I remember

My heart belongs to you

Amber POV

 

Gym was going pretty good for me. Finding out that we were playing basketball today. I was totally pumped. Basketball is my game. I love it. After I left Krystal and Sulli. I joined Minho and Key to a game. Minho was pretty good. It felt like he and I have always been teamed together because we were dominating. Key on the other hand... He was in his own world. The team we went against was good too. I think the name of their best player was Kris. He's pretty good, but he's a ball hog. And there's no I in team. So Minho and I could handle them. I ran down the court while Minho dribbled the ball through players. He passed the ball to me. Kris was guarding me, he tried to steal the ball away but I dribbled around him. Faking another player, I took a jump shot. The ball flew through the air towards the hoop. Making the perfect swoosh into the net. Thats game.

"Nice shot Ambro" minho gave me a high five.

'Ambro?' Never heard that nickname before but alright. "Thanks. We make a good team." I took a sip of my water.

 "Someone call for help!" Minho and I turn the direction to where the cry came from. That sounded like Sulli. It was Sulli. I ran to the crowd of students who swarmed around a body. It looked like a girl, then I realized that it was Krystal. What's going on? This doesnt make sense. She was perfectly fine when we were passing the ball ealier. I noticed that none of the other students were doing anything because they didnt kow what to do. If we wait and not do anything now. Things can get worse. I decided to take action.

"Move over!" I yelled at the students and they backed away. I took a closer look at Krystal.  Sweat was dripping from her forehead, her body was shaking, and she was holding onto her chest. Is she having a heart attack? A seizure? But she's so young."Go get the nurse and tell her to bring some aspirin!" I pointed to two girls . They nodded and ran off.

I turned my attention back to Krystal. I flip her onto her back and place my head on her chest. Her heart was beating abnormally fast. It was then I came to terms that she was having a heart attack. I look at Krystal's face. Her eyes were starting to shut. . I need to act fast. I took her shirt and ripped it open. 

"What are you doing?!?!" Sulli screamed at me. 

"Her chest is tight. I'm only releasing the the pressure." On the outside I was calm but inside I was freaking out. "Now's not the time to panic."

"Not panic?! She might die!!" Tears were forming in her eyes.

"I know what I'm doing. Just calm down." I place my ear next to Krystals mouth to see if shes still breathing. Nothing is happening. My heart is frantically beating. I start to do CPR and pump her chest three times. Nothing. So I continue to do it again.  Still nothing. She cant die! I wipe the sweat from my forehead and do it again. By the third pump. Krystal comes to. Her breathing is shaky but at least she's back. 

"Krystal you need to stay with us" I say to her. "Help should be on their way."

"Amber we got the nurse!" The two girls came back and the nurse handed Krystal the aspirin. Then the paramedics came and lifted krystal in the stretcher. Driving off to the hospital. Once they were out of sight I felt like I could finally breath.

 

Sulli POV

 

What did I just witness? I thought my best friend was going to die. 

"Class I want you all to go change. Class will end early for today." Coach Shindong ordered and he left to inform the principal.

Everyone listened and went to the changing rooms. Right as I was about to leave I saw Amber standing alone. I walk over to him. His face was dazed from the incident that just happend. I grab his arm, he turned to me.

"Thank you." My eyes started to water fom thinking about what if she did die. "Thank you so much for saving her." By then tears came rolling down my face. 

Amber placed his arms around me and patted my back. I cried onto his shoulder. "It's alright. Don't cry. She's going to be okay." 

When I was done crying. We broke from the hug. Even though we literally just met today Im glad he was here.

I sniffed "After school today I'm going to the hospital to check on Krystal. Do you want to come too?"

"Sure" he gave me a reassuring smile.

 

Krystal POV

 

I opened my eyes to find myself starring a a white sealing. Where am I? What happened? That last thing I remember was playing basketball. I hear a beeping sound and look to my left. It's a heart monitor.  I'm in the hospital. Great. I groan as rub my head realizing that I have a bruise fron the basketball that hit me. I wanted to get up but my body felt weak.

 

"Krystal!" I look to Unnie who quickly got up. "Are you okay? Is there pain? Should I get the doctor?" 

"Unnie the only pain I'm having is a headache from all your questions"

"Soojung now's not the time to joke around! It's been four years since your last serious heart attack. You almost died today!" Tears were forming in her eyes. "I almost lost you..." 

"Jess I'm sorry" seeing her cry hurt. I dont want her to cry because of me. She came over to hug me and I hugged her back.

"Krys..." We broke from our hug and I saw Sulli at the door. She rushed over and gave me a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay." 

"Me too." I get the sudden feeling of deja vu.

"How do you feel? Do you remember what happened?" She asked me.

"We were playing basketball. I had a heart attack and I got hit in the head." I thought more about what happened. "Oh and there was a guy."

"You got hit in the head? Wait...What guy?!" Jessica raised her eye brows.

"Its not like that Unnie." Sulli said. "It was-"

*knock*knock

We looked to the door.

"Krystal is nice to see that you've woken up." Dr. Donghae said as he came in.

"Hi Doctor" I greeted. He walked over looking at his clipboard. His face became serious which worried me.

"Whats wrong doctor?" Unnie asked. 

He took a breath. "I was informed that someone was able to help you before you reached the hospital. Luckily that person knew what they were doing and prevented you from dying. Unfortunately like the last incident your condition was getting worse." There was silence.

"Cant you perscribe her something?" Jessica said.

"I'm afraid not. The medication she is taking now is the best that we can do to slow down the process of her deteriorating heart." He looked to me. "I'm sorry Krystal. But until we are able to find a compatable donor. Thats all we can do."

I put my hand on my chest feeling my heartbeat that is now stable. "Doctor...whats will happen to my body? " I think I already know what would happen. I just want him to tell me so that im not wrong.

He took another big sigh. "Your body....I'm sure you started to notice.  If not you will find out soon. But your body is breaking down. Your heart is having a harder time pumping blood. Although youve taken the medication. There will come a time where it wont be able to help. In the next months you will feel weak."

A lump started to form in my throat. "So are you saying I have months?" He nodded. Sulli and Unnie came to hug me and they cried.

"I will leave you guys for a while and comeback." Dr. Donghae left the room.

"Guys dont cry. There's still hope." I hold back my tears trying to stay strong. "I mean. I still have a chance with a heart donor. We just have to wait."

"As if we havent wait enough!" Sulli cried. "Krys youve been waiting for your whole life!" What she said is true. I have been waiting my whole life.

 I smiled at her." I can still wait"

The room went silent again. Dr. Donghae had been gone fore 10 minutes. Sul and unnie had quiet down. We heard another knock and Amber came in.

 

Amber POV

 

I walked into Krystal's room with drinks in my hand. I saw that Krystal, Sulli and a lady, not much older than Krystal, hugging it out. The atmosphere of this room felt really heavy. Did i come in at the wrong time? Should i leave? This is kind of awkward. I only left to get drinks for 15-20 minutes.

*flashback*

right after school Sulli and I went to the hospital to check up on Krystal. I hope shes doing better. When we got to the hospital.  We asked for Krystal's room. After we reached the room I saw another lady sitting on the couch across from where Krystal was sleeping. Maybe its her sister. I saw that Sulli's hand was shaking while holding the door handle. I grabbed her hand giving her a comforting smile." She's okay." She nodded. "Why dont you go in first and I'll go get drinks for you guys."

"Thanks" she smiled at me. 

 *end flashback*

 "Should I come back?" I asked.

"Hi Amber." Krystal greeted me.

"Who's Amber?" The lady said. "Is he the one that hit you in the head with the ball?" She glared at me.

I gulped. "I'm sorry. What?" I dont know why but this lady is kinda scary. 

"Unnie its okay.  Amber is the one who helped Krys." Sulli put a hand on her shoulder. 

"Wait you're the one that helped me?" Krystal asked. I nodded. She chuckled. "Wow I just meet you today and you saved me twice."

"Im sorry but before we go any further who is this?" the lady asked. 

"Unnie this is Amber. I met him today at school. Amber this is Jessica my older sister." Krystal introduced us.

I bowed to her. She looked at me."What do you mean twice?" Going back to her question.

" I was late for class. He took the fall for me. Then when I had my heart attack. Thats twice." She explained.

Jessica noona looked over to me with peircing eyes. Observing me while I stood there avoiding eye contact. "Thank you." I look at her."thank you for saving my baby sister." Her eyes changed and they became sincere. 

"You're welcome ."

Without realizing it. Someone was at the door. "Amber?" 

"Hyung?" 

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I came to visit my classmate Krystal. She had a heart attack earlier today. What are you doing here?" 

"I'm coming back to check on my patient Krystal." He pointed to her.

I look at Krystal and then to hyung. Then everything started to connect in my head. I knew her name was familiar. I remember hyung talking about one of his patients whose name is Krystal. I didn't think it was this Krystal.  This is probably the most craziest day I've ever had.