Four

All That I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Alarm clock had been ringing non-stop. I was about to snatch it and slam it on the wall when a call stopped me.  I grumbled and said hello gruffly.  A teasing whistle greeted me from the other line.

“Looks like someone woke up in the wrong side of her bed. But wait, maybe I interrupted something? Who is it, pumpkin?”

“Drop it, Kwon Boa. For the love of God, I was sleeping!”

“Easy, my sweet pea. I just need to be sure that you’re going to my wedding this Sunday.”

I froze. I couldn’t tell her I forgot about it. We were busy meeting our deadlines in the office and plotting on how to get rid of my ity. Obviously, the latter wasn’t successful. I should read blogs about it instead.  How pathetic, Lee Seohyun.

“Seohyun~ah?”

“Eonni, you know that I wouldn’t miss it.” I bit my lip for lying. It’s true that I wouldn’t miss my cousin’s wedding but I actually forgot it. It was still a crime committed.

“Good to hear that. Now, I want to ask about your date.”

“I can go with my friend.”

“Boring. You should bring a hot y man instead, pumpkin.”

“And be asked by aunts and uncles and cousins where and when did we meet? Or if we believed that we met by fate? No, thanks.”

I heard Boa sighed on the other line. “Ahra. Just be beautiful and y on that day.”

“When was I not?”

“Arse.” I laughed and we bid goodbye after few minutes of catching up. Boa had been closed to me ever since. Maybe because my other female cousins had been staying abroad and we definitely the ones who were left in Korea.  Aside from that, she was engaged to Yonghwa’s cousin, Jung Yunho. Boa’s parents, especially her father, didn’t want her boyfriend for her. Yunho was a notorious playboy  and he even dated a married woman during his junior year. But he changed when he met  Boa. From a manwhore to a one-woman man.  Everyone saw it including her parents so later on, they agreed to their relationship.

I lied on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I in romance. I didn’t have any idea if I’ll be able to get that fairy tale some lucky women experienced.  I lazily got up and strode toward the bathroom.  Another long day ahead.

**

I wore a white chiffon pleated knit dress paired with black stilettos. I let my hair down. Simple watch and small cut diamond earrings added on my get-up. Minutes later, I was already driving my white Mercedes Benz along the streets of Seoul. Our main office was located in Gangnam. We offered our services to different companies, most likely the big ones.  Being the creative director required a lot of time. But my whole team had been with me through thick and thin. We were closing a deal with a beverage company this week so I needed to focus on that. It was a big account so we didn’t have time to slack off.  My phone beeped for a message.

Jonghyun: Yonghwa went to see you first. How did it go?

I picked my headset and decided to call him instead. He answered after two rings.

“Are you trying to ask if we became friendly again or extra friendly?”

“I was expecting a warm welcome but not the warmest one.”

“You know you should stop over thinking about us.”

“Should I, little sister?”

“ off, Lee Jonghyun.”

“Alright, don’t get catty and all. I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter