Saturday

Thursday Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jaejoong, are you ready?” Soo Yun called out as she gave her hair one final touch. Today was Bomi’s wedding, and as her maid of honor, Soo Yun was in a silky navy dress. She had woken up early to prepare herself and taken 2 hours to look the way she did: beautiful. And if only Jaejoong thought the same as he stare intensely at his phone. His tie lay lazily on his shoulders untied and his shirt wasn’t tucked in. Something was on his mind.

                “Jaejoong?” she asked again and made her way towards him. “Jae,” she said and laid a hand on his bicep.

                He jerked back to reality and turned to her. “Yeah?”

                She furrowed her eyebrows and asked one more time: “Are you ready to go to Bomi’s wedding?”

                He nodded absentmindedly. “Yeah.” He grabbed her hand gently, “Let’s go,” and they went out the door.

                As Soo Yun strapped down her seatbelt, she looked at Jaejoong to study his expression. He seemed trouble; his mind was racing somewhere else and it made her worried.

                “Jaejoong,” she said softly to gain his attention. “Is something wrong?”

                “No,” he replied quickly and started the ignition.

                The ride was quiet at the beginning but the first beep of his phone made Jaejoong stiffened. His grip on the wheel tightened and his jaw clenched. Soo Yun noticed all of this. She almost wanted to lean over and soothed his muscles down, but it was the realization of whom was texting him that held her back. She had taken a quick glance at his phone and saw her name. Soo Yun went rigid in her seat too.

                They were reaching the wedding venue soon and Jaejoong decided to speak up. “Soo Yun,” he said, a tint of regret was in his throat. “I can’t go with you.”

                She didn’t say anything until he parked the car and stared at her, nervously waiting for her response. Many things were racing through her head as it always did. Was he leaving her for the other woman? From his expression, something bad must’ve happened, but Soo Yun didn’t care at that moment. She never cared about the other woman, but she was doing something that had to involve Jaejoong and Soo Yun didn’t like that. She hated every bit of it.

                She pushed the tears back and refused to look at Jaejoong. Her eyes were set straight forward where she could see all the other guests happily arriving with their other partners. Her heart throbbed that they won’t be one of them. It ached, knowing that on this supposed happy day, she was going to cry tears of despair instead of joy. The irony of celebrating a new happy marriage and yet she sat here, depressed because of her own marriage.

                “It’s not Thursday,” she finally replied firmly.

                From the corner of her eye, she can see him close his eyes in guilt and sigh quietly. “I know,” he said. “But she’s sick.”

                “Sick?” Soo Yun couldn’t help but sound sarcastic. She scoffed as she turned to him and her dry lips. “I had a god damn fever because of waiting for you and yet you didn’t rush to my rescue.”

        

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter