The Thursday Back Home

Thursday Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jae,” she called to him sweetly. Jaejoong turned to look at Soo Yun and smiled. She looked flawless in a cute white dress. “I have to tell you something,” she said in that same sweet tone.

                “Yeah?” he arched an eyebrow playfully at her.

                “I’m leaving you,” she smiled. Jaejoong’s face fell.

                “W-what?”

                “I’m leaving you,” she said once more, her smile still in place as if she hadn’t just said something that ruined Jaejoong’s whole world.

                “Why?” he breathed out. His voice was shaking and he was having a hard time controlling his emotions.

                “Because I found someone better,” she said and took a step back. It was then that Jaejoong saw a man behind her. She wrapped an arm around his and waved at Jaejoong. “Goodbye, Jaejoong.”

                “Wait!” He tried grasping her back but as they walked away, a bright light flashed at him and he winced, having to close his eyes. “Soo Yun!” he screamed.

 

Jaejoong’s body jerked awake and Yunho jumped back. “Whoa, there.”

                “,” Jaejoong cussed. He had fallen asleep in his office, and judging from his clock, it was an hour past the time he usually left the building.

                “I was just about to wake you up. You seemed a little—hey!” Yunho said, but Jaejoong ignored the man and took off, slamming the door shut.

                Jaejoong groaned as he put on his jacket and rubbed his face. He was getting lots of dreams these days of Soo Yun leaving him and with a different man each time. The ending, though, would always be the same. He wouldn’t get to have her back. The nights have been torturing Jaejoong and he didn’t want to sleep anymore, but that’s probably why he had dozed off in his office.

                His phone beeped and he pulled it out to look at the text. “Are you coming over tonight?” That’s when he realized what today’s date was. It was Thursday.

                He ignored the other woman’s text and drove home instead. He wasn’t in the mood to meet her after his series of dreams; he wanted to check up on Soo Yun tonight. Will she be surprised to see him? Will she even be home? Jaejoong tighten his grip on the steering wheel as his thoughts took him further. What if she was with another man? After what happened in Japan, she might not hesitate to make a move on other guys anymore. His first dream of when she had died had coincidentally landed on the day their house was robbed. What if his dream today was something similar, what if she really left?

                Jaejoong had to break hard before smashing into the car in front of him. He cussed once more and ruffled his hair. A part of him scolded himself that he shouldn’t even be jealous after all the Thursday nights he’d done to her. Yet, he couldn’t help it. He was greedy when it came to Soo Yun.

 

When Jaejoong opened the door to the apartment, he noticed that the lights and TV were on. The police had announced that their home was now safe to return to and the building had increased the level of security for future purposes. But even so, Jaejoong didn’t really like the idea that this home of theirs was raided. He was definitely going to find a new place whenever he had time.

                “Soo Yun?” he called out, but the silence in the air told him that she wasn’t home. Confusion settled on his face as he turned off the TV and threw his jacket on the couch. He went to the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom, but she was nowhere to be seen.

                He scratched his head and plopped down on the bed. Was this how she felt like, all alone in their flat every Thursday? Because to Jaejoong, the loneliness was suffocating. His thoughts went wild as it did in the car of all the possibilities of where she was and what she was doing and with whom. His thoughts even went as dark as the house being broken in again and this time she was kidnapped, soon he’ll get a call as someone demanded him large amounts of money.

                A chill went down Jaejoong’s spine and he immediately stood up. He twirled around to see if anything was missing and sighed when he declared himself delusional. He had a headache from all the thinking and decided he needed to take an aspirin before bed. He went to Soo Yun’s side of the bed and pulled open one of the drawers which he assumed she kept all the medicine, but to his surprise, the drawer was locked. Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows and pulled it again, hoping that it was just a bad drawer that needed some tweaking. But like his first attempt, it didn’t budge. It was definitely locked.

                Jaejoong let the drawer go and turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter