Medicine

My heart belongs to you

Krystal POV

 

As we walk to school. Sulli is talking the entire time while i just listen. Then I realized that I forgot to take my medicine. I mentally facepalm myself. For my whole life I had to take that medicine. And how could I have forgotten. I hope i can go without it and wont have an accident like last time.

*Flashback*

It was my 8th grade sporting event. Sulli and i were warming up for the 100 meter dash.

"Are you sure you want to do this? What if something happens. Did you take your medicine?" She asked with a concerned face during our stretches.

"Sul dont worry about it I'll be fine. Jeez you sound like Sica unnie." Honestly im really nervous because i forgot take my medicine. I just thought that after taking it for my whole life i should be ok for a least a day let alone for a few minutes. Besides Jessica, Sulli already knew about my health and I appreciated that fact that Sulli was concern for me. She's like another sister to me. We've known eachother since 3rd grade and she been with me through everything. Even when my parents past away.

We hear the announcer call our names to the starting line and we take our positions. I still had time to back out but I didnt want people to think that I was a chicken. So I stayed.

"On your mark... Get set.....GO!" The shot was fired and we all bolted forward. My legs were moving so fast i felt like i was running for my life. I looked behind me and saw everyone trailing behind, but Sulli was only milliseconds behind me. I could hear the crowd cheering me on and that made me want to win so i kept pushing myself. I was almost there until my chest started to tighten. I gritted my teeth to fight the pain. As i crossed the line everyone's cheers became louder. I was so happy until the pain started to get worse. I was holding my chest collasping on the ground breathing really hard.

"Krystal are you alright?!" Sulli cried shaking my shoulder. "Help! Someone help!"

"Sul dont worry im fine." I said in a weak voice.  "What's going on?" One of the teachers asked.

"We need to take her to the hospital. She's having a heart attack!" Sulli screamed while tears start rolling down her face.

"Dont cry Sul. I'm fine...." and everything went black.

I wake up in a white room realizing that im in my most favorite place in the world....the hospital....ugh god i hated the hospital. I look around to find Sulli and Jessica unnie sleeping on the couch. I smile at the two. "Unnie." Jessica immediately wakes up with Sulli waking up as well. They both  become teary eyed and rush to hug me tightly.

"Krystal! Oh thank god you're awake!" She sniffed. " I thought I almost lost you"

"I'm sorry unnie. But could you guys let me go. I cant breathe." I heard them chuckle and they released me.

We heard a knock on the door and the doctor came in. "Hi Krystal im Dr. Lee Donghae. How are you feeling?"

"I'm definately feeling a lot better than before."

"That's good to hear" he said while looking at some papers. " Have you been taking your medicine?"

I looked down and shook my head."I forgot today, so I thought I would be okay just this once." Unnie grabbed my hand.

"How's her condition doctor?" Unnie asked.

"As of now she is stable, but..."

"But what?" I asked.

"*sigh* well after this incident it seems that your health is becoming worse. So we will need to do more testing to see how strong your heart is right now."

"Have you been able to find a donor?" Unnie asked.

Dr.Donghae shook his head. " im afraid not, but we will keep searching. Please remember that finding a compatible donor will be difficult."

"When can she be released? Sulli asked.

"We will have her stay here for the rest of the week and then she can go home. But once she's home she must take her medicine and not strain herself during school or anywhere. We might not be so lucky next time...."

"Krys... Krystal...SOOJUNG!" Sulli yelled at me and woke me from my thoughts.

"Huh? what?" I look at her confused.

"Did you hear me? We're here." I look around. I didnt even notice that we made it to the gates of SM High.

 

Sulli POV

 

Even though I talked the whole time on the way to school. I did notice Krystal starring off into space.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked.

"Well not exactly" she replied.

Now im getting a litte worried. "Why what's wrong?" She looks at me.

"I forgot to take my medicine."

"What?!" I compose myself before continuing."We need to go back what if something happens like last time?" Trying to remain calm.

"We are already at school we cant go back. And besides, as long as I dont strain my body. I will be okay" on the outside she looks strong and confident. But I know deep down she's afraid of the possible outcomes.

I give her one more look. "*sigh* okay but please be careful."

"I know." We walk into the building of the school.

Chapter 2 done! I hope you guys are still reading this and do not find it boring. The flashback seemed really long to me. But at least you know what's wrong with krystal. Sorry for the grammar errors.

see you next time!  (Most likely soon since im on vacation) yay!