New Student

My heart belongs to you

Sulli POV

 

When I heard that Krystal forgot her medicine. I kept a close eye on her. After the accident four years ago, Krystal returned to school but she became more quiet and distanced herself from everyone. People would often ask her what's wrong with her, but she didn't say anything. Eventually they gave up on asking and started calling her the ice princess. On the way to class there were many of her fanboys waiting to greet her. Then I saw a boy slowly approach us.

"G-Good morning Krystal-shii." He seemed really nervous about something. I could probably guess why based on what was behind his back.

"Good morning" she replied starring at him. I'm pretty sure she knows where this is going as well as I do.

"I wanted to ask.... If you would go out with me!" He shoved the flowers in her face looking down not giving her eye contact.

Ahhh. I feel really bad for this guy because we all know what the answer is.

"Ha! This loser thinks he has a chance with her." another guy snickered. I looked over and realized that it was none other than kai. I shot him a glare, but he wasn't affected by it and only grinned.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not interested."

He looked at up with dissapointment and his face started to get red. "......Oh....it's okay..... Sorry to bother you" he turned around and quickly walked away with tears in his eyes.

"See I told you. As expected from the infamous ice princess."Jeez this guy is really annoying.

"YAH! Don't you have anything better to do? Why are you all standing here? Go to class!" I screamed at him and the people surrounding us. I think he got scared and ran off. Serves him right. Everyone left and the we sat in silence.

"Hey Krys. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks." She smiled at me.

"Don't mind Kai or anyone else. They don't know anything about you."

"I know Sul. I'm going to the bathroom. I'll meet you in class." She started to walk leaving me behind.

"...Okay.." Even though she smiled. I can tell that it's fake, I see the sadness in her eyes. Krystal isnt a cold person to begin with anyways. It's just that she thinks life would be easier if people didn't know about her condition and for her to be alone. I hope someone will help open her eyes.

 

Krystal POV

When that boy confessed to me I felt bad for rejecting him. But it's like this all the time. Even if I did accept, he would eventually find out and leave me thinking that i'm a burden. And i'm afraid of people leaving me. Which is why I think its best to not be invloved with others. Over time I earned the title ice princess and honestly I don't like it.  I don't want to be known as cold hearted, but I guess that's what I get for shutting people out.

"Umm. Excuse me?" someone tapped my shoulder. I turn around to see a boy who looks about my age. I take take a closer look at him. And I have to admit, he's really handsome. Wait I can't think about that. This is probably another confession.

"I was wondering if-"

"Before you continue your question. My answer is no. Sorry." I quickly cut him off.

"Please, I just need some help." he pleaded.

"Help?" Not a confession...wow I feel dumb now.

"Yeah I need help finding the office. Do you think you could take me there? Or at least give me directions." He must be a new student.

"Sure. I can help." I smiled at him. "Follow me"

"Thank you so much! This school is so huge I thought I would be stuck here forever." His lips broke into a huge smile revealing his perfectly white teeth. We walked in silence through the hallways, and I watched him curiously looking inside the classrooms we pass. Cute. Stop it Krys you just met the guy.

"So where are you from?" I decided to break the silence that way it wasn't awkward anymore.

"I'm from the U.S. I just moved here about a week ago and I'm staying with my cousin."

"Wow the U.S? Your Korean is perfect. I mean you don't even have an accent. Why did you decide to come to Korea?"

"My dad got a job opportunity here, but there some things he needs to finish up with his previous job before he comes here. So he said that i should go ahead and he would come later."

"What about your mom?"

The sound of foot steps stopped. I turn around to se him standing in place in the middle of the hallway with a a blank face. "She passed away minutes after I was born."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."After that we walked in silence again the rest of the way to the office."Here we are."

"Thanks again. I really appreciate it." His face lightens up and he shows a small smile. "I'll see you again. Maybe?"

"Maybe." I turn around with a smile on my face. "Wait I forgot to ask you your name." Too late he's already in the office. Way to go Krys. The whole time you were with him you didn't even ask for his name. Hopefully I will see him again.

*Ding*Ding*Ding

"Crap I'm late for class."

 

Amber POV

 

Knock*Knock*Knock

"Come in."

"Hello Sir."

"You must be Amber Liu. It's nice to meet you." I walk up to the principal and give him a handshake. "I assume you traveled here without any issues? And you are settled at your new home." 

"Ne."

" Good. Before I let you go. I want to remind you that here at SM high we do not tolerate any form of misbehavior" This guy seems serious. The room feels like it got 10 degrees colder.

"Yes sir." I can feel my palms start to sweat. He's really intimidating.

"Good. I will have Ms. Kim take you to class. Enjoy your first day." Ms. Kim and I leave the room and I take one more look at the principal and he smiles at me. We head down the hallway. I can finally feel like I can breath.

"Don't take his words seriously. He only does that to scare the new students." I turn to Ms. Kim who gives me a comforting smile.

"Is that so?" Before I could say anything else we reached the class room. Ms. Kim knocks on the door and we walk in.

"Is there a reason why you are late to class?" I see a teacher scolding a female student. Her head is down so I can't see her face.

"Ahem. Ms. Song?" Ms. Kim interupts her. Both the student and Ms. Song turn to look at us. "You have a new student in your class."

I look at Ms. Song and the student. Who looks our direction but quickly turns away. Her glance was long enough for me to realize that it was the girl who helped me earlier. What was her name? Did I even ask? 

 "I see. Welcome. Please excuse us." She turns her attention back to the girl. And opens to say something but I cut her off.

"Umm. Ms. Song?" She turns to me. "Sorry to interupt you but I can explain why she's late."

"You can?"

"Yes. I got lost on the way to the office and I asked her to help me get there." The girl turns to look at me. I think I saw her smile a bit. And I smiles back.

Ms. Song looks at her "Is this true?" She nods. "Very well then you can take your seat." She tells the girl. "Now why don't you introduce yourself." I turn towards the students. And I heard some girls giggle. 

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Amber Liu. It is nice to meet you all. I just came from America. Please take care of me." Once I finish my introduction. I bow. I hear the students clap and some girls squeal. My first thought of class. This is way different from America.

Krystal POV

 

Ahh I'm late to class. I walk in and find Ms. Song with her arms crossed looking at me. Oh no, here it comes.

"Krystal you know I do not tolerate tardiness." She sternly says to me while my head is down. I nod in response.  "Is there a reason why you are late to class?"

"Ahem. Ms. Song?" Before I could say anything we are interupted by Ms. Kim. I turn to look over and I see that she's not alone but with a student. Oh my god! It's that guy. Ugh.. this is embarrassing. I look away I hope he doesnt notice.

"I see. Welcome. Please excuse us." Ms. Song turns her attention to me. I know she's going to continue.

"Umm. Ms. Song?" What's going on? What is he doing? "Sorr to interupt but I can explain why she's late." He continues.

"You can?" Thank god this guy is here!

"Yes. I got lost on the way to the office and I asked her to help me get there." I look over to him and smile a little bit. I can see him smiling back. Hehe. He looks like a llama.

"Is that true?" Ms. Song looks at me and I nod back to her. "Very well you can take your seat." Yay! I'm free!

I walk over to my seat behind Sulli and he introduces himself. I hear girls whispering and giggling.

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Amber Liu. It is nice you meet you all. I just came from America. Please take care of me." His name is Amber. Nice name.

"What do you think of him Krys?" I turn my attention to Sulli.

"He's nice." I said to her. 

"Uh huh..."

"Well Amber, since you've already met Krystal why dont you sit next to her." Ms. Song said to him.

 

 

Amber POV

 

So her name's Krystal. Why does it sound so familiar to me? 

I take my seat and greet her. "Nice meeting you again." 

"Same to you."

Most of the class we focused on what Ms. Song was teaching. So there was a chance for me to talk to her. After class was over I wanted to ask Krystal if I could join her for lunch. But a huge group of people came hoarding around my desk. They kept asking me qustions left and right. I couldnt wrap my head around it. This is really over whelming and really different.

"Yah!" Our attention turns toward a guy coming in my direction. "Give the guy some space will ya?" The guy said. Everyone backed off and he continued towards me.

"Thanks." I said to him.

"No problem. I used to be like that when I first came here. My name's Henry."

"Amber. Are you from the states too?" I asked him in english.

"No I'm from Canada." He replied. " You want to have lunch? I can introduce you to some of my friends."

"Sure thatd be great." He seems like a cool guy. Maybe he can tell me more about Krystal.