2 To beat or not to beat...

I hate you yet I love you...

Min Ho sat uncomfortably on the dining chair as Shin Hye glared at him filled with anger while her mother simply giggled finding the entire situation hilarious.  Noticing that her daughter was in rage and was probably was imagining a torturous beating at Min Ho, Mrs. park intervened.

"He didn't mean it Shin Hye-yah... Forget it already... It was Eomma's fault... Eomma didn't point at the right room," she tried to reason with Shin Hye.

"I.. I am very sorry, I didn't know. Cheongmal  yo... " Min Ho apologized sincerely and fearfully. Shin Hye didn't say anything but just kept on glaring at him.  Min Ho tried his hardest to look away as he felt that she was burning a hole on his face. 

"Don't worry Min Ho-ssi... She will cool down in a bit, why don't you watch television at the living room," adviced Mrs. Park to him. "Come. I'll show you where." He slowly stood up and walked with Mrs. Park towards the living room. Once, he reached the living room, he exhaled out a sigh of relieved. Seeing how relieved he was, Mrs. Park smiled knowingly to him. " Gwenchana Min Ho-ssi ... She's a bit like that, I don't know where we went wrong raising her but once you get to know her, she is a wonderful person." Mrs. Park tried to assuringly calm him down.

"N..Neh..." he nodded nervously. He looked for his mobile phone as he wanted so badly to inform his best buddy, Jung Ill Woo of the endeavours that he had just experienced. Then, he remembered that he had probably left his things in Shin Hye's room. "Darn it!" he cussed under his breathe.

"Were you looking for these?" He heard a cold voice. He lifted his gaze and there she was a pretty looking angel in her comfortable house clothes with a sour look on her face. She didn't even make an effort to look presentable nor smile at Min Ho. She wore a baggy basketball shirt And a three quarter pants with a cap on her loosely tied hair.She was handing him a brown paper bag which was probably filled with his things that he left in her room. He took the bag and checked it. Once done checking, he looked up at her again and he nodded confirming that all of his items were available.

She didn't say much after that, Min Ho once again brought himself to watch the television.To his surprise, she just flopped herself next to him sitting comfortably joining him to watch the television. Min Ho felt awkward being with her after what had happened earlier. He sat stiffly straight like a dog next to its owner. Shin Hye stole a glance at Min Ho, she smiled cynically seeing him feeling awkward sitting next to her stiffly. 

*Beep*

Min Ho was startled as his phone received a text. It was his Line contact. An unfamiliar number emerged.

 

"Yah! U wanna die ?!" The person wrote. He had never received such text as his number was actually well protected. That was the first. Min Ho creased his eyebrows as he hadn't a clue to what the threat was for. Therefore, he assumed they had the wrong number. 

"Sorry, I think u've got the wrong number." he replied in a genial manner.

"Nope! I got urs right. You are one erted prick. U'll die if I reveal the story to the media." the person threaten him further and this time adding insultation to his or her line.

He was getting uncomfortable with the incoming texts and in addition to his prior incident which made him wished that the earth would swallow him at that moment or at least having the power to be able to transport from one place to another so that he could be zapped to his home.  He decided to just ignore the text. 

Then seconds after that,

*beep*

" R u ignoring me now?"  The unregistered number re-appeared. This time, Min Ho couldn't hold it anymore.

"I am honestly losing my patience with you and I will report you to the police. I have no idea what you are accusing me of and I'd like you to kindly please stop harrassing me." Shin Hye was looking at him as she could hear him tapping the screen of his phone loudly and aggressively.  He then laid back to the chair seemingly forgetting his troubles as being pressed by the unknown number. He sighed loudly. 'What else could go wrong?' he thought to himself.

Shin hye seeing Min Ho being in distressed carved a wider smile on her face. 

*Beep*

Min Ho checked his text feeling much annoyed as he knew the sender would be an unknown number. 

" Find me later, I am who they called, 'tough cookie'.  The person wrote.

"Whatever!" he hissed under his breathe.

"Sorry?" Shin Hye asked looking at him questioningly.

" N-neh?... Oh it's nothing. " he mumbled keeping his eyes away from her.  He then focused his attention to the television.

"Yadera.. Come and eat." called Shin Hye's mother. Both of them displayed the walk of misery towards the table. As Min Ho did not know where he would be seated, he stood still waiting for instruction while Shin Hye headed to her usual seat. "Min Ho-ssi sits there" which was left to the centre of the table, next to Shin Hye's appa. "Shin Hye yah you sit next to me."

"But Eomma! This is my seat." She protested as she discovered her mother had assigned her seat to Min Ho. 

"Aish... Be nice to our guest, " Her mother widened her eyes.

"Fine! Here! Eat well~" She said angrily to Min Ho. Min Ho walked slowly to her chair but he didn't immediately sit down.

"Ommonim... I.. I feel like, I am a wet blanket here. Y.. you know, I could get my clothes tomorrow. I should just head home." He forced a smile. He felt like a fish out of water at that moment. It was hard when someone was not as welcoming as they are expected to be.

"Omooo... Waegare dear?" She asked not understanding his reaction.

"Yah! My mom prepared a lot to welcome you!" Shin Hye scolded. "You sh..." Her mother immediately stopped her by smacking her arms.

"Ouch.. It hurts Eommaaaa..." Shin Hye admitted. 

"I apologized Min Ho-ssi... She can be like this at times. Anjo dear... Anjo..." She asked Min Ho to sit down. Min Ho obediently sat down and stared blankly at the food on the table. "Eat dear. My husband will be late. I will eat with him later. Your clothes will be ready soon." She said warmly. 

That night Min Ho had the best meal he had ever tasted asides his mother's cooking. He forgot about Shin Hye's hatred towards him, he forgot about the hate crime which he received through the text and he forgot that he was at someone else's home since he felt right at home.  After feeling satisfyingly full from a hearthy meal, Mrs. Park handed him his clothes. This time she asked Shin Hye to guide him to the right room.

"It's here," She said plainly as she opened the door. 

"Thanks." Min Ho thanked her politely even though he knew that she was still angry at him. 

"Yeah, sure!" She said manly and nodded her head as she headed into her room. 

As he closed the door, 

"Phew... At least she seemed in a better mood a little bit, " He whispered to himself. He ensured that the door was locked. He was afraid that Shin Hye would do something funny to him in order to avenge him. Before he changed his clothes, he decided to call his friend, Jung Ill Woo.

"YAW BOW SAY YOW!" Jung Ill Woo greeted him.  "Where is Uri Min Ho chegum?" 

"Crazy things are indeed happening  to me today." Min Ho opened his conversation. 

"Wae?" Jung Ill Woo asked. 

"Well..." Min Ho told Ill Woo the entire event that was happening to him earlier.

"What? You are at THE PARK SHIN HYE's house???" Ill Woo squeeled like a girl as he couldn't believe what his best friend was saying. "Oh Your LUCKY STAR!!!!" He said excitedly. "You're in HER ROOM!" He added more. 

"Yeap! But..." Min Ho was about to spill his beans but he stopped it right then. "Never mind! I gotta change. I'll meet you up later!Let's go to Hot Point Cafe then." They ended their conversation. 

After changing into his clothes, he went out the room and he saw Shin Hye at the sofa with her ipad probably playing games. She didn't even lift her head up to look at him. Min Ho looked at her in disbelief. He still couldn't add up how she actually was in real life. 

"Min Ho -Ssi... Meet my husband, Mr. Park Jung Ill." She introduced him. Min Ho greeted Mr. Park politely. 

"Have I not seen you before?" Mr. Park tried to recall.

Min Ho just smiled not willing to answer as he still preferred to be treated indifferently.

Shin Hye came from behind him and stood next to Min Ho. "Appa... He is the famous and hottest Lee Min Ho~" She said sweetly to her father. 

Both her parents dropped their jaw as they finally found out. 

"Y.. You mean... he is your co-star for the upcoming drama?" Her mother stammered. 

Shin Hye just nodded as she headed to the kitchen to get a glass of water and drank it. She then grabbed the car keys. 

"Alrighty then, we better return this person to the rightful owner before he is announced being kidnapped by ssaeng fans. AND I AM not one of them!" She glared at him as she put on her shoes. 

"Ah... I apologize Min Ho-ssi.. she can be like that at times. I hope she won't give you a hard time during your work later on. Please take care of her. " Shin Hye's mother said politely. 

"Please.. Please just treat me normally. I enjoyed my time here. I feel like a normal person again. I am so sorry for what had happened earlier." Min Ho bowed at the two of them. 

"Uri Shin Hye will send you. Don't worry, she is an excellent driver. " Mr. Park attested. Min Ho gulped nervously. He hoped she wouldn't give him the scare of his life as he once watched that she had appeared in Top Gear Korea and had genuine interest in fast speed. 

********

"What are you doing standing there? Get in!" Shin Hye said straightforwardly. Min Ho was startled by her voice. 

"Ah... Neh..." He obeyed as he nervously got into her Red Range Rover Evoque. He was in awe with her car. "Wow! This car is really great!" He couldn't help himself complimenting Shin Hye's car.

"Thanks." She answered briefly as she focused in adjusting things in her car. She adjusted the rear mirror as she checked herself. "Alright! Buckle up!" She sped immediately she went out of her parking section. She had a smile carved on her face while Min Ho was holding to his dear life as he hold tight to the door armrest. "Ah... It's too quite inside here. I'll play some music if you don't mind." She hit the radio button and a song came out. At least, the songs she played exuded the feel good feeling.  "Are you scared?" She asked cooly with her eyes focused on the road.

"N.. Neh... IF you don't mind slow down please." He requested. 

"Fine! You're such a bore!" She reduced her speed a little but it was still considered as fast to him. He relaxed a little. Min Ho kept quiet as he was feeling a tad uncomfortable still being with her as he didn't know wether or not she had forgiven him for his unintentional mistake earlier that day. 

"Yah! Audiga?" She asked as she stopped for the red light.

"Ah.. Can you send me to HOT POINT cafe? I'll be meeting my friend there." He told her.

"Didn't know I have turned into your chauffeur today Min Ho-Ssi." Shin Hye teased as she stole a glance at him who was sitting uncomfortably and just looked straight ahead at the traffic. 'He's fun to tease!' She thought as she smiled. 

"Ah.. Neh.. Sorry to trouble you..." He said politely and just kept quiet. Shin Hye couldn't help but burst into laughter. Min Ho looked at her puzzled. 

"You're just too stiff man... Relax a little!" Shin Hye said cooly. 

"Are you sure you're not mad at me?" He asked to ensure so that he could feel relieved a little bit and spared him some embarrassment. 

"Nah... As long as you keep it to yourself what had happened I am cool about it." She said as she took a left turn. "You didn't see anything right?" She asked.

"Eh? No! No!" He lied although he recalled how beautiful her bare skin was and the clothes she was wearing at that moment didn't do any justice to her at all. 

"Have you reviewed the script?"She asked to break the ice. "I meant.. We are going to see each other often anyways, let's make peace." She said.

Min Ho nodded and agreed to her saying, "But, I apologized regarding earlier." He apologized again. 

"I told you we're cool. If you apologize anymore, you're walking on the street." She threatened him. This made Min Ho smiled, he began to understand her a little bit, he usually would find such girl very unbecoming but somehow, Shin Hye intrigued him more. 

*************

"Whoaaaa.... You're so lucky!" Ill Woo claimed excitingly. "She even gave you a ride here? I heard she's into speed." He continued.

"That is totally right and I was scared to hell!" Min Ho told him with a horror expression on his face. "Luckily, she cooled down immediately and reduced the speed a little. It was awkward being in one car with her though. I know we are going to shoot our drama together soon but she is different than what I anticipated. I mean, if you see the news around her, she looks like the perfect woman everyman wanted but she has this other side that we don't know." 

"What do you mean?" Ill Woo asked curiously. "She's not..." His eyes widened as he looked at Min Ho. "... into girls is she?" He continued.

"Yah! I didn't say that. Don't say things loosely," Min Ho scolded his friend. "All I am saying she's into extreme sports for a pretty girl like her. I would assume she would be into cooking, flower thingy or bags or high heels. But, she was far from the image being projected." Min Ho explained.

"Wow... Now, she's ier than I had imagined but it was true then..." Ill Woo remembered something. 

"True about what?" Min Ho asked as he sipped his hot expresso.

"Well... I knew her from CF, she was lively and all but some of the male crews were saying that she was one tough cookie." Ill Woo explained. "They've seen her practice her martial arts and she likes doing sports a lot. She hates men who would hit on her. It's like she shun the idea of dating." Ill Woo continued.

"One tough cookie, eh?" Min Ho repeated as he recalled he saw or heard those words earlier. "Tough cookie?!!!" He exclaimed.

"Wae?" Ill Woo asked seeing his friends eyes wide looking at him.

"Sulma..." Min  Ho said as he dug his phone from his pocket and looked at the conversation he had with the unfamiliar number. "Could it be this is her?" He wondered. Ill Woo craned his neck to peek into his best friend's phone.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! You just got punked by her!" Ill Woo laughed. "That's classic Shin Hye!" Ill Woo said again as he was still laughing. "How did she get your number?" Ill Woo asked, "I thought that's your private number."

"She must have dialed it while I was unaware." He said hiding the fact that he knew she must have gotten it while it was left in her room. 

"Pabo! You should have locked it with password." Ill Woo reminded him.

"I was lazy to do so as I always hold this phone to myself. " He sighed.

"Shin Hye Yah! Is this your game?"  He thought as he smiled. He sort of like the idea that at that moment, they were somehow connected.

When he reached home, his parents were already asleep. He headed to his room and laid on his bed. He stared at his phone and re-read the texts that he exchanged with Shin Hye. He smiled reading it. 

"Should I text her?" He looked at the time, it was almost midnight.

"Tell your mom, thank you for her hospitality. And Thank you for keeping me alive." He texted her as he smiled. 

In ten minutes,

*beep*

"People are trying to sleep!" She replied. Min Ho laughed. He found that she was quite a funny person.

 

You're tough to get through...

But there's this feeling deep inside of me...

I am drawn to you...

Why are you pushing me aside....

 

P/S: Sorry for the delay peeps, I was busy straight out. I had a good trip yesterday. It was refreshing. I'd like to wish my muslim friends Ramadhan Kareem and I hope you amplify your deeds on this holy month :D Have a nice weekends people :D Off to bed I go. <3<3<3