Truth Over Dare

Pinky Promise [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the guys left to pick up their belongings, Mira plopped herself on the couch while Sehun took the seat next to her. Chanyeol ended up leaving with the others and decided to just sit in the trunk because the thought of him walking around the house with no underwear was an image that no one wanted to witness, so he unwillingly agreed to grab some extra clothes.

Sehun stared at Mira attentively, "Are you okay with this? Well, I guess there's no point in asking now since they're all comi–"

"It's whatever."

She was so quick to answer and she sounded agitated that it worried Sehun. "A-Are you mad?" This time she wasn't so fast to answer, but that didn't stop Sehun from worrying. It took her awhile before she spoke up again.

"Mm, not mad, surprisingly. Just– confused?" She pouted, then pulled her legs up and crossed them. "I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from, but it just seems so... Weird. So fast. Really confusing."

Sehun sighed and slumped in his seat, "No, I know what you mean. Even for me, it feels so surreal."

Mira glanced at her brother and her best friend before asking a heartfelt question, "Are you happy, Sehun?" This question surprised Sehun and it made him turn his head, but a second later he laid his head back and gazed up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, I guess I am," he confessed, "But just like you, I feel confused at times and it feels weird. These are people who I considered as my best friends– my brothers. From not speaking for how many years and finally getting the nerve to talk to each other? It makes me wonder why I stopped talking to them and why I never got the balls to speak to them again. It's finally our final year in high school and I feel like we could've done so much more together, but... happens, right?"

Taking it to the heart, Mira felt guilty and believed it was all because of her. "' happens', huh? '' as in, me? As in, the that happened with my mother? My father? Jae and I moving in with you? Am I the reason why? Because after all that happened, you stopped talking to everyone just to be there for me and then all of the sudden, your parents decided to move away for awhile."

Sehun realized he just dug himself into his own hole. Appalled and feeling sorry for not choosing better words, Sehun was quick to deny it. "No, of course not! Oh my god, Mira, what I meant was– oh god." Sehun panicked and didn't want her to feel like he was blaming her, so he took Mira's face in his hands and stared softly into her eyes.

"Listen to me. What happened to you is not something I look down on. Yes, I hate how it happened to you guys, but I don't blame you guys for what happened and I don't see you guys as ' happens'. No one wanted your mother to leave and no one wanted your father to leave. I'm so sorry for my poor choice of words, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry." Sehun felt like an for saying what he said and he hoped Mira could forgive him.

Nodding her head, she cracked a tiny smile. "It's okay, I know what you mean... I think. Life doesn't always give you what you want. I wish it did though. If it could, I would wish this never happen. That my mom– and my dad– at least I was blessed to still have Jae. And you. And Ma and Pa. My unexpected blessings."

This made Sehun smile sincerely, but still felt a minor pain in his heart. Mira has always been so strong, especially towards Jae. He wasn't old enough to understand all that happened and as time passed, he continued to grow up without really knowing what happened. 

He truly hates how this happened to the two, but it definitely made his and her's relationship a lot stronger. Sehun will always see Mira as his sister and Jae as his brother. "How about you, are you happy?" Sehun asked and challenged her to answer, unsure of what her response will be.

Mira remained silent for awhile that Sehun had to glance at her to see if she had fallen asleep, but noticed that she was focusing really hard on the floor in front of her. Wondering if dropping the subject would be the right thing to do, he shifted in his seat to a more comfortable position and was about to say something, but Mira beat him to it.

"I'm adjusting. They definitely make life a lot more entertaining but it's just not something I'm used to, you know?"

Sehun nodded and kept silent.

"It's so much people to take in and I'm happy I finally have friends other than you, Soo, and Yeolie. They do make me happy though."

"Are you saying you were bored with me, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo before you met them, then?" Sehun asked daringly, as he showed off a playful pout.

"Yes," Mira joked and recieved a soft shove from Sehun. 

"Pabo."

"Hey, you know I love you... Oppa."

Sehun cringed at the word and Mira knew he hated being called that by her, which is why she dared to say it.

"Oh god, please stop now. I'm leaving."

The two laughed it out as they shared this rare sentimental moment together. It was a huge thanks to Sehun that she's still alive and sane right now. It it weren't for him, she'd be lost. Amidst their moment, their laughs covered the sound of the advancing footsteps that were heading their way, that they were shocked by Jae's presence when he stood in front of them and it was almost as if they had seen a ghost.

Sehun jumped in his seat like a little girl, which made Mira burst out in laughter. "Jae— What the hel– I mean— Why are you awake?" It was close to ten and their little brother was awake.

"Noona... Hyung... I'm hungry," Jae mumbled sleepily, rubbing his eyes. Sehun chuckled and stood up before taking Jae in his arms, who quickly fell asleep again.

"I'll go ahead and make him a sandwich. Don't worry," Sehun suggested to Mira, which she was grateful for, then faded into the kitchen with the sleepy kid in his arms. She pulled her legs up to her chest and hugged them as she leaned against the arm of the couch.

Bored and seeing that waiting was her only option for now, Mira closed her eyes and allowed herself to rest, in which she eventually fell asleep on the couch.

 

A little girl appeared in front of Mira while a little boy was seen in the distance standing in the mist, as if he was waiting for something or for someone. His head spun around slowly and his face became noticable. "Mi...mi?"

The voice said the name slowly and it slurred. Mira froze in shock but noticed the little girl running up to the little boy.

Is that supposed to be me? 

Nothing of the little girl resembled anything of Mira, except maybe the same colored hair and same nickname, but Mira could barely make out her face.

The young boy struggled and tried his best not to jump in joy and mouthed "Mimi," but this time no sound came out of his mouth. Just the movement of his lips were clear and obvious of what he was saying. But as the girl got closer to him, Mira noticed that sorrow and desperation began to fill the boy's eyes and it becomes a horrifying sight to see.

The mist that once surrounded the young children now executes its plan to swallow up the screaming, yet inaudible boy while the little girl started to disappear little by little, starting with her feet. There was nothing to do except to watch and stand down. Or was there?

"There must be something I can do. If only I can get closer..." Mira sprinted longingly to the young children but she wasn't getting anywhere. The faster she ran, the farther they seemed. She couldn't– no– more like she wouldn't allow them to disappear, but it was no use as she continued to run faster and pretty soon, seconds seemed like minutes.

The two children were almost gone, both with only their top halves visible now and they both reached out to each other with anxious and desperate looks on their faces. 

Mira couldn't do anything except to watch the children fade from existence.

'Don't leave me,' was what she read from the boy's lips. She was sure of it. 

'I won't,' said the little girl. 'I promise.'

And in a matter of seconds, the two disappeared and there was nothing but a painful memory left for Mira to endure.

After squirming in her sleep and with beads of sweat rolling down her face, Mira's eyes flashed open and took a look at reality, or what she gravely hoped was reality. 

"Sehun?!" Mira was out of breath and called out to her brother for reassurance. Emerging from the kitchen with a sandwich in his hand and Jae standing next to him, Sehun was confused why Mira was yelling.

"Uh, yeah?" 

Mira's gaze showed desperation and a longing for her brother which Sehun was quick to notice and approached Mira's side with Jae following. "Mira?! What's wrong? Why are you sweating profusely? You are seriously drenched in your sweat. Okay, calm down first. Breathe in– good, now breathe out."

Sehun's hands graciously followed the movement of his chest everytime he inhaled and exhaled while Mira closed her eyes, mirroring Sehun. No one said anything for awhile and even if Sehun was itching to ask Mira what was wrong, he didn't want to push it. Now that she was calm and wiping the sweat off her forehead, Sehun couldn't help but worry. 

"Noona? Are you okay?" The younger boy asked, obvious that he knew something was up. Mira fetched up just enough energy to give him a smile, but it faltered shortly after. "Yes, honey. Just a nightmare."

Mira didn't miss the sight of Sehun's body tense up a little before he knitted his eyebrows. It was too awkward for her to look him straight in his eyes right now, so she focused her attention on Jae. 

"Um, I'm just going to take a shower real quick. I'll be back," Mira scooted herself off the couch and fled up the stairs, straight into her room, and closed the door after her. Sehun kept his eyes locked on Mira up until she closed her door and wondered what could've been in her dream that made her jumpy, but one thing was certain and he didn't doubt it once...

Whether if she said it unconsciously or not, he heard what she said. There was no mistake; the mention of his name sent tiny chills down his back. 

Refreshed and wrapped only in her towel, Mira stared up at her ceiling while she sat on her bed. Not even caring how cold she was after emerging from the shower, her mind was already numb from the nightmare. This dream was a lot different than the others that she's had; and it frightened her completely.

There were sudden knocks on the front door downstairs, making it known that someone was back. The sound of the front door opening was soon followed by familiar voices– voices that woke up Mira from her deep thinking.

After she changed into more comfortable clothes, she brushed her hair and moisturized the hell out of her face. The harsh winter air has been cruel against her skin lately, so more reason to add a little more moisturizer. Staring at her reflection, she cursed out loud after seeing her dark eye bags.

". I look like poop and there are a bunch of guys downstairs, in my house." She eyed her make-up placed on her vanity and considered putting make-up on, even if it's just mascara. Giving in, she grabbed her mascara bottle and powder to apply them to her bare face. She only applied minimal amounts of each, but even a little can make a big difference to someone's appearance.

"Welp, better get this night over with already," Mira did some last finishing touches and decided it was best to go downstairs to join everyone.

She noticed Jae's bedroom door closed and assumed he fell back to sleep. She took a look over the stair railing. It looked like a hotel; there were so many bags and one big luggage. They're only staying for one night, why do they need so much bags?

"Mira!" She barely reached the bottom step of the stairs before a big pair of arms wrapped around her to give her a hug. "I missed you! Did you miss me?"

"Of course I did. I always do," Mira replied sarcastically with a smile as she hugged the big giant back. Chanyeol released her and ruffled her wet hair which annoyed her. "Hey! My hair is still wet and it's more susceptible to get tangled!" But Chanyeol just chuckled in return.

She plopped herself on one of the couches, combing her hair with her fingers that Chanyeol thankfully has just messed up. It wasn't until Baekhyun coughed that Mira noticed the others were emerging from the kitchen, all changed in sweats and plain t-shirts. The sight made Mira blush and she hoped desperately that no one would notice. Although they were scrubby, they looked hot.

Just then, she caught Sehun's eyes and she saw the concern he had in his eyes. She knew he was dying to ask what was wrong. She knew he wanted to know what caused her so much pain. She knew he wanted to help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter