Thursday Night to Friday Morning

Thursday Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong was a mafia leader. That was his true identity. He’d just gotten a call from one of the most ruthless gang leader against him, saying how his beloved was captured. Jaejoong didn’t know what to think. Soo Yun was a captive and he was scared. He hated that he got her into this mess; marrying someone like him was only trouble.

                He rounded up all his guys and they planned to ambush the other gang’s warehouse as soon as possible. With a gun wrapped tightly in his hand, he told Changmin to drive as fast as he can. Once they got to the warehouse, they all separated, surrounding the center main room where they know Soo Yun would be held in along with the other bad guys.

                Jaejoong took his steps cautiously, and when he was close enough to see the back of her tied to a chair, he busted in and all of his team followed suit. Guns were aimed directly at every member of the other gang. “J-Jaejoong,” she sounded relief to see him in her muffled gag, but something was off. That wasn’t the voice of his wife. Looking at the woman again, now that she had turned towards him, realization dawned onto Jaejoong. It was the other woman. The capturer had said “beloved”, meaning they thought this was the woman he loved. Which Jaejoong understood why they had misunderstood, because after all she was the woman he saw every Thursday night and they must’ve saw them together. What did that mean for Soo Yun? Was she safe? In that moment, the gun in Jaejoong’s had loosen and other gang leader shot boldly towards him.

                In a split second, Jaejoong was on the ground, saved by Yoochun as gunfires started going off. “Save her,” Yoochun roughly said. “I’ve got you covered.” And without thinking, Jaejoong ran to the other woman, untying the knots on her hands and ankles. Immediately after release, she threw her arms around Jaejoong and cried. But he wasn’t comforting her, because from the distance he saw something flash up. Ahead of Jaejoong, was the gang leader holding a silver gun pointed straight at him. But that, too, wasn’t what caught his attention. Behind the leader, was Soo Yun.

                She was held in the arms of another guy, her head locked in his arm as he tried to restrain her from running. She had tears in her eyes and was trying to fight the man holding her still. She was repeatedly calling out his name, but he couldn’t hear it at all, only faintly. It would seem that everything around him was blocked off from his ears and he entered a world of his own. Jaejoong stared at her with a million things running in his mind. She was here. She wasn’t safe. He was soon going to die, and they were making her watch.

                The man in front of him clocked his gun ready and aimed it steady, not wanting to miss a thing. The other woman was still crying hysterically in his arms, clutching onto him, not noticing the horror that was going to occur. And then it happened. All so fast.

                Soo Yun broke free at just the right time. She ran to him at just the right speed. She stood in front of him at just the right angle. And the shot was made just when she arrived.

                The other woman screamed loudly, but Jaejoong couldn’t even hear her, he didn’t even care at that moment. His face had turned pale as he look down upon the girl who’d just collapsed face forward. A pool of blood was seeping out of her, staining her white t-shirt.

                “Jae, we got to go.” Yunho laid a hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder and pulled him up. He could barely stand as his eyes were still set on his wife on the ground. Junsu took the crying girl in his arms and hurried her away, but Jaejoong wouldn’t move as Yunho tried to shove him out the door to their car.

                “Soo Yun,” he said quietly, half expecting her to answer him and flash him one of her brilliant smile. But she laid still. “Soo Yun!” he called louder, but only silence greeted him. It was now his turn to go berserk. Jaejoong repeatedly shouted out her name and attempted to run to her, but Yunho and Yoochun had held him back. Tears ran down his cheeks as he stared at her unmoving body. “Somebody, save her!” he screamed out. But no one was listening. Everyone just left her there like every other injured person. But she wasn’t injured. She wasn’t safe. She was here. She was dead. And he had rescued the wrong person.

 

Jaejoong woke up, panting and sweating. It was all a dream. He was still the CEO of the company, he was still himself, no secret weird identity, and most importantly Soo Yun was still alive. It was just a dream. He glanced at the other woman next to him in bed and groaned, getting up to shower. It was always like this, he made sure to get up before her and leave.

               

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter