Seven

All That I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yonghwa tried calling for many times but I didn’t take them. I was clearly avoiding him. If he was really committed or dating that woman, then there would be no reason for me to continue liking him. I needed to stop. Life went on. Wonguen was a perfect gentleman though. I realized he was going along my pace and I liked it. He knew I needed time to think before entering a relationship. The work was a bit hectic too. We had previous transaction with KIA Motors before with a concept from the company itself. Two days ago, she received a call from their director that the model would want to meet me personally to suggest her own ideas.  Actually, it wasn’t good news. Models, especially the high-end ones could demand something like that but the fact that I already knew who she was, made me a bit hesitant. I didn’t want to face this sooner; the woman Yonghwa was allegedly dating. My thoughts were interrupted with a message from Yoona.

I know this would be a bit too much right now but can I take a leave for a week? I have important things to deal with. Please Seohyun~ah.

I sighed. After that morning with a talk about my brother, Yoona seemed preoccupied just like me. I didn’t bother her since I needed time for myself too. But I knew her like a real sister. She was dealing with something that was taking her concentration, unfortunately, maybe her peace of mind. I couldn’t figure out the problem and I hoped it was nothing about her family, more or less about her impending betrothal. After sending my response, I started focusing on the papers in front of me. Sure thing, I was really busy.

**

My mother told me before that a good man should have a positive attitude. And people around couldn’t help but to be infected and have fun around him. I started seeing that to Wongeun. I must have not noticed this when we were still in college for I was completely worrying how to nail and win the debate competition we used to join.  

A while ago he invited me for a lunch. Instead of going to the usual restaurant, we roamed around the city and ate street food, from odeng, tteokbokki to bungeoppang. It was a new experience for me. We were not that well-off but my parents were definitely protective, as if we will die after eating those dishes.  Then he led me to an ice cream shop though my favorite goguma flavor wasn’t available.  We took the table at the far left side. I laughed when Wongeun made a slurping sound. He stared at me for seconds.

“You look more beautiful when you laugh like that.”

“Geez. I’m always beautiful.” I replied cheekily.

He chuckled and continued eating his ice cream. Then we heard some few teenagers giggling at the table beside us. Their eyes were glued to the television near our seats. Mine grew wide when I noticed it was Yonghwa who was on the news. It featured his recent interview. The interviewer asked about his idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter