Friends

Pinky Promise [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Score!"

"That's not fair. You cheated!"

Kris snorted. "It's not cheating when I'm really that good."

Dripping in sweat, despite it being a rather chilly day, Suho and Kris decided to play ball at the nearest basketball court located in a park close by Kris' apartment. Once again, Kris' height was a total advantage in today's festivities while Suho had to suffer with the continuous losses.

Suho felt it rewarding to tip the water bottle up while Kris was in mid-drink mode which caused the water to spill out more than Kris had anticipated.

"You d*ck! What was that for?!" Kris was coughing violently, not even being able to glare at his friend like he had wanted to.

"A little congratulatory gift from me to you," Suho smiled before taking a sip from his own bottle, but was unable to get a taste because Kris decided to get revenge as he tipped Suho's bottle up. This time it was Suho's turn to cough while Kris had the time of his life laughing at his friend.

"You're such a d*ck."

"What goes around, comes around, my friend," Kris replied confidently.

"Whatever. Hey, are you hungry? Let's get something to eat," Suho pulled off his sweaty shirt to replace it with a clean, white tee before he continued wiping off his sweat.

Kris nodded. "Sure, what did you want to eat? My treat this time."

"Nice, thanks dude! Hm... How about..." Suho gazed off into the distance and looked like he had a million choices in his head and was having a hard time choosing, but he already had one place in mind. "Let's get some kimchi fried rice! I know a place that I've read has amazing rice!"

"Alright, I can go for some of that. Let's go?"

Suho nodded and they both picked up their bags as they walked over to the car. Suho input the address into his phone and waited for the map and directions to pop up. The place where he wanted to go was only 20 minutes away, fortunately, because now they were finally realizing how hungry they were.

"Oh, it's near the Oh's restaurant? We should visit them after we eat," Kris suggested as they pulled up to an available parking space across the Oh's shop.

Suho smiled at the thought of Mira, the girl who was still a mystery in his eyes. "Why don't we visit them now before we eat since we're already here?"

Kris shrugged and found it to make sense and thought it was convenient to do it now since Suho didn't tell him how far the restaurant was or even the name of it. Leading the way, Kris wasn't surprised to see that there was already a lengthy line when they entered the shop.

Ever since the first time Mira's friends helped at the restaurant, more teenagers have begun to occupy the seats and booths of their restaurant. It seemed as if it had become an ongoing and stable job for them because there have been times the week before where he's seen the guys come all together to his store wearing white button ups and black bottoms.

To confirm his findings, Mira's friend– who he believed was named Baekhyun– popped up beside Kris a little too stealthily that it made Kris' heart skip a beat, but it seemed to have gone unnoticed by the other male.

"Hey! It's the boba guy! Kris, right?" Baekhyun stood there with his hand out to Kris. Kris immediately shook it with spirit. "That's right! And correct me if I'm wrong, but you're... Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun smiled bigger to hear Kris' guess to be correct and nodded. Kris silently fist pumped in his head like the dork he is. Baekhyun now turned to Suho with the same smile plastered in his face. "And you– you're Suho! The one who texts Mira a lot now."

"Huh? Now you're texting Mira? What the hell, even I don't have her number! I only have Sehun's!" Kris replied with a hint of defeat in his voice.

Suho tried to play it off and explained how he got her number when he met her at the park. "Ah, don't misunderstand, dude! I sometimes text her to see how she's doing, that's all."

"But I read one of your texts and it read something about having din–"

"OKAY, I think you have to get back to work now, right?" Suho practically jumped forward to cover Baekhyun's mouth to prevent him from saying any more things that could possibly embarrass him. Baekhyun stared back at Suho with widened eyes, wondering what exactly was happening until he finally registered the look in Suho's eyes.

Baekhyun nodded and played along, sensing that saying any more would hurt Suho's pride. "Ah, yes. I'll get going now. I'll tell Mira to come say hi when I see her. See you guys later!" After Baekhyun left, Suho turned to face Kris, who was silently judging him with his arms crossed.

"What are you trying to do? Didn't I warn you about Mira and her friends? Especially her friends?"

"What?" Suho shrugged. "Baekhyun seemed nice."

"It's not just Baekhyun who you should be worried about. It's all of them together. And don't forget about her brother, Sehun."

"For being brother and sister, they don't look alike. Are you sure one of them isn't adopted or something?"

Frustrated and annoyed, Kris let out a deep sigh and pinched his nose bridge. How can one be so nosy and clueless? And it just had to be his friend, who was actually a 4.0 GPA student. What were the odds?

"Next! Oh– Hey, Kris. Hey, Suho. Table for two?" Chanyeol's usual happy-toned voice sounded drained today, but still kept a smile on his face.

"Ah, no. Just here to say hel–"

"Yes please! Table for two, thank you!" Suho interrupted immediately after Kris barely started. Confused, Kris shot Suho a look.

Suho instinctively rubbed his neck and chuckled nervously. "You see... The place that I read about the kimchi fried rice was here, but I didn't realize it until we were halfway here."

"You didn't notice the name of the restaurant?" Kris asked sarcastically.

"Obviously not," Suho retorted back and did a face at Kris.

In an instant, Chanyeol managed to perk up a little and agreed with Suho's words. "He's right! The kimchi fried rice here is especially yummy! Sehun's dad whisks up some killer rice! His own recipe too. I highly recommend it. They started selling it last week and it has been in high demand lately."

Kris had to admit– their words did sound pretty convincing and he already knew how great of a cook Mr. Oh was. "Alright, I've been craving for some rice ever since Suho mentioned it earlier, anyways. At least we know the food here is always high quality!"

"Great!" Chanyeol smiled. "I'll have one of our people to you guys in just a moment."

As they waited, the two were trying to find Mira but weren't having any luck. They were beginning to wonder if she even came in or if she had fallen sick. But Baekhyun mentioned that if he saw her, he would tell her to come say hi. But still, they didn't see her at all.

"Table for two– oh, you two."

Startled to hear someone speak up, they both noticed Kai with a neutral expression instead of Kyungsoo. "I'm surprised to see you guys here. Would you like a booth or a regular table?"

"Ah, either is fine, thank you." Suho smiled politely.

Kai bowed slightly and signaled to them to follow. The awkward vibe Kai was giving them was noticed by Kris but he couldn't think of anything that they could've done to make him feel bitter towards them and assumed that it was just because he was truly surprised and nervous to see them here.

"Is Mira here?" Kris asked.

"The last time I saw her, she was helping out at the bar area. But that was about ten minutes ago," Kai replied, a lot less coldly this time.

As they took a seat, Kai smiled lethargically and retreated to the back to grab them some drinks and the sides. When he returned, he handed them their drinks and took their order before going back to the kitchen to give their orders.

Their food didn't take that long to make and their dishes were out within ten to fifteen minutes tops, despite the rice being a high-demand item on the menu. "Wow, that was a lot faster than I thought it was going to take. The service is great, don't you think?"

Suho smiled genuinely. "Definitely. Eat up!"

Halfway through their dishes, Kris concluded that Mira had probably gone home early or had something to do with Jae. He managed to get Baekhyun's attention by flagging him down and asked if Mira was working.

"Ah, sorry Kris, but you guys just missed her about five minutes ago. I finally found her in the back and I was going to tell her about you guys, but she was already changed into regular clothes and looked like she was in a hurry. All she said to me was that she would see us later after work, but she didn't say what she was doing or where she was going and then she left. I think it had something to do with her little brother and an appointment." Baekhyun gave them an apologetic smile but felt bad he was unable to let her know.

"It's alright, I'll just text her later and let her know we stopped by to eat," Kris said.

"What? I thought you said you didn't have your number?!" Flabbergasted, Suho nearly choked on his water, yet again.

"Of course, I have her number. Our families are close and I've known her for a few years now. I'm so disappointed in you, man. I expected you to be fast in catching on," Kris snorted.

"You thought you were special for a moment there just because you thought you were the only one had her number, huh?" Baekhyun joked, making Suho's sad face to appear.

"Wow, you guys are terrible. I move here from a different country and get picked on because I don't know anything. Haters..."

"I moved from a different country and still kept in touch with you. That's why I'm so disappointed in you," Kris shook his head in disapproval while Baekhyun snickered at Kris' comments and while Suho hid his face behind his hands from the mild embarrassment.

Baekhyun surprisingly raised his hand first to give a high five to Kris, which Suho caught a glimpse of. So much for being 'nice'– he's a prankster like Kris. Baekhyun offered to get boxes for the remaining food on the table and after the two packed up their food, Kris paid for their food like he promised, and then they genuinely thanked everyone for their help and hard work before leaving.

"Alright, where to now? My apartment so I can school you once again in video games?" Kris teased as they both got into Suho's car.

"Sure. But I can only stay for a little. I have to meet someone later," Suho said as he started the car and made his way towards Kris' place.

"Really? Who?"

"A relative, I guess you can say?"

"Hm." Kris couldn't think of anyone that Suho could possibly meet up with. Both of his parents live back in the States and the only two people he knows for sure who live in Korea were his grandparents. "Alright then. Hurry and drive faster so I can at least beat you in two games."

Kris' laugh was so contagious and obnoxious, Suho was trying so hard not to laugh too. "You're horrible, you know that?"

 

"Their food came out pretty fast. Were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter