Connections II

Pinky Promise [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was not another update. Many may have seen the two updates, but all I did was fix a chapter because I accidentally deleted it. Oops :-)

It wasn't difficult trying to find Kai and the others. When Sehun finally agreed and took the initiative to search for his friends, he surprsingly found them on the front porch upon opening the front door– and just like what Mira said, Kai didn't look worked up or angry like he did just a few moments ago. The poor fellow was sitting on the edge of the porch, knees up against his chest with his head leaning on his knees. The three other males looked up to see who had emerged from inside.

Sehun exchanged mutual looks with the others and they nodded as they moved to the side, allowing Sehun to sit next to Kai.

Without having to look up, Kai already knew who it was and instinctively, he spoke up to express his feelings. "Sehun, I'm sorry. That was uncalled for and I never intended on hurting Mira. I know I have to apologize to her too. My actions and words were not acceptable."

"I know. And Mira knows too," Sehun said bluntly. "She was the one who practically begged me to chase after you and check up on you. Not saying that what you said was alright; that was pretty harsh dude, especially when you mentioned how it was as if she was dead."

Kai winced and was highly disappointed at himself. He was probably one more scolding away from actually crying. Letting him know that they were still there to comfort him, Baekhyun rubbed Kai's back to comfort him. Kai acknowledged his friend's help and nodded.

"I know. I know... I wish I could take it back. That was the most horrible thing anyone could say, especially considering how fragile she already is after her own mother's death."

"True. But she still cares for you, even though you acted like a total ," Sehun nudged Kai and managed to let out a chuckle.

"And that's why I feel even more of an ." Kai dug his face into his hands.

"At least you're a cute ," Tao barged into the conversation out of nowhere, making everyone crack up at Tao's sudden remark. "'At least you're a cute '? Seriously Tao, who says that? I can't even–" Baekhyun shook his head in embarrassment. He sometimes wondered why he was even friends with them. Although he knew it was mainly because they were all similar and could relate to each other– they were all each a part of him.

"But when I think about it, she handled it rather well back there. If I were her, I'd be scared of Kai now," Baekhyun admitted in all seriousness and complimented the girl's condition, especially after seeing how careless and heartless Kai had become back there.

"Seriously! You turned into a monster back there, dude," Chen backed up Baekhyun's word, only to receive a glare from Kai. He already knew he was wrong; he didn't need his friends to bash him even more, although, it was eye-opening to see what they thought too. He couldn't blame them.

Sehun shrugged and thought more of it. "She did. But she's been through worse. Losing someone permanently and having no way to bring them back is much more painful than having someone spit out hurtful words at you just because they're mad, right? Those words you said moments ago, I know they weren't from your heart. But rather rooted from your anger and your pain."

Seeing that he was right, Kai nodded but that didn't mean he believed his words were nothing to her. He knew it must've hit her in her soft spot, whether it be big or small. There was an impact and Kai would never be able to forgive himself.

"And since she's been through so much pain, it made her to become more understanding and patient. She once hated her father, but now she believes that if she were to see him, that she would forgive him. She understood his position at the time of her mother's accident and she wouldn't have wanted to be a big burden to her father. I don't think we give her enough credit. She's a strong, little squirt." Sehun let out a small chuckle and a sigh followed right after.

A moment passed as they settled down and soon enough, silence filled the winter air as they all just sat on the porch looking at the stars despite the cold temperature. "Aish, it's getting really cold. My nose keeps running, let's go inside, yeah?" Sehun offered and was the first one to stand up. He offered his hands towards the others and helped them up. Kai was the last and when he offered his hand, Kai just remained in his place.

"I don't know if I can face Mira right now. Even if she doesn't hate me right now, I hate myself and I don't deserve any forgiveness," Kai mumbled freely, arms wrapped around his legs. Sehun sighed and bent down beside him.

"You don't have to do this to yourself. She knows what you said weren't really what you meant and I know that you know that you didn't mean most of those things. She understand how hurt and lost you must feel, because she feels the same, and that's why she understands why you reacted the way you did. At this moment, we just have to remain strong and put trust and faith into ourselves and Mira."

Damn you, Sehun. You've always been a wise cookie. Everything you say always has to make sense. Unlike me...

Kai slowly nodded and stood up, nervous to even face Mira right now. If he was correct, she's probably still in her room. Probably crying her heart out from all the heartless and horrible things he said to her. And it was a surprising turn of events that Sehun didn't scold him or kick his , but instead was genuinely caring and understanding. Words couldn't express how much he felt grateful towards his friends.

As Sehun opened the door, he entered the house with the others right behind him and they melted when the warm atmosphere touched their bodies. "Oh my god, how the hell did we even survive one second out there?! It feels so wonderful inside," Baekhyun exclaimed a little too loudly that Sehun had to smack him on the arm and remind him that his parents and Jae were already asleep. Baekhyun winced and apologized.

They all jumped on the couches to relax as they took in the warm ambience.

"Oh, you guys are back already?" Chanyeol peeked out of the kitchen and came walking towards them with a bowl of a dark-brown substance inside.

"Yeah, this knucklehead wasn't that difficult to track down," Sehun playfully nudged Kai's side, earning small smiles from both parties, although Kai still felt uneasy and nervous.

"That's good! We weren't expecting you for another 15 minutes or so, to be honest. But it's okay! The more, the merrier! And faster." Chanyeol added. "We're making brownies and hot chocolate for everyone. Once you're warm, come and help, yeah?" Chanyeol continued to whisk the brown substance and grinned gleefully.

"Wait, Mira is in there too?" Kai asked nervously.

Chanyeol nodded excitedly. "Yeah! C'mon, she's waiting for you! Don't be nervous, it's just Mira. She wouldn't hurt a fly," he said then winked at Kai.

Somehow Chanyeol's response and wink didn't feel reassuring, considering how strong-willed Mira is but agreed to follow them. They all entered the kitchen and it looked like it was Santa's Workshop– there was flour upon the counters, chocolate chips spilt on both the floors and counter-tops, and the whole place was a mess.

The smell of chocolate filled the whole room. It was enough to make the boys' mouths water.

Kai caught a glance of Mira who was cracking eggs in another bowl to prepare for another batch. He tried hard to avoid her gaze and didn't want his presence to be noticeable just yet.

But that didn't stop Chanyeol. Actually, nothing ever stops that big elf.

"Mimi! They're back! And I found Kai!" Chanyeol reached behind the other guys and found Kai's wrist before pulling him forward to the front.

Kai wanted to mentally and physically punch Chanyeol in the face for being so carefree and bold, but he knew he couldn't. She looked up from what she was doing and locked eyes with a nervous and guilty Kai. He was expecting to see her hurt or distressed, but a moment after they locked eyes, she gave him the most cheesiest smile he has ever seen from her and that was enough to make Kai melt inside.

He felt even more guilty. Was she fighting it? What if she's just putting on a mask? He had to put those thoughts aside because at the same time, he could feel her sincerity and he could sense from her eyes that she really was fine.

"Great!" She cheered. "Now you guys can help us!"

Seeing that her hands were dirty from cracking the eggs, she couldn't grab hold of Kai, but instead linked arms with him and dragged him along to her 'work place'. The others split up and helped with whatever Chanyeol and Kyungsoo needed, although working under working Kyungsoo was like working with the devil in the kitchen– if you make one tiny mistake or mess up the measurements, he'll bark at you and make you restart.

Kai carefully watched Mira's every movement and didn't want to do anything to mess up or make her uncomfortable. She asked Kai to reach for a whisk in one of the drawers near the fridge and he obediently listened to her command. Mira showed him how to hold the whisk and how to break the egg yolk. 

"Nice, looking good so far! Now for you, put in the chocolate mix and some oil, and then you can try whisking it! Haha, whisking it– like, risking it. Try 'risking it'– hahaha!" Mira laughed at her own joke and as cute and funny she was, Kai couldn't even crack a smile.

"Mira?"

"Hm?"

"I'm sorr–"

"Say 'ah' and open wide!" Mira said and popped a few chocolate chips into Kai's mouth, which he chewed favorably. White chocolate was his weakness. Did she remember that too? Or was this just a coincidence?

"Good, right?" Mira popped some chocolate chips into as well and another big smile grew on her face. "Mmm, my favorite!"

Kai finally let out a tiny chuckle and quietly agreed, "Me too." Kai thought he was imagining things but he swore he saw Mira crack a smile again after he said that, which made him wonder if she knew more than she said. He wanted to know if she remembered, but he was in no position to ask. Not right now, anyway. She went around the kitchen and offered to the others the same white chocolate chips. They all listened and opened their mouths while she threw some into their mouths.

"Me too, Mimi! Feed me!" The prince, Tao, smiled and was excited to be fed by Mira. He opened his mouth and when she threw some chips into his mouth, he smiled like a little girl meeting his first crush and his cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"Tsk, you flirt," Chen teased the other male, but when it was his turn to receive Mira's gift, Chen tried his best to avoid showing his bashful smile and he turned pink himself, only to make Tao back. "Haha, you're even more pink than I was! Chen is blushing! Chen is bl–"

"Shut up, you overgrown toad!" Chen covered Tao's mouth but Tao easily got out of Chen's grasp and easily caught him in a position that Chen was in no way able to get out. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

Mira and the others laughed at their quarrel and Tao let him off the hook. "Yeah, that's right you, under-grown foot fungus."

This made everyone crack up even more. "Seriously, Tao! The things you say!" Baekhyun pointed out but he, himself, couldn't stop laughing.

For the next hour, the group spent their time baking and messing around. They even Facetimed Luhan and Lay for awhile to brag about how much fun they were all having, but still reassured the two that they missed them. When the brownies were down, they let it sit on the stove to cool down as they drank their hot chocolates. Everyone laughed at Tao's chocolate mustache, Sehun's water spill on his pants (again), and even Kyungsoo who was 'drunk' off chocolate. They forgot how crazy and uncontrollable Kyungsoo could get when he devours chocolate.

And that night was full of chocolate. As time continued to creep forward, it was already a little past midnight when Sehun realized the time. They were having too much fun that they didn't even know time passed by, which was a good distraction for all of them. It was almost as if the previous incident never happened. Almost.

"What? It's already almost 12:30!? We should sleep early! I think my parents will make us work again later today. Sorry in advance," Sehun bowed his head and apologized to his friends, but they all waved it off.

"Are you kidding me? Despite having to do so much, working at your family's restaurant was fun! I don't remember the last time I had that much fun!" Chen exclaimed and that immediately cheered up Sehun. Everyone else seemed to agree. Even Mira nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Well, I guess we should clean up the kitchen and call it a night then. Job well done, my minions," Kyungsoo praised his friends and clapped for reassurance, but his praise was cut short when Chanyeol playfully jumped the shorter latter and covered his mouth from behind. "Yah! Minions?! What do you mean minions?!"

Kyungsoo found it impossible to get out of the taller elf's grasp without retaliating so he acted and bent his knee back up with a force that it scared Chanyeol and made him jump off Kyungsoo in a quickness. Chanyeol looked terrified and was now holding his 'precious cargo' like as if they were his life's earnings. "Don't you dar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter