One Saturday

Thursday Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo Yun woke up in fear from her nightmare Friday morning and tears sprung from her eyes. It was all just a very stupid dream. She pressed her palms to her eyes hard to stop the tears and when she felt more calmed, she dressed for work. A day passed just like that and still no sign of Jaejoong.

                Soo Yun was getting more depressed each minute, what could he possibly be doing? Was he mad at her just as her dream foretold? If so, Soo Yun wanted to tell him it was all wrong. But how are you going to contact a man who has blocked you from any form of communication. With the shop getting busier, Soo Yun didn’t have time to go to his work place.

                She may smile brightly at the customers, but every worker knew that she was faking it and they didn’t know what to do to make her feel any better for they didn’t know the source of the problem. She stopped accidentally breaking plates and cups, but others do find her dazing off with a sad look on her face, and they’ll have to call out her name twice just to get her attention.

                “How’s Jaejoong,” Bomi said one Saturday when the shop wasn’t so busy with customers. Their friendship hadn’t completely died down, but they were working on it in their own way by still greeting each other and acting like everything was normal. They were obviously avoiding the topic that had them heated in the first place, that is, until now when Bomi couldn’t handle the silence that surrounded Soo Yun most of the time. Her dark aura was starting to affect the whole shop.

                Soo Yun shrugged. “I wouldn’t know,” she said and continued to arrange the cups on the shelves.

                “You know,” Bomi slowly said. “You can tell me anything that’s bothering you. I will try to help you in any way I can.”

                “I’m sure you will,” was all Soo Yun said before going back to work silently. She wasn’t in the mood to tell Bomi off.

                “And like many people have said, ‘There are plenty of fishes in the sea.’” Bomi said after a series of silence.

                Soo Yun gripped a cup and slammed it down harsher than she should‘ve. “Bomi!” she said loudly and then took a breath to calm herself down. “Are you done baking that cake? I would like a slice to display it,” she said, changing what she initially wanted to say.

                She’s been in a bad mood all morning, sulking. She didn’t need get into another argument with Bomi, but she was beginning to push it. She’s been by her side since she came in and would look at her with the most sympathetic face. And Soo Yun didn’t need that; she didn’t need pity at the moment.

                “Okay,” Bomi replied quietly and went back into the kitchen.

                Soo Yun sighed and leaned her head down on the counter, trying to soothe her troubled heart. The chime of the door brought her head back up and instantly her mood dropped even lower.

                “Hi,” he nervously said. “I brought you some flowers,” he said and handed them to her.

                Soo Yun didn’t know what to say and looked at the kitchen door to see Bomi’s face peeked out in expectations.

                “Hi,” Soo Yun said through gritted teeth. “Hyun Myung, right?”

                The man laughed and anxiously rubbed the back of his neck. “I’ve never met a woman who was busier than me. I haven’t seen you since our first date.”

                “Yeah,” she breathed out hardly and shoved the flowers away to the side.

                “So, I decided to come and see you here, at work,” he smiled handsomely.

                “Look, Hyun Myung ssi,” she said and clasped her hands together. “This very lovely and all but,” she gestured towards the flowers. “I’m not interested in a relationship at the moment. That’s why I haven’t contacted you.”

                “Haven’t contacted me?” he furrowed his eyebrows. “I thought you told Bomi ssi to tell me that you were interested, but just haven’t had the time to call because of a personal issue dealing with your ex-husband.”

                “W-what?” Not once during their blind date had Soo Yun told the man about Jaejoong. She turned to the kitchen and saw that Bomi had pretended to look busy. She fumed silently and turned back to the man. “I’m sorry, but you’ve been misinformed.”

                “Is there a problem with your ex? Should I scare him off for you? I heard from Bomi that he was pretty persistent in wanting you back. If you want I know a great guy in the office, and he’s a lawyer specifically for this kind of thing—“

                “That wouldn’t be necessary!” she said, louder than she should, silencing him. “I would like it if you left my shop. Right now.” She pushed the confused man out the door and stalked off into the kitchen with fists clenched. “Bomi!” she shouted when she approached her. “What in the world were you thinking?”

                “That Kim Jaejoong doesn’t deserve you, and you need a better man,” she said and crossed her arms defensively.

                “Bomi, stop being childish, you can’t decide things for me,” Soo Yun stressed once more. “You are to call that man and tell him very clearly that I am in no way going to be in a relationship with him, ever, got that?” she commanded and made half her way out before Bomi spoke up again.

                “What if Jaejoong doesn’t want you back anymore?”

                She turned back to her slowly, confused and curious. “And why wouldn’t he?”

                Bomi looked away and shifted her feet. “I may have told him something that could be misleading.”

                “What?” she responded coldly. “When was this?”

                “Wednesday,” she said and everything just clicked in place in Soo Yun’s mind. This was why he was avoiding her after that day. “But in my defense, I did it because I cared for you,” Bomi said quickly but Soo Yun only shook her head at Bomi’s actions.

                “Bomi, you may hate the guy, but this is wrong,” she said with disappointment and stepped out of the kitc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter