Ninth

All That I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It may be true that when you were happy, you felt indestructible. In fact, no tons of paperwork could take away that smile plastered on my face since I went to work.  It had been two days after Yonghwa’s confession and I was still ecstatic knowing that the man I treasured the most, liked me back. The only thing that left me doubtful was Jonghyun’s reaction if he’ll know about his sister and bestfriend’s new relationship status.  Sooyoung and Yoona were both busy with their respective assignments so I wasn’t able to talk to them as well. Unlike Jonghyun, I knew they will be happy for me.  

I sighed before continuing to look at some documents sent by KIA. The meeting with Park Shinhye was also set next week. I was actually not excited in seeing her in person.  I didn’t know her real self but I was not expecting a good scene. Yonghwa told me that Shinhye already knew about his feelings with me. Hell hath no fury for scorn woman.  My thoughts halted when Mina peeped in.

“Director Lee, do you have a minute?”

“Ne. Come in.”

Mina walked in. She had been working as my secretary/assistant for three years already. I got no problem with her. She was very efficient and reliable all the time. Plus, she got a happy aura, making her an endearing person in the whole department. Just that, she was unfortunately and luckily, off-limits. She had been dating Lee Jaejin, the bassist of Korean band FT Island, for five years already.

“What is it, Mina~ssi?”

“Mr. Kim, KIA Motor’s representative, called a while ago. He said Park Shinhye~ssi wanted to discuss the project over dinner. “

“She sure is demanding.” I whispered to myself. I looked at Mina. “Did you check my schedule?”

“Ne, Director. You’ll be available Tuesday night next week.”

“Great. Tell them I agreed to her request.”

“Director, can I say something?”

“What is it?”

“I’ve heard Park Shinhye is really a bit primadonna.”

“Is that a warning, Mina~ssi?” I asked playfully.

Mina bit her lower lip before nodding. I chuckled and leaned back on the swivel chair. “I can be y too, you know.” I said which earned a laugh from her.

“Fighting, Director!”

“Ahrasseo. You can back to your work now. And please call Sooyoung~ssi for some updates about the venue and other stuff.”

“Ne.”

Minutes after Mina left, my phone rang. I quickly took the call as soon as I saw who was calling.

“Oppa!”

“Are you that excited to talk to me?”

“Boo. You and your big ego, daaaaaaarling.”

Yonghwa laughed on the other line. “Are you busy?”

“Honestly? Yes. “

“Ditch your work, Love. Be with me today.”

“What a nice advice from a business tycoon.”

“Work vs. you? I can afford to be poor but not to be lonely without you.”

“Sweet talker. I bet you have lots of work today too.”

I heard him sighing. “I miss you already.”

“Nado, oppa.”

“So, see me right now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter