and start looking at the future. Therapy has helped ZiFan alot and he could only thank his parents for forcing him in that office.

 

Yin and Liu have still been the trouble twins that ZiFan has grown to love but they were growing up to fast and started to upset ZiFan because they won't be babies anymore.

 

Yin already has a crush an a certain boy in his class named KyungIn. When he told his brother the name of the boy, ZiFan froze. Yin asked his brother what was wrong and ZiFan told the older twin that KyungIn is Jongsoo's little brother. Yin was happy about it but ZiFan was a tad nervous. He didn't want his little brother to get in the stuff that he was in, but he knew KyungIn and that little boy would probably stay on the right path instead of the wrong.

 

Liu has also developed a little crush on a girl in their class named Ciara. Her family was from America but they moved to Korea for her father's job. She had dirty blonde hair with the typical blue eyes. ZiFan has met her but her Korean was a little bit choppy, so he talked to her mom and offered for her to come by their house, so Liu could help her. Ever since then, those two have been best friends and ZiFan could almost smell love in the air with his brother.

 

Jongsoo and JongSeok have had a rocky relationship. Jongsoo didn't tell his boyfriend that he was pregnant, but when he was seven months his water broke and decided to call JongSeok while he was on his way to the hospital. Yes, JongSeok was furious that Jongsoo would hide something this big from him, but when he saw his Jongsoo holding their child, all of the anger vanished and was replaced with pure happiness and joy.

 

Kang and Zhuang helped  ZiFan through the time that Chanhyun was away. They were at the house every day with their child. At first, ZiFan was upset that they had a child and they had happiness but as time went on, he stopped caring about himself and started to care about everyone else around him.

 

It was about two years when Chanhyun came back from America, he asked for ZiFan's hand in marriage. Of course the younger was crying, his nose running, and probably looked like a ugly mess but to Chanhyun, he was always beautiful.

 

They had their daughter a year after they were married and both ZiFan and Chanhyun cried their eyes out when the doctor told them the gender of the child when she was born. The doctor didn't ask any questions because he was ZiFan's doctor when he had to break the news about the miscarriage of their first daughter, so for them to conceive another daughter also brought tears to the doctor's eyes.

 

Chanhyun wanted to name their daughter Mai but ZiFan wanted to name her Kira. After much deliberating, they decided to name her Kira Mai Park.

 

ZiTao and YiFan wanted to watch their granddaughter first, but Baekhyun and Chanyeol wanted her too. ZiFan and Chanhyun thought it was hilarious that both of their parents were acting like immature children over their first grandchild, that in the end they both decided that they would have to go to the house to see Kira. ZiTao and Baekhyun thought it was un fair but Chanyeol and YiFan were fine with the whole thing because it's not their child but their children's child.

 

"What time do we have to be at your parents?" Chanhyun asked as he wrapped his arms around ZiFan's waist and kissed his neck. ZiFan squirmed at the touch, making Chanhyun chuckled before kissing the shorter's temple.

 

"In an hour. That's why I wanted Kira to get some sleep before we had to go." ZiFan responded after he gave his husband a ham sandwich while ZiFan had the same. "We have to leave a little early because I promised that we would pick up Yin and Liu from my grandparents."

 

"Why aren't they coming? It is your mom and dad's wedding anniversary." ZiFan sighed and finished his sandwich. "You ate like you haven't eaten in days." ZiFan rolled his eyes and hit Chanhyun's shoulder lightly.

 

"They're not coming because my grandpa can't move around anymore. The tumor spread to his spine, so the doctors are worried that if he moves around alot, he'll hurt himself. So he's in a wheelchair now and his surgery is in two weeks." Chanhyun frowned at the new found information. He knew that ZiFan was close to his grandfather and having something like this happening in his life was hurting ZiFan everytime his grandma gave him new updates on his grandpa's health. "Can you dress Kira and get her bag ready?" Chanhyun nodded and kissed ZiFan's lips before heading to the nursery.

 

Once he stepped foot in there, he saw his princess wide awake and clapping her hands when she saw her father coming close to her. He smiled at his two year old daughter, picked her up, and started to change her in the dress that ZiFan picked out for her to wear today.

 

"Baba," he chuckled at Kira's Chinese after giving her a kiss on the forehead. She looked so much like ZiFan that Chanhyun was jealous as to how he got beautiful people in his life. "Baba. Mama."

 

"Mama is teaching you more Chinese isn't he?" She gigled in respones, making Chanhyun chuckle. "But you have to learn Korean too because you live in Korea."

 

"Maybe she wants to learn Chinese more than Korean," ZiFan stated as he walked in the room with her pink bag and started to put her belongings in the bag.

 

"Maybe if you start teaching her Korean, she won't be confused while we are talking." ZiFan rolled his eyes and picked up his daughter while sticking out his tounge at Chanhyun. "Still the immature person I've always loved."

 

 

 

After they picked up Liu and Yin, the car ride was silent and they all enjoyed it. The silence was always common between ZiFan and Chanhyun because no words needed to be exchanged with each other. They knew that they both loved each other and nothing had to be said to one another to show love. ZiFan looked in the back seat and saw Yin resting his head on the window and listening to music while Liu was probably texting his girlfriend and Kira was asleep.

 

"Do you know who else is going to be there?" Chanhyun asked while he kept his attention to the road.

 

"I know for a fact Jongsoo, JongSeok, Kang, Zhuang and their children will be there and also Uncle YiXing, Uncle JunMyeon, JongIn, and Kyungsoo. I also believe that my dad's parents will be there too but not positive." Chanhyun put his hand on ZiFan's knee and started to rub cicrles on the younger's kneecap.

 

"Ciara is going to be there too." Liu informed. "And so is KyungIn." ZiFan thanked his little brother before looking at him and gave him a slight smile.

 

"Everything okay?" Liu looked at his older brother and nodded. "You sure?" Liu gave another nod and put his head on Yin's shoulder after the older twin switched position's and was now resting his head on the headrest.

 

"I swear if they weren't twins, they would be dating." Chanhyun joked, making ZiFan laugh at the stupid joke.

 

 

Once they got to the house, Chanhyun made sure that he got his princess out, meaning ZiFan, before getting his other princess. ZiFan had his brothers help them with Kira's bag and their luagge, making the two complain but stopping when ZiFan said that he had blackmail on the both of them if they don't help.

 

"Mom, dad!" ZiFan yelled out when he walked in the house with his husband and brothers. ZiTao ran to his older child and engulfed him in a bone crushing hug.

 

"How are you? Are you eating? Is Chanhyun taking care of you? How's the baby? Chanhyun how are you?" ZiTao started to spit out questions and neither of them had time to respond to them.

 

"Hey ZiFan," the said boy smiled when his dad came in the living room and gave him a hug and kissing the top of his head. "Chanhyun." He father gave ZiFan's husband a handshake after he broke the hug.

 

"Mama," Kira stretched her arms out towards ZiFan and he took his daughter out of Chanhyun's arms and into his.

 

 

"Happy anniversary!" Everyone screeched while holding a glass of wine or beer.

 

"Jongmin is a little stinker." Jongsoo told ZiFan. Jongsoo, ZiFan, and Kang were sitting on the porch, just talking about how their lives have been and catching up on the little things.

 

"When are you going to move back here. There's always apartments for rent." Kang complained to ZiFan, who chuckled and shook his head while looking out into the night.

 

"Chanhyun's buisness is doing better than he expected, so we don't know. We both do want to move back but we don't know when." Jongsoo sighed while Kang puffed air out.

 

"Must to live in the city," Kang commented and ZiFan chuckled before agreeing.

 

 

The party lasted a few more hours until everyone left. ZiFan and Chanhyun decided to stay for a few days because they both missed their families and wanted Kira to spend as much time with her grandparents. Ciara and KyungIn also stayed, but both of them had to share the guest bedroom because ZiTao and YiFan did not trust their two son's and get their lovers pregnant. They did not need a repeat of what happened to ZiFan and Chanhyun.

 

"Night, mom." ZiFan kissed his mother's cheek before walking upstairs to his room and saw his husband with his daughter, laying on her stomach while Chanhyun was rubbing her back. ZiFan got on the bed and laid his head on his husband's shoulder, ready to call it a night.

 

"Tired?" Chanhyun got a hum in response and he only chuckled. "Let me put her in the crib." ZiFan nodded and laid his head on the pillow and waited until he felt the big dip on the bed and an arm wrapping over his body, bringing him close to the one that he always loves. "Night baby, I love you."

 

"Love you too," ZiFan could honestly say that his life was perfect.


A/N:

Done! I am done!!!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

I had so much fun writing this story along with the original that it is sad to have the sequel done :(

Comment, UpVote <3