Familiar

Pinky Promise [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before leaving the house, Mira remembered that Mrs. Oh had told both her and Sehun that they had to pick up Jae from his class immediately so they could celebrate his birthday together. 

Right, we can't be late... She thought to herself.

Holding Jae's hand and Sehun following behind them, the three of them were reaching Jae's school. It was really beautiful during the summer, despite the heat. Everything was already in full bloom, the skies were clear, and everyone was always out enjoying what was left of summer. 

Walking past a row of flowers, Jae let go of Mira's hand which frightened her, thinking he may run off. Her heart calmed down when she saw Jae squatting next to a flowerbed, admiring the beautiful colors and fragrance of the flowers. It was a moment later when her younger brother picked a pink flower and ran back to his older sister.

"Noona, a pretty flower for you," Jae said as he handed the flower to Mira, a cute smile surfacing his lips.

"Thank you, baby. It's really pretty," Mira gladly accepted the flower and put it behind her right ear, giving a smile back to her brother. The three of them finally reached Jae's school and bid him farewell before they started heading towards their own school. Thankfully, their school wasn't far - maybe a couple blocks away from Jae's school. 

"So, have you figured out what you're going to get Jae for his birthday?" Mira asked as she turned her head towards Sehun. As he thought for a while, she interrupted his train of thought and answered confidently, "Maybe I'll get him more toy cars for him to play with. Not entirely sure yet..." 

"Bubble tea." 

His sudden and simple answer made Mira scoff and roll her eyes.

"Bubble tea? Really Sehun? He gets that all the time already though."

"So? At least I know he'll like it!" Sehun joked around and laughed at his own humor.

"Dummy." Mira shook her head but couldn't resist a smile. It didn't take long before they reached their school.

Another day at school, but she found it bearable, considering that she gets to dance almost half of the time. It was the only time that she could have fun and express her feelings, without having to worry what people may think.

It was a the start of her senior year, as well as for Sehun. It has been almost a month since they were brought into the school officially as seniors and they were already longing to break out and graduate.

Reaching the front doors of the school, Sehun and Mira were exposed to hallway filed with students. 

"Alright, see ya later, squirt!" Sehun ruffled Mira's hair before he waved her goodbye.

"See ya," Mira answered bitterly as she fixed her hair and nodded her head, not sure whether or not Sehun saw. Trying to squeeze her way through, she finally found a hole and took that as a chance to get out of the sea of students trying to get to their own lockers. She finally got out and headed towards her locker.

"Geez, I can never get used to this," she recalled and rolled her eyes. "One more year, Mira. Just one more year."

Pulling out her necessities, she started heading for her first class in a fast pace, not wanting to get caught in the pool of students, but it was then that she accidentally bumped into a figure a little too hard, forcing herself to stumble to the side and drop her books and notebook.

"—Ooof!"

"Ahh, I'm so sorry! I should've watched where I was going..." Mira stood straight and bowed down, apologetically. The other person bent down to pick up Mira's belongings. Mira, who was embarrassed kept her gaze on the floor but noticed that it was a guy with blonde hair who she bumped into.

After picking up all her things, the guy handed them back to her. "Ah! Sorry again!" 

"It's alright, just watch where you're going next time," he replied back with an emotionless and serious tone, making Mira wonder if he was mad. She was already embarrassed, she didn't want to cause a scene with him.

She said her last thanks and apologies to the person before continuing her way towards her class. She didn't get to see his face clearly because she was too ashamed to look up and hopefully he didn't see her face. It would be embarrassing if he remembered her, but she eventually brushed the issue aside.

Watching the girl scurry off down the hallway, the guy watched her before she disappeared. 

"Sheesh. People seriously need to calm down and stop being in a rush to get to class or else like this happens," he muttered to himself, while rubbing the spot on his arm where the girl bumped him. Strong force from such a petite girl, he thought. Reminds me of a certain someone I once knew... 

The blonde-haired guy walked away from the spot he was standing and nonchalantly put his hands into his pockets as he walked towards his class. 

I wonder how they're doing... It's been so long.

 

 

"Alright class, make sure you read pages 14 and 15 before filling out your worksheet! Make sure to leave no blank spaces - See you guys tomorrow!" The teacher repeated once more right before the second bell rang, signaling that it was finally lunch break.

Students had no desire to stay any longer inside of the classroom, for everyone dispersed out the classroom doors in about two seconds max. But there was one student who stayed behind and took their time. After gathering his belongings, he headed out the classroom and walked down the filled hallways towards his locker.

Once he reached the locker, he opened his locker only to be surprised by a note which had fallen to the ground. Squatting to pick it up, he soon sighed before unfolding the piece of paper. Another one...

 

Kai, 

♡ I know this may seem sudden, but I like you and I think you're a really amazing guy. You seem cool, funny, and you're really handsome.

I'd really like to go out on a date with you sometime. Sorry to make you feel uncomfortable..

No matter what your answer may be, don't worry. I'll understand. Thank you for reading this and for maybe giving me a chance!

You can find me outside in front of the school, under the big tree with autumn-colored leaves.

Lee Miyoung (from Bio class)

 

It wasn't the first time a girl he didn't even know or barely knew has confessed to him or asked him out on a date. What shocked him the most was that these girls assumed too much.

What if he's not whom they think he is?

They don't know how he is. They don't know what he's like. They don't know his true nature. All they see is a handsome male who acts cool around everyone. They don't know his background, his past, his story, or why he's the person he is today.

Sure, two people can hangout and get to know each other, but without knowing his story, girls immediately can say with ease that they like him and that's what surprises him.

He never liked these situations.

One, because he didn't even know the person and they randomly bombard him with a confession letter; two, because he seems like the bad guy if he rejects them; and three, he's never been interested in the girls at his school. Not because they weren't beautiful or to his liking. There were many beautiful girls around school, he's got to admit.

But none of them has really stuck out to him. None have really caught his eye. Plus most of them were blind to the real world.

Most girls are similar – even though they have so much potential and worth, these girls constantly fall for guys who either only want them for their body or turn out to be total jerks. Usually the guys who truly care for girls and are willing to sacrifice anything in order to make a girl happy, are the guys who are usually rejected and ignored. 

But what right does he have to judge these people and to judge how love works? He's never been in love. He's unacquainted with love.

He's had crushes and a couple of ex-girlfriends in the past, but none where he could say that he was in love with them. Thinking about it, he's never liked someone to the extent where he can actually say he loved them.

He got hurt in the past before. Not because of love, but of another incident and it did change his view on people. It molded him into a quiet, cold person– he couldn't make new friends and it was hard for him to trust other people. He only cared about the friends he has now and his family.

He distanced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter