Normal Day?

Pinky Promise [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a normal day like any other day. The sun was shining, the warm rays felt good on her skin, and the smell was great– Wait, what?

"Omigod, pancakes..."

Clumsy and recently turned seventeen year old, Park Mira, was awoken by the smell of blueberry pancakes and maple syrup– a scent that filled the whole house with its sweet and fruity fragrance on a breezy, summer day; which was definitely rare, odd enough. That could only mean one thing.

It was definitely Jae's birthday. Her younger brother was turning 6 years old, which made the girl feel a tad old after thinking about it. Her parents only cooked "special" pancakes on special days.

Just like her birthday in May, her parents made a big deal out of making strawberry pancakes with white chocolate chips, which were her absolute favorite kind of pancakes. She knew that being eleven years apart from Jae would always remain permanent and the same, but now that he was able to attend a regular elementary school, she couldn't resist the urge to feel proud yet worried.

She was not ready to let her little brother go and watch him grow up, but it was definitely something she wanted to witness and take part of especially since she's become like a second mother-figure in Jae's life.

She glanced at her alarm clock and managed to read the time "7:03 AM" – perfect timing.

Mira swiftly threw on a sweatshirt after changing out of her sweatpants and into some shorts, almost tripping over her chair. She looked in the mirror on her vanity table and felt disgusted after seeing her own reflection. Not a surprise.

"Ewww, gross," she cursed at the dry drool stain that was left on the corner of that dragged across her cheek. Mira wiped it away with a tissue before brushing out her hair. "Mira, you are a mess. Shake my head."

She also cursed at her long hair for always being tangled and out of place whenever she woke up. Having long, semi-wavy hair was both a blessing and a curse– when it's wet, her hair is wavy. But because of the length and weight of her hair, it eventually straightens out. Tying her hair up into a messy bun, Mira walked to her bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face.

After, she quietly but swiftly ran past Jae's bedroom and towards Sehun's room, which was at the end of the hallway.

Reaching his door, she barged into his room, not caring how he may look or what he may have been doing, and closed his door quietly behind her. Luckily, he was still sleeping and was dressed. Usually he slept shirtless, especially during the summer.

Mira poked Sehun's arm continuously, but earned no response from the boy. "Sehun," She called out, now poking him on his cheeks, "Sehun... Sehuuun... SEHUN!"

The boy finally woke up with big eyes, propped himself on his elbows, and saw Mira next to his bed just staring at him.

"Huh? W-what? What happened? Are you okay? Did something happen?" He asked, still half-asleep and confused as to why she was i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter