Monday's the First Contact

Thursday Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 6 months and Soo Yun hasn’t seen or heard from Jaejoong since. He completely disappeared from her life, taking the words “start all over” to the heart and extreme. She was starting to doubt if he really meant what he had said before.

                Their divorce papers went by pretty quickly, usually the fastest time would be at least a year or two, but with Jaejoong’s influence, they both easily sped through the process. And not once, had she seen him in the meeting rooms where they were supposed to meet and discuss. His lawyer will always be present alone, stating all his words for her to hear.

                She was busy nowadays with her shop, and it was this particular day that had her thinking of him again. Wondering how he was doing, how he was eating, how’s his work, because today marked their status as officially divorced, no longer in the midst of it.

                Soo Yun looked down to her hand and sighed in awe at the ring that wrapped perfectly around her finger. Last night she had a feeling of nostalgia and had slipped the ring on for first time in a long time. She had just wanted to try it on for a bit, but she ended up keeping there, liking the way it felt on her.

                “Ms. Soo Yun,” an employee called out to her from the other side of the counter.

                “Yes?” she said, slightly embarrassed she was caught dazing off, looking at her ring.

                “I got the shop’s mail,” the employee said and laid the letters on the counter before her. “And this came along with it.” Gently, the girl set a single rose on top of the letters with a tag attached to it.

                “Oh,” Soo Yun said, not knowing how to react the way her heart just jumped. “Go…mop the place or something,” Soo Yun shooed the young girl away for she had stared at the older woman in curiosity, also wanting to know what the rose might be about.

                Soo Yun carefully picked up the thornless rose and admired the beauty of it. It was in a shade of deep red and the petals bloomed out in an elegant manner rather than closed in together. She took the ivory tag and read the words that made her heart flutter once more.

                “You will be mine again.”

                Soo Yun flushed just reading those words. If someone were to look at her now, they would question if she was sick with a fever. She didn’t need to see that he had signed the card with a simple letter of “J” to know that it was from him. Actions like this just screams out his name.

                “Yunnie!” Bomi’s shout echoed through the shop. She ran at full speed to Soo Yun and threw her purse back at her.

                “Why are you giving me my bag?” Soo Yun asked frantically, scared that the rose might be ruined under her heavy purse.

                “Take the day off,” Bomi said and started to shove Soo Yun out the door.

                “Wait, why?”

                “’Cause I just hooked you up on a blind date!”

                “What? Bomi!” Soo Yun extended her arms, dropping her bag in the process, and smacked her hands against the walls before exiting out the doors. “I never agreed to a blind date!”

                “Of course you didn’t, but I did so on your behalf,” Bomi said as she continued to push her out the door, but she was holding out strongly.

                “I don’t want to go.”

                “Oh, come on,” Bomi whined. “You’re finally divorced, it’s time to meet other guys and be happy. Only love again can heal a broken heart.”

                “I’m not broken,” Soo Yun retorted.

                “Of course you aren’t,” Bomi said sarcastically. “And it’s too late to cancel now, if you want to tell the poor guy you’re not interested, you’ll have to meet him yourself and say it.” One last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter