Chapter 17

Marrying a Millionaire

Third person's point of view.

Donghae is sitting on Hyukjae's lap while they are watching his favorite movie. Tears are rolling down on his cheeks because of the scene in A Walk to Remember, how could Jamie die just like that?? why did she leave Landon alone? why can't Nicholas Sparks just let jamie leave so she can have her happily ever after with Landon just like him with Hyukjae? he turned his head to the side to look at the latter who have a frown on his forehead as he watched the last scene. Hyukjae looked at him with a questionable look.

"what is it baby? do you want to go somewhere?" Hyukjae asked him while snuggling his neck. after that confession scene, the older become so sweet toward him that Donghae feels it's dangerous. what if he got used to it? what if this happiness is just temporary? what if this happiness is just borrowed from someone who will take it back after some time? what if Hyukjae is not his happily ever after? what if. what if. what if. that's the question that's occupying his mind right now. "Hae stop thinking nonsense now, I know you're thinking about you're what ifs and i don't like that. if you want something just say it, but you are not allowed to meet that bastard Yunho from now on, I mean it" Hyuk said with a frown.

"are you practicing legilimency Hyukkie?" Donghae asked innocently after blinking three times.

"legi--what the is that?"

"legilimency. because you can read my mind! I thought you're practicing legilimency!"

"oh you better stop reading books Hae. you are so easy to read that's why i know what you are thinking. and I am a normal person Hae, legitimate is not true" Hyuk said while rolling his eyes.

"it's legilimency! you idiot!"

"whatever"

"you--but wait a minute. you said i'm not allowed to meet Yunho anymore!" Hae said as he tried to stand up but Hyuk just tightened his grip on his waist.

"isn't it obvious why i don't like it? i'm jealous Hae and in case you don't know he has a thing on you and he wants to hit on you like he wants to claim you as his!"

"but Yunho is not like that! he's a good friend and he's like a brother to me. he is dear to me Hyukkie. he's there when I have a problem, he's my shoulder to lean on, my knight in shining armor, he's a savior that God sent to save me from my misery." Donghae ended his sentence after looking at Hyuk who is looking at him intently.

"you really know how to break me don't you? you really know how to make me give up, you really know that your words are like a knife to me. i'm sorry if Yunho was there when you experience that thing instead of me"

"it's not like that, i'm not blaming you Hyukkie, it's just that I just can't throw my friendship with Yunho just because the man I love doesn't like him."

"so you love me huh?" Hyuk said as a smile crept up his face.

"did i say that? did i say i love you?" Donghae snapped back while trying to supress a grin.

"whatever Lee Donghae. fine, I'll allow you to meet that --"

"language hyukkie"

"fine. that Yunho but i have to gowith you everytime you two meet. I just can't let you meet him alone after what he did to you"

"Yunho is a friend. he already apologised and I feel sorry toward him because I can't like him back. friendship is the only thing I can give him" Hyukjae tightened his losened grip on the younger's waist. how can this man be so perfect? how can this man so innocent and seductive at the same time? why does he feel so much happiness towards Hae when from the start there is only "that" person in his mind? should he give up searching for her and just let himself be happy with Hae? he knew what he's doing will hurt Hae but there is still a part of him who wants to continue searching. Telling him not to lose hope because the person he's finding is so near, but everytime he looked at Hae's brown orbs, he can't help but to feel guilty. "Donghae-yah, i'm so sorry. I feel like i'll die if I give you up but that person gives me hope when im in my darkest time" he closed his eyes and kissed the younger's shoulder blade. He will just go with the flow right now, he'll try to hold both Hae and that person's hand. if he found what he is finding,then he'll choose the right thing in the end.